Photo of the day

I Don’t Know whY

4 Likes

Thank you! LOL I figured it had to be something obvious.

I’m only at half caff yet this morning. Appreciate the assist

1 Like

I think the decision to use Y instead of W makes it particularly difficult to come up with a guess.

3 Likes

DS being appointed Junior Mayor of MK four years ago! We were eating an early lunch at the Plaza restaurant when this randomly happened.

12 Likes

I was thinking it must be, “I don’t know you,” which obviously doesn’t make sense! But the whY does, thank you! :rofl:

1 Like

That’s all I kept coming up with too :laughing:

1 Like

isn’t Y short for why?

4 Likes

My kids use it that way all the time. I am an old geezer and still haven’t caught on to doing it.

1 Like

Yes. But usually when used as the word itself directly. So, I might say, “Y do you ask?” This is because Y sounds exactly the same as “Why”.

What is unusual in the case of IDKY is that it is an abbreviation of the words themselves. Most of the time, in such cases, you just use the first letter of each word, and not abbreviate using the abbreviation. So, IDKY is a bit of an outlier.

I suspect (without actually knowing) that IDKW could be interpretted as “I Don’t Know Where/Who/When/Why”, so at least in the “Why” case, using “Y” differentiates it?

3 Likes

I am way older than you :wink: and my kids have scolded me enough for texting in complete sentences w/ punctuation, so much so, that I have tried to adapt :laughing:

well, I combined two rules then :laughing:

2 Likes

I understand. I constantly make the mistake of gasp putting a period after the word okay. Or, for that matter, using the word okay at all. Kk. That’s what you are supposed to say if you don’t want to ruffle any feathers. (I still type “Okay.” out of habit)

Anyhow, you are fine using IDKY. That is actually correct. It is just a correct outlier, which can make it confusing if you don’t already know it!

2 Likes

I wasn’t confused at all :wink: :laughing:

I was hoping that was you guys in the ToT pic! Epic!

That lion looks like he’s about to sneeze.

Me sometime late 70’s or early 80’s, I think. My school had a carnival and I really wanted my picture with Chewbacca but my brothers were being slow and by the time we got there Vader was the only option.

12 Likes

RIP Mizner’s. I hardly got to know you.

8 Likes

10 Likes

Found this photo today from 2015… 3rd birthday party for DD9 (middle) :sob::heart:

9 Likes

One of the (eleven!!) numbers my DD18 was in yesterday for her recital was a Disney Mashup, the finale of which was done to I’ll Make a Man Out Of You. Instead of wielding a sword or bo staff, the girls wielded their tap shoes. It was super creative!

Here’s their ending pose:

(That’s my baby daughter on the back right in pink)

13 Likes

Love it!!

2 Likes