Paypal Cash Back on Disney Gift Cards

I don’t know when it will happen next with Meijer, but I will take advantage of it when it does because I save the GCs for paying our DVC dues.

1 Like

Wow, that’s nuts.

1 Like

Looking online I’m seeing people say the limit doesn’t stop you from ordering multiple times?

I’ve never bought more than one at a time at Sam’s, but I’ve definitely bought a bunch more than 3 over the years.

1 Like

I bought 2 earlier today and tried to buy 2 more tonight and got the message about 2 per membership. It’s definitely a recent change bc they used to have more denominations and no limit on how many transactions you could do.

I had something similar happen with Sam’s in 2020 buying COVID tests. I assumed they meant limit per purchase or per month maybe,.

When I still couldn’t buy more tests 3 months later I got on support chat, and that person told me it was lifetime limit! Yeah right, 3 COVID tests per lifetime, that makes sense.

I tried again a few months later and was able to buy more. Doesn’t help you with these GCs, but could be some period of time where the limit passes, anyway.

1 Like

My membership renews next month I think so we’ll see if that changes anything.

FWIW I don’t renew my current membership, I flip flop between a few different accounts so I can use whatever deal is out there to get the membership free each year.

Timing always seems to be that I find a join for $40 get a $40 credit.

1 Like

I still show points pending of 3 purchases through paypal for shopdisney. Nov. 10, 25, and 26. Two of these were physical gift card purchases (50th), and one was just merch. And the amount of pending points they show has been different at different times. I have been curious to see if anything ever materializes. I should at least get the black friday points for the merch purchase, but somehow I even have doubts about that one!

I’m guessing if your GC purchases aren’t showing 0 points yet that they are going to post properly - by my calc the 11/10 one should post on 1/9 or 1/10. Fingers crossed!

3 Likes

My cash back finally hit. I ordered digital gc from SD maybe a month or more ago. It would show the available points but wouldn’t let me do anything with them. Just checked and was able

1 Like

Hey All,

I decided to try again at the PayPal Gift Card game and wanted to update- I made purchases using a 8% PayPal deal for ShopDisney. I added 2 gift cards- One physical card for $200 in the 100 anniversary design. I did one e-gift card for $100 in the same design, just electronic form. (100 anniversary design). I placed those orders today (29 Jan) and right now 2400 points are sitting in my pending points account.

So far every time points have gone into pending, they’ve eventually converted to $ for me. But I’ll update here if they are deleted!

3 Likes

Here’s how my points worked out. I bought a $500 physical 50th anniversary card on November 16. That day, PP showed I had 6000 pending points. On November 17, I suddenly had 12,000 pending. November 19, it went back to 6,000, and then it went to 0 pending points on November 30th and stayed there. About a week ago it finally confirmed to:

Whomp whomp. :frowning: I’m not sure if it was the timing or if it was because I used an Amex gift card to make the purchase. It’s OK, as the Amex card came from an award from work versus my own money, but it sure would have been nice to make an extra $60 off it! :rofl:

5 Likes

Thanks for the update, think someone sat on the delete button at Paypal that November week.

5 Likes

They must have been feeling very Grinch-y.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update!
I was going to try some too with my current card-linked 10% back on 5 different cards.
Fingers crossed!

3 Likes

Would love to know if those work if you can report back. Have several card linked offers as well. Was going to head to Staples for some 5x points GC but 10% cash back is better!

2 Likes

Oh, the 10% card-links will definitely work - it is the Paypal points that are questionable. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Excellent! I have an embarrassing number of Chase cards between me and P2 with this offer. Thanks! That’s one more snack at F&G.

3 Likes

2 of 3 of my November purchases have now switched from pending to posted. None ever went to zero points pending, but as I believe I mentioned previously, the amount of pending changed a couple of times. What was particularly strange was that I got approx the same points on a $1250 gift card purchase as a $200 gift card purchase. (I was using the first to renew my AP). And the one I am waiting on was the one time I spent on actual merchandise.

Anyway, I got around $80 back on each of the above (so approx $168), and I have 259 points pending. Overall kind of perplexing, and I’m grateful at the end of the day I did get some money back. I won’t be calling paypal’s attention to the matter to explain it to me! :rofl:

5 Likes

Ha! Definitely a fight club situation. :smiley:

giphy (1)

2 Likes