People are crazy

I can see that point as well. And having my 2020 trip postponed as well after not being back since right before before TSL, I’m in a similar boat. I wish I could not worry about it.

As the title of the thread aptly says, people are crazy. Just chuck me in that pile!

Disney, please take my money.

4 Likes

I LOVE planning a Disney trip. Well, a pre-COVID Disney trip. The thrill of the hard to get ADR at 180 days or FPP at 60 days, what a rush! Securing those PPO ADRs to get a leg up on the rest of the crowds, I felt like a Disney ninja with my insider knowledge. And putting together that perfect TP, heck yeah!

But, I also have no problem paying for convenience and guarantees. CL rooms for extra FPP? Check. Dessert parties (even, gasp, within another party!)? Check. EMM/DAH? Check! We haven’t done a plaid yet, but we go for 10+ days and use all the other tricks so I haven’t seen a need. Plus, my party consists of lots of little ones and a plaid would be wasted on them!!

So yeah, I would pay for a guaranteed ride on RotR. I would prefer that it not be just for the ride, but rather an experience like DAH, a dessert party, or even included with CL rooms. I suppose that’s what I’ll be doing when the Star Wars Hotel opens and we stay there, but I don’t think that should be the only option.

ETA - My willingness to pay only applies to an official Disney offering. I’m not willing to pay for something like the service that started this thread.

5 Likes

YES! :rofl::rofl:

Oh my goodness, can you imagine trying that today? Heads would roll!

3 Likes

Right. I mean that those who ARE willing to pay up are probably the ones who don’t go alot and don’t know what they are doing.

Not that everyone who doesn’t go often would pay up

1 Like

100% Yes! To all of this!

1 Like

I’ve been a lot and STILL don’t know what I’m doing half the time. :rofl:

It goes a lot like this:

Me: OK Family, we got this! I have all the FP’s filled. We have ADR’s set for 1pm at Tony’s and BoG at 6:45…wait, where are you guys going? Put down that Churro! No we have to go to Tomorrowland for Bu…GUYS STOP! Ooo Balloon!! I want one. I need a coffee. Wait it’s already 3:30, but we missed our reservation. Where did your dad go? WTF? That’s it. I’m done trying to plan for you animals.

Them: Puff of smoke where they were standing 3 seconds ago.

7 Likes

But that simple system, addressed and effectively dealt with a lot of the issues about ride access and availability.

4 Likes

Oh, I completely agree! I proudly wave my Capitalist flag.

2 Likes

I voted nothing because like everything there is a “hack” for, where is the challenge? I love “beating the system” within the “official” structures.

4 Likes

My vote would change from ‘nothing’ to ‘something’ if I hadn’t already gotten a good BG and ridden the ride without a lot of trouble. It’s a challenge, but not a steep enough challenge for me to worry about not being able to get it for ‘free’ instead of paying for it.

I think that’s a lot different than most legit Disney upcharges. The hard ticket events are something different you can’t get otherwise, same with stuff like plaids, WAT, etc. Or even the FPP you could get by being CL. It’s possible with same day drop, but very unlikely to get multiple headliners just at the times you want (on top of the ones any on-site guest can reserve), and with the lounges, food, and special rooms, you’re getting a full experience you can’t get another way. But with a RotR BG, you CAN get the exact same experience as someone paying this bot to do it. Until too many are doing that and significantly hampering my own odds, then I will pay nothing extra.

4 Likes

OMG I remember those!!! :heart_eyes::star_struck:

1 Like

I love this Pooh ride story! My older daughter had speech/language issues and used a lot of sign language too. I did not teach her signs - she taught me. She was like the best charades player ever! But I could understand pretty complex things she was trying to tell me. Like the time she flushed her underwear down the toilet! I love you have this memory and it’s special for all of you even if he doesn’t remember it first hand.

7 Likes

It was the best, and we completely avoided the “terrible 2’s” with it by giving him a voice when he wasn’t comfortable using his. We made up most of it as we went along, but he understood and that was all that mattered.

We never flushed underwear, but I can completely see the logic behind that decision! :rofl::rofl:

Our other favorite ride story using signs was around the same age. He was trying to tell us something from the stroller and between the garbling and the noise around us we had a hard time understanding. On his own, he yells “IRATES!!! ARGHHHH” while crooking his pointer finger and having it dance in front of him. :joy::joy::heart_eyes: That’s good parenting right there :rofl::rofl::pirate_flag:

6 Likes

I think you hit the nail on the head for me. I am totally willing to pay for an experience that includes a ride on RotR. I am not willing to pay a bot to get me a BG. If Disney were to offer a paid option for a BG only, I may fork it over, I may not. I would need more specifics like how much and how far in advance it would have to be purchased.

3 Likes

Around that age or a little older my daughter had a hard time with hard stops in the middle of words. So button was butt. She always wanted to push the butt in the elevator. LOL It took me a minute to realize what she was saying when she said, “Mama stupe!” when she was mad. I put an end to that tout suite!

5 Likes

Not sure when the UG started but I wonder what the TP would be for getting the most out of those tickets.

And I wonder how many books of tickets people used to burn thru.
You’ve got 10 D ticket attractions, more than twice the number of Bs or As.
Tough choices when it’s a trip of a lifetime.

4 Likes

Love how they have to explain what Space Mt is.

4 Likes

Could you buy separate tickets too? Like just a E ticket? I was young, not in charge of the wallet, but I remember asking for more E tickets. I do remember the ticket booths around MK too.

2 Likes

I dislike the idea of paying for a ride. When I first started taking my daughters to DLR at spring break, money was TIGHT. I loved that once we paid the price of admission, everything we did was included. Back then, we ate most meals outside of the park and brought snacks in with us, etc. We also shopped at the Target down Harbor Blvd. for cheaper souvenirs! Even the paid Max Pass bothers me on some levels. And we usually don’t pay for it. :slight_smile: But I think I am out-numbered by those who can and will spend a lot more on things.

5 Likes

I voted as it would be my first ride. I would have totally paid Disney $75 and maybe even $100 for that first time ride. Because I am a crazy person. A crazy Star Wars person who started saving the day DLR announced plans for SWGE. But after riding and loving it very much I would not pay, I would wait in line for an hour though

2 Likes