People are crazy

I too like one admission for access all day. I do like max pass though. And do not like FP. MP is cheap especially compared to IOAs express pass

3 Likes

That is true. But it adds up for a family over several days.

3 Likes

From an Allears article about the old ticket system

. So Disney set up several Central Ticket Booths throughout each land (two in Fantasyland) where you could buy the additional ride tickets you needed. Those tickets ranged in price from 10 cents to 90 cents each

Imagine paying 90 cents for ROTR.

FYI Article link

4 Likes

So true. We didn’t get it everyday. Only on days we perceived as overly crowded

2 Likes

THIS!

Do you remember the lines at Space Mountain in DL before FP? It was not uncommon to wait an hour and a half, before we all had phones or parents that would wait with us, in that wrap around on the roof right before you go into the actual building. On average, it was a 3 hour wait during peak hours.

If I could wait in line, I might not pay either. But they won’t even let us do that. It’s BG or bust.

1 Like

I heard a story, I think it was on the Disney Dish podcast, how when Disney opened a park in China, they had a problem with too many elderly grandparents getting onto Space Mountain without realizing it was a roller coaster.

Can’t tell what the ride is really like from the outside.

1 Like

I remember waiting in line b4 phones… we actually talked to each other. I have no recollection of how long we waited. Only that my feet hurt sometimes :rofl:

4 Likes

How much was a gallon of milk or loaf of bread for comparison?

The increased industrialization of food production brought along more changes. For example, glass milk bottles were largely replaced with disposable paper cartons. This was also the year the microwave oven was sold to consumers; at least, to people who could afford one—they cost the equivalent of $12,000 today!

Milk: 93¢ per gallon

Egg: 61¢ per dozen

SPAM: 39¢ per can

Take a closer look at our favorite foods from the 1950s.

3 Likes

I recall hearing that they could not make the tickets work at EPCOT because there’d be an international incident if you tried to rank the WS pavilions A - E. So a general admission was the only solution.

4 Likes

I only went to Disney once as a kid and barely remember any of it, so most of my opinion on theme/amusement parks, until I could afford to take my own kids to WDW/UOR, was based on waiting in horribly long crammed unthemed switchback lines at Six Flags Great America near Chicago. Yuck.

4 Likes

My parents never waited. They made a bee line for Thunder Ranch BBQ, parked themselves on a picnic bench and made my brother and I check in every few hours (might have been every hour, I was young and don’t remember much). I do remember my brother ditching me the second we were out of their sight.

All of my waiting in line from about 6 years to 18 was done solo. I was that awkward kid who stared at everyone in line, eavesdropping. When I think of my youth time spent at Disney for my B-days, I remember that BBQ area and standing on the roof in the sun for Space Mountain.

7 Likes

Aha! That’s what this is. @OBNurseNH you can’t keep all your secrets forever. Everything will eventually get out. :smiling_imp:

7 Likes

do it in San Antonio or Dallas in August when it’s 105 outside…because that’s my childhood!

Edit: I remember year riding a whopping 4 roller coasters at Six Flags Over Texas…2 hours waits per ride.

2 Likes

You keep telling yourself that, buddy. :wink:

1 Like

When I was a kid, if I was doing something fun, the heat didn’t bother me. As an adult, totally different, I melt. Of course now I’m not a fan of the outdoors, regardless of the temp, unless I am actively doing something fun. I grew up in Arlington and spent a great many summer days at Six Flags over Texas and wasn’t bothered. One summer I was at girl scout camp at the hottest location on the hottest day of a heat wave summer. I just remember we drank more water.

1 Like

I may spend up to $75 legally for this experience, like if it was a dessert party or something. However I definitely wouldn’t next trip. We are spending enough to stay in the deluxe hotels. I am not planning any extras this time as of yet. Ask me again in January though.

However, the fact that people are paying to use a bot does infuriate me and I hope they put a stop to it!

3 Likes

I went to that camp too! Did the horseback riding one and what bothered me there were the daddy long legs all over the showers and the scorpion in my bed.

2 Likes

DD12 said these exact words last night. I am in trouble…growing a little @sanstitre_has_left_the_building over here! :wink:

6 Likes

DS15 was also speech delayed. He refused to learn signs, on the most part, but did know a few. He was a stinker, but I kept ahead of things so I usually knew what he wanted. He did start talking when he was around 3. Around that time dd was born. When she was at one of her checkups, I think it was 6 months, he was running around the doctor’s office, fell down and split his head wide open while we were waiting for the doctor. She generously saved us a trip to the ER and did the stitches in the office, well ended up just needing glue. Anyway he had to be restrained and he was not happy…although he had started talking by then, instead of yelling stop, he signed “all done, all done, all done” Poor kiddo. Not as cute of a memory as your ds signing Pooh Bear though.

3 Likes

Yikes. No thanks.
Being a redhead, I incinerate as soon as I step outdoors.

5 Likes