Pictures and Online Reports from the CM preview re-opening of MK

That makes me sad, but I understand why it must be done.

I think you have this one correct.

3 Likes

well, drats. for a second there I thought I would be able to acquire a new pet to take home :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Thanks for posting - very interesting. New normal world we now live in!

I’ve been back and forth about our December trip (for which I can’t even yet buy tickets), but these photos make me really want to make that trip happen.

1 Like

Oh that is wicked sad :frowning:

How are those of us who know the script going to satisfy that itch? It will be like the episode of Big Bang Theory where Sheldon wasn’t allowed to finish any of his compulsions (like knocking three times x3 on Penny’s door)

3 Likes

I would have named mine Fangs

6 Likes

My younger daughter had an invisible pet for many years names Nibbles the Bat. I haven’t thought about Nibbles in a long time. Those were the days!

3 Likes
  1. My kids would have a hard time not touching all of those partitions.

2. I kinda love seeing so many characters out and about. I’m not a fan of character meets so I usually avoid them but I do really enjoy seeing them out in the park. It reminds me of 80’s WDW.

6 Likes

Running into Timon at AK last summer Without waiting in a line basically took me back to that Disney feeling I missed every other other park day we had.

1 Like

Here are some shots from the re-opening of AK

Expedition Everest

Kilimanjaro Safari - with the Plexiglas dividers on the trucks they allow you to remove your mask

FOP

Entrance

2 Likes

I hate coronavirus

19 Likes

I should have bought shares in a plexiglass company…

23 Likes

I agree, I liked having “free range” characters just walking around, greeting guests.

A few pics of characters in the parks

At AK

MK now has A Goofy Cavalcade

9 Likes

Isn’t that essentially a parade?

Yes, a tiny parade but one so small and quick that guests won’t likely gather in large crowds and wait for a long period of time.

4 Likes

I thought I had read that they are kind of spontaneously timed right? Like, CMs aren’t telling guests when/where they will occur to try and alleviate any potential crowds lining up for them?

1 Like

Damn, Skippy.

These photos have me feeling the full gamut. Not all bad, but not all good either

7 Likes

Popped in to check on the live stream. They did Space Mountain…but there was like literally no wait.

I’d be curious to know how “full” the park is today compared to when they are at “full capacity” using the DPP. I guess we’ll see the difference in a few days.

1 Like

Now I really want a lap bat…

6 Likes