Planning Thread for Real Trip in February

I have a reservation for WDW early December for just DH and me. Now, DH is telling me his company won’t let him go on vacation at that time! :sob: He has told me to reschedule for February but I haven’t done anything for weeks because I can’t bear to cancel the December reservations. I just love WDW during the Christmas season.

I’m just starting to think about rescheduling. Do I get onsite perks for arrival day and departure day? I was thinking of staying a night (Sunday) at the airport and checking into a Disney Resort the next day (Monday). Would I get the 30-minute early entrance into a park on Monday, before I check into my resort?

We check out on Sunday. I presume we can leave our luggage with bell service and get the 30-minute early entrance into a park on this departure day?

I don’t have dates chosen for February. Suggestions would be great.

:shushing_face: I think the reason I haven’t canceled December is if WDW starts selling AP, I might go by myself or find a travel partner.

8 Likes

Do it! Is anyone else going at the same time? I know there are a few December plans. @ryan1? @Dreamer maybe?

I have a post in another thread showing which weeks in February have lower hotel rates (implying lower crowds). I will try to find it and post here. Avoid holiday weeks for sure.

Yes you can do this.

3 Likes

It is so hard to cancel once the reservation is made and balls are rolling! I’m still holding reservations for December 12 - 18.

Anxiously waiting…

4 Likes

December 4 through 12. Leaving early morning on the 12th.

4 Likes

Just miss you! I would come in on the 12 in the late afternoon.

1 Like

I currently have reservations 4-9 Dec and 10-17 December. Not sure which week will work based on work requirements. If I end up there on the second week and you are there I’d love to meet!

5 Likes

:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

If you end up having to move it to February we will be at UOR 1/23 to 1/27 and WDW 1/27 to 2/4.

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing your February dates, DH and I need to move our trip together to WDW to February.

I’m toying with the idea of keeping the December trip for just me and ?

3 Likes

I think if you can afford it you should do both!! You deserve it!

4 Likes

As long as airfare doesn’t cost $700+ roundtrip/person, it will ease my conscience! Now, if WDW starts selling APs, that will be the carrot and I will definitely go in December, February,…!

6 Likes

Yes!

Yes!

2 Likes

Yes answers help me make the decision!

2 Likes

…enabler here… even if you don’t check in online you should have access to all guest resort perks on both arrival & departure dates.

3 Likes

Found it:

https://forum.touringplans.com/t/random-musings-and-a-very-merry-unbirthday-to-you/86132/3179

It looks like the very first week of February is best. After that it gets ugly fast. Lots of holiday weekends and spring break starting to pick up.

5 Likes

February 5th probably, then.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Another question. For the All Star resorts, I don’t think I get to pick the type of bed when reserving, King or Queen plus Murphy? If I go with someone else besides DH, it would be nice to have the Queen plus Murphy.

2 Likes

I don’t believe All Stars have king beds at all… maybe someone can confirm. I know it’s not a choice for Movies or Sports

ETA: I stand corrected, see next post

2 Likes

found this

Value Resorts:
Many guests considering King Bed options tend to overlook Disney’s Value Resorts completely. This is mainly due to the fact that unlike the Moderates the Values don’t offer a specific King Bed category. However, that doesn’t mean that King Bed rooms aren’t an option at these properties. It is possible to find king beds at any of the All Star properties (All Star Music, All Star Sports and All Star Movies), Pop Century and Art of Animation (Little Mermaid Rooms Only) but these are by request only. This means that King Bed Rooms at these properties aren’t guaranteed. Rather you put in a request and Disney will do their best to honor your preference. To make a King Bed request at any of these properties simply call your Travel Agent or ring up Disney directly to have the request added to your reservation.

What Walt Disney World Resorts Offer King Beds? - MickeyBlog.com

4 Likes

Obviously, your Google skills are better than mines! Thank you!

3 Likes