Pictures and Online Reports from the CM preview re-opening of MK

Social Distance Dining at BOG

1 Like

Fantasyland Friends

6 Likes

I think today would be the one and only time I get to sit in the west wing!

That Gaston is a pretty close match for a face character!

3 Likes

From https://twitter.com/TouringPlans

It’s a Small World

Cleaning boats

3 Likes

I can’t tell very well in the pic but it looks like the shields aren’t on the windows but are on the rail as a divider between one side of the line and the other side that is looping back. Hopefully that is the case as blocking the windows would be super odd.

1 Like

Cue liner graphs tracking trends :slight_smile:

1 Like

can you imagine cleaning all that Plexiglas? All the finger prints, smudges etc.

4 Likes

I’m really loving all the characters walking around

3 Likes

No no… do go on and keep telling me how we don’t need virtual queues and how everyone will follow social distancing rules thus making them pointless. Clearly I’m wrong. :triumph:

(Not directed at you, @Padme501st_701292, just using your photo for reference for my sarcasm.)

6 Likes

That was a moment in time.

A bad one.

But a moment

Most everything looked quite safe.

6 Likes

I know! That Gaston kinda makes you weak in the knees!

4 Likes

Windex might just have a good year after all…

5 Likes

These are cast members(and guests), though, aren’t they? If anyone would be towing the “we need to be safe and act accordingly” line, I would imagine it’d be this group more than any other.

So if these people don’t do it, what reason would “normies” do it? The ones who are convinced they’re above being inconvenienced by safety efforts?

4 Likes

For what it’s worth, my former spring 2020 DCP knows someone in the picture above. The girl reported that it was multiple groups that had just arrived when 7DMT had just reopened. She is saying that within 2 minutes the CMs had the groups safely social distanced.

16 Likes

I am glad to hear this.

Also, if you see a crowd like that and you are smart… keep walking.

I was impressed by everything I saw when watching today.

2 Likes

Agree! That one picture is the only one I saw, and I saw it on twitter too. But that it’s a small world line is perfect!

Also agree love the characters around! Reminds me of my early trips as a kid. Just seeing them was exciting!

I saw TP call it a pop up parade so it seems so. I actually like it! No waiting for an hour in a large crowd.

3 Likes

Someone who was there tweeted that a torrential downpour had just ended and everyone happened to get excited and run to the line at the same time. Not great but it also doesn’t seem indicative of the rest of the day.

3 Likes

That’s great to hear! I was hoping it was just a moment in time cause like everyone else said, all other footage from today didn’t look like that.

The true test will be this weekend when the two parks open to resort guests and AP. It will be interesting to see the capacity and how things flow then.

1 Like

This thread makes me so happy and so sad. Probably won’t be at WDW til late 2021 or early 2022. Hope things are a little more normal by then, but I do envy those low crowds!

2 Likes