Pictures and Online Reports from the CM preview re-opening of MK

Me too. The fullness of the park will be the determining factor for me on cancelling or keeping our trip in 3 weeks.

2 Likes

The AP preview days “sold out” in less than hour, so those days will be at the full planned capacity.

Too soon

6 Likes

Question:

In the future after the coronavirus threat is done, will the Plexiglas remain along with other increased sanitary measures?

What will really be the “new normal” in 2022 or 2023?

3 Likes

Personally, I think that will come down the moment the pandemic is declared “over.” Only the less obtrusive changes may remain - like having hand sanitizer, some people wearing masks, etc.

2 Likes

Really? Wow. Of course, the followup is if they are running the preview days at the same capacity as when ordinary guests arrive.

Speaking of which, I saw someone doing Astro Orbitor. They are only only single parties up the elevator at a time, which means the might have a few as 2 people total going up (if there are two single parties, one for each elevator). This would seem to make an already slow-loading line even slower. But then, they might be running the elevators constantly instead of just one for each ride cycle.

Same. If the capacity is larger, making the waits much longer, that may also be enough to push us over the edge and cancel.

1 Like

My guess is that they are not. I think they have a lower capacity for the early days as they test everything out, then they ramp up over the next couple of weeks, like they did in Shanghai.

2 Likes

Princess Cavalcade

6 Likes

The more I see, the happier that I am that my next trip won’t be for at least 18 months…

8 Likes

Good thing my father in law owns a plastic making company!!! Though I think he makes specialty parts for machines. I’ll have to ask next time we meet up, hadn’t been since Christmas!!@

I wish I was there now! That woman in that live feed from FB practically walked on every ride she went to, including Peter Pan, Pirates, Winnie the Pooh, etc.! And the character cavalcades look fun. Much easier than waiting for a parade or M&G. And just being able to walk around without bumping into people seems so nice.

4 Likes

Space Mountain

Let’s see what it looks like with us regular folks allowed in

I wonder if the crowd levels are like this, could Park Hopping be allowed?

2 Likes

And here is the line for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train today

1 Like

What the heck?! Where is the social distancing there???

6 Likes

Maybe they’re all in the same party. :joy:

1 Like

WDW has social distance line marking for the ride

See the yellow arrrow for the marks

https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct/status/1279204234517458944/photo/1

1 Like

Meanwhile over at AK, only 5 minute wait for FOP and every other ride at AK as well

https://twitter.com/wdwtodaypodcast/status/1280593179394400263/photo/1

5 Likes

I feel like you can see them in the picture but they just aren’t being utilized at that moment during the day today

Here is a bigger image

BTW looking at MDE 7DMT is a 45-minute wait, Jungle Cruise and BTM are 35-minute waits, and Splash Mountain is 50 minutes.

All other rides are 5 or 10 minute waits.

3 Likes