Paypal Cash Back on Disney Gift Cards

I received my pre-paid Amex card recently, and just tested my theory this morning. I saved it in my PayPal wallet, went through the Deals link on PayPal to shopDisney, and ordered the physical Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary Disney Gift Card. (For anyone doing this, make sure you don’t select the eGift card! They images look exactly alike, and I had to catch myself!) Now when I look at the Activity link in PayPal, Disney Shopping, Inc. is showing up under Pending as “Authorization.” So far, so good, right? :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Sounds good so far!

Wait—Activity is showing the pending transaction. PayPal Rewards is showing 0 points—that’s really where I should be looking, right? How long does it usually take to show up there?

Yes, once the auth goes through, your points will sit in pending for the 60 days, then when you reach they get deposited into your rewards.

Here’s my current screen - I already transferred a bunch of $ out, but I have one purchase sitting in rewards and still waiting on the two pending ones at bottom.

2 Likes

Thanks for this great deal!

Just ordered a $500 physical 50th gift card using the Paypal link to shopDisney which offered 12%. I prefer the physical card bc planning to use it for parking at WDW.

Do you have to pay via Paypal to get the 12%? I did anyway bc Paypal is one of the 5% categories on Chase Freedom this quarter :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That PayPal 5% stack makes it a pretty sweet deal!
But, you can pay directly on the shopDisney site with whatever card you like.

When I was buying some pins etc and not GCs, I clicked through PayPal but I used my Disney Visa to pay so I could also apply the DRVCMEMBER code for free shipping. Worked fine.

4 Likes

I am anxiously awaiting my points to convert so I can get this $ back. It is against my better judgement to pay more now for cash back later vs buying discounted cards.

1 Like

Thanks for this! Finally tried it out last night. I ordered five $100 gift cards to see if I can get the 12% on all the various ones. I ordered The Child, Boba Fett, Kylo Ren, Chewbacca, & R2-D2 & C-P3O.

This morning I got the email:

This will turn into $60 in 2 months :grinning:

I also did not use my PayPal balance, I used a rewards credit card linked to my account.

4 Likes

Neato! I got the email too.

1 Like

Now it’s looking more official!!

4 Likes

I usually buy e-gift cards. They work too!

I am over hear waiting impatiently too. It should be soon. And when there is a paypal stack, this really is the best deal!

My Rakuten cash back check just shipped so that is one down!

5 Likes

Beauty!

2 Likes

I love these hacks. I used to listen the the Backside of Magic and just have my mind blown. I’m still waiting on my cash back but it’s sitting pretty in my pending points! Rakuten points are pending also, but I have to wait 3 months for my next Big Fat Check so it’s gonna be a while.

1 Like

We all have to do our part keep the memory of the Backside alive. :slight_smile:

@JJT My 6,000 pending points from my $500 gift card purchase just turned into 12,000 points.

Have I double dipped??

1 Like

Wow. Now that’s being a Liner.

2 Likes

I feel like this isn’t right, but it must be. Here is the breakdown:

12% PayPal shopDisney promotion
12% Bonus -purchased with linked Fidelity Visa credit card through PayPal
2% Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature credit card earnings
26% Cash Back ($130 cash back on $500 purchase)

Think I should shopDisney some more
:smirk:

4 Likes

Mine doubled as well yesterday! Of course, they are still pending, so I’ll believe it when I get $120 in my account. But I paid with a pre-paid Amex card, so I don’t think I fit the double-dipping requirements. I was wondering how it happened as well.

1 Like

Wha? I had no idea that was a thing on Paypal! Cool!
Is there a list somewhere what is eligible?

I looked through the PayPal terms and my CC account terms and could find no information on this double dipping.

I expect to hear this happening from others since it even worked on a pre-paid card.

1 Like