Paypal Cash Back on Disney Gift Cards

Yep, purchases around Black Friday all seemed to have this happen, I have one out there too.

I just asked in another forum yesterday if anyone had given Paypal - ShopDisney a try again since then, but no one has fessed up to it yet.

I was thinking of giving it a try again one of these days out of curiosity - worst case scenario is I get what I paid for, no discount. If I pay with a Visa gift card I bought with my Chase Ink Cash, at least I’d be getting 5x points on it.

1 Like

So I just bought a $125 card bc I get 5% back through my Visa either way. I’ll keep you posted. It sucks so much bc that was the one I really invested in and got 0 so far.

2 Likes

0 points pending here, 45 days after the fact. Oh well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anything I bought after Oct. 5 gave 0 points.

2 Likes

Which card did you order? My 11/4 gave me points, but my 11/16 order did not.

Dang, I wished I’d ordered just a couple days prior then! I also purchased one on 11/16. It originally was showing pending 6000 points (and 12000 points for a day). However, since 11/30, shopDisney stills shows up in my pending list, but for 0 points. Sounds like if I’d ordered on 11/14, I might still be expecting some points!

1 Like

I’m curious to see what happens with today’s purchase. If I get 0 I’ll just go back to Sam’s or BJs.

2 Likes

The last time I bought was on 11/8. I should have had around $150 cashback but it turned to pending 0. I’m bummed.

1 Like

I’ll probably start hitting the Chase Ink Cash + Sam’s Club method I outlined above - The Sam’s discount is decent and the Chase Ultimate Rewards points have the opportunity to be worth a lot more with good hotel or airfare redemptions and no worrying about any cash back portal weirdness.

But, speaking of portal weirdness: anyone using Shopkick, they are giving 40 points per dollar at Sam’s Club right now AND it specifically says GCs are included. (I’m new to Shopkick, but I believe you can only cash in Shopkick points for gift cards, but still, wow.)

1 Like

I went ahead and bought 2 $50 cards through PayPal yesterday. Both had CC bonuses (the Bof A one was 15%). Got an email this morning saying I had zero points pending for both. I bought the 50th e gift card.

I still have a Wells Fargo left. I will try a different type of card, just to see, but it doesn’t look good. Takuten was at 1% so I didn’t try.

2 Likes

Ugh, sad trombone.

1 Like

I am waiting for th 100 year celebration cards to come out and :crossed_fingers:they program those in wrong!

2 Likes

We’ve used Shopkick for quite a few years now. I primarily just get the walk-in points, but my husband will do the scans or purchases. You do redeem for gift cards, but they have Disney ones. :slight_smile: I have two eGCs waiting to be used.

2 Likes

Honestly not sure, some of the e-gift cards. I ordered a couple that day, and 1 worked, while the other didn’t. I ordered another one a few weeks later and that didn’t work either, that one was the Mickey red e-gift card.

1 Like

0 points. Womp womp.

Also I apparently can’t get the money sitting in my account bc they can’t send a check right now and my bank account is tied to too many PayPal accounts?!? I have had the same bank account and paypal account for eternity. I don’t know what’s up there. I’m kinda wishing I’d never messed with this to begin with.

The generic red Mickey GC has probably been the least successful card for awhile. Seems like the newer released designs sneak in coded incorrectly as the 50th Anniversary card seemed to be until November.

I bought several GCs spread out during the year, but in retrospect I should have used my brother-in-law’s advice for going to a food buffet:

“You get there early. You hit it hard. You get out.” :smiley:

4 Likes

Twhs

1 Like

So Sam’s has the $500 card and 3 pack of $50 cards only. Limit 2 per MEMBERSHIP. Not order. Freaking membership. What a crock.

The best deal I’ve gotten in the past was when Meijer had 10% off gift cards, and grocery stores were the extra 5% category on my Chase Visa that quarter. It worked out to 14.8% total off or something like that. Next best was a Black Friday deal at BJs a few years back stacked with a Chase discount for 11-12% off. Meijer has been more regular with the 10% deals than whatever I got at BJs.

1 Like

Unfortunately we don’t have Meijer stores here.