Paypal Cash Back on Disney Gift Cards

Same thing.

I did contact PayPal the other week and got this:

Not sure if it’s worth contacting Disney…

2 Likes

That seems like a very weird response—I bet Disney’s answer to that would be to contact PayPal as they don’t have control over it!

Sorry to hear you had the same result though—but if others are able to get their points credited, I’m willing to try again in the future! I do have another “free” Amex card I can try.

3 Likes

Yes I’ve also considered if I’d get the run around…:smile:

2 Likes

I agree, that is a completely bogus response. These are Paypal points, Disney or any other company has no knowledge of Paypal’s stuff.

Also: I would not contact them about gift card purchase points not posting since they technically are not supposed to and we don’t want to draw attention to it for future possibilities.

5 Likes

When I heard about the promotion (thank you all!), I bought several different Disney Gift Cards with different themes over the few days around Black Friday when the Pay Pal deal was at 15%. The maximum amount for any one card was $200, and I purchased a total of $1700 for our trip a few weeks ago. With a couple of additional Disney Store purchases, I was up to 29000 points (25500 from gift cards). A few days ago these all posted, netting me about $300. Don’t know why (and don’t want to ask) these worked and others did not. Could the amount of each card make a difference?

2 Likes

It might be a coincidence for me, but looking back. Paypal always worked when I bought the Gift Cards in my name, but didn’t work when I bought the Gift Cards using my wifes name. I did this whenever I tried to get bonus points from her Chase CC.

:thinking:

Interesting, maybe yours skated through the system with just enough random non-gift card purchases to fake out Paypal?

Did you have any merch on the purchases with the gift cards or only bought the GCs on those transactions? I’m wondering if I should have bought something physical too.

I purchased two gift cards last night and received zero pending for both :frowning:

1 Like

That might just be the case! I will just consider myself lucky.

1 Like

I did have merch on two of the purchases, but I used 6 different purchases to buy all the cards to try to keep everything more under the radar. That might have been just enough that it wasn’t flagged by PayPal.

1 Like

Contacted PayPal for the 2nd time. This time, I was connected with the Rewards and Promotions Team. I attached a screenshot of my prior pending points. I got this response:

Maybe some progress, I dunno?

3 Likes

I tried to mix merch with gift cards and during the Black Friday they separated my GC purchase from the others. I did get the 15% on the merch, but 0 on the GCs.

I did get points on the GC purchases before Black Friday, and so far my recent purchase is still sitting in Pending.

1 Like

Which ones did you buy? I am hoping the new 10p year ones will skate under the radar like the 50th ones did.

The 50th anniversary cards

1 Like

Mine are still in pending points- hasn’t gone to zero yet (bought the e-card 100, and the physical card 100).

Mine is not showing at all - as if I did not make a purchase. So I bought two pins and that is showing either, so I have hope?

Yeah you have hope. The pins should definitely show up. Sometimes it takes a couple days for pending points to show up, in my limited experience!

For my purchases during the Black Friday Squash or Gift Card Points, my mixed merch/GC purchases were separated out so that I had a 0 showing for the GC purchase, and the corresponding 15% for the merch portion. But I only have seen that on the Black Friday situation…

2 Likes

I just noticed about 2 days ago that Paypal isn’t showing ANY cash back at shopDisney now.

1 Like