People are crazy

Plus… I don’t understand ppl like this… it’s embarrassing to my DH and myself to ask for this service, we would much rather be fully abled and not need it. But we are also grateful as it allows us to be able to go and enjoy the parks.

8 Likes

Disney is notoriously bad at tiers. They have a place to spend $12k+ a day where “no” is not an option (except RotR unless someone hears differently). And they have an “If everyone can’t, then no one can” approach (except DLR which just put their parks CA resident only).

Also, all of this :point_down:t3:

The reason I was explained was that RotR still breaks down too much to guarantee it as an option, the same reason it still doesn’t have a FP option, and in line with that, no Plaid access.

I do not like to gamble on my vacation, and that’s what RotR is to me. Especially with people finding a way to gank they system. To @Tall_Paul1’s point, instead of being sneaky and giving money to an off site service, my money is going directly to Disney. If I can’t guarantee a BG, I can guarantee a near perfect day by securing other attractions with a Plaid.

9 Likes

Anything to make a buck. It’s disgusting in my opinion.

2 Likes

Okay, let’s see how much people are willing to pay per person to guarantee one ride on ROTR
EDIT : How much would you personally pay Disney, since it is about how much $$$ WDW is leaving on the table

Here’s a poll

• Nothing
  • 1 to 10 Dollars
  • 11 to 25 Dollars
  • 25 to 50 Dollars
  • 51 to 75 Dollars
  • 75 to 100 Dollars
  • Over 100 Dollars

0 voters

4 Likes

I don’t go to Disney often, so I’m one of those who have less of a chance at riding ROTR, but I do not give money to people who take advantage of others in this way.

4 Likes

At the end of the day, it’s just a ride…

2 Likes

Based on what I’m seeing, people are willing to pay A LOT. This website uses surge pricing and apparently it shot up to over $100 bc of massive increase in requests!! :scream:

For the most part, I enjoy the thrill of “will I get everything right and get one?” of the RoTR experience.
I might be willing to pay a little bit directly to Disney for a special circumstance. Like a person’s one and only chance to ride. I would not pay $100’s of dollars for that.

4 Likes

I answered what I think others will spend, not me specifically!

1 Like

LOL… I answered what I was willing to pay; nada

3 Likes

Oh, I thought it was a “how much would you LIKE to pay”, not “would pay”. My CC info isn’t submitted yet, but change mine to Over $100.

I am paying over $100, through Disney, on a flyer that they might start letting FP’s in by then, or whatever system they’re changing to. I’m paying roughly $1,670 a person, to be exact-ish.

2 Likes

I based my answer on paying Disney since the quoted post specifically mentioned Disney. I would not pay an outside company.

Also, if it was just me, I’d pay $100, but I don’t go by myself. I’m not paying that for 4 (sometimes 5) people, so I settled on the lower amount.

1 Like

I think it’s important for us to keep in mind, though, that while (currently) “NOTHING” is leading this poll, it would likely be largely because we are all fairly confident in our ability to secure a BG at some point during our trip due to lots of help from each other (especially @bebe80 and the tip sheet), and our likelihood to practice and gain confidence. Also, many of us are frequent fliers with plans to visit WDW often, so if we don’t get it this time, meh slighly disappointing but we’ll catch it on the next go.

All that being said I’ve never felt any one ride will make or break my WDW experience and cannot think of a single thing I would pay extra for. I never even bought into a dessert party. I suppose I did in the past get PPO breakfasts to gain advantage. But I was going to eat that morning anyway so I don’t consider that necessarily paying more than I would have anyway.

All this to say - those who don’t go a lot and don’t know what they are doing are going to be in that group willing to pay up.

8 Likes

I voted $50 which is a deal for my family of 4 if you compare it to a VIP tour to touch rhinos or something.

Having said that none of my family are die-hard SW fans. If DD6 grows up to embrace the Force then my wallet would loosen accordingly at that time.

Liking ONLY the part about how I read the question - how much am I PERSONALLY willing to pay for a guaranteed extra.

The answer to that is nearly always nothing at all.

3 Likes

I see this to a point, but to me it’s much, much more.

It’s a memory with the family. And I don’t have a whole lot of good ones before my current family, and honestly, it took a few years for me to get to where I am mentally to start enjoying new memories.

One of my favorites is the Pooh attraction with my then 2yo. He would ask for it in the CUTEST little voice and because of speech issues we would communicate with him using sign language as a supplement. He’d hold his hands up to his little chest and shrug his shoulders, like he was going to be “diving” into the giant book the attraction rides through.

A decade later and we still refer to Pooh in that same pose, with the memory of him asking for it fresh in our minds. Or any of the hundred other attractions where there were no work calls being made or meetings we had to rush to. Where my DH and I got to enjoy our family and be in the moment.

6 Likes

I would be incensed if Disney actually started to offer paid guaranteed access only to those willing/able to pony up. Everyone pays exorbitant prices already to be there. But, this ROTR process is a truly stressful and for many deeply disappointing part of the Disney experience. I would love to see them offer access to ONE guaranteed ride on ROTR per ticket purchased (so one per stay for most people) or once monthly for AP’s. I wonder if the ride capacity is adequate to support even that. And if not, why did they build it without adequate capacity for the number of guests they know they have.

7 Likes

I get what you are saying as we have memories on specific rides from several amusement parks. However, if you don’t get on ROTR, that memory can occur on any of the other rides at DW. To me, it’s not the ride that creates the memory. It’s the people riding it. We have not been on ROTR and haven’t been to Disney since right before Toy Story land opened. We are going in November/December this year. My kids would probably love ROTR and we will try for it, but if we don’t get to ride it, then we will make a memory doing something else instead.

After waiting 18 months for this trip that was supposed to be in May 2020 and going through a pandemic with the entire world, ROTR is not worth stressing about IMO.

5 Likes

Perhaps. I don’t fit that theory though.
I don’t go often and don’t know the current process. The only time I’ve tried to get a BG was when RotR was within a month old and it was for someone else, so although I know I can find the info here when I need it, I’m currently in the ‘don’t know what I’m doing’ camp.

I chose nothing because I feel like the price to ride is already included in the ticket price. And with that feeling, I think it sucks that so many people don’t get to ride when they want to.

I wouldn’t rule out paying for an after hours experience or something, but I wouldn’t pay anything JUST to ride something that’s already included in my ticket.

5 Likes

Yes!!!

5 Likes

Maybe they could do something like this:

13 Likes