Paypal Cash Back on Disney Gift Cards

Ok I’d prefer the ecards so that makes me feel better. Thanks!

I got the points to go to pending on the physical 50th anniversary card. Not on another one I bought…might have been and e-card.

1 Like

If it says pending does that guarantee you get paid out? Or could it be pending and get denied?

The other one never went pending, so I’m better off with this one than the other.

1 Like

I haven’t seen any reports of PP pending points getting denied in any TP threads or the FB groups I’m in.

BTW, don’t forget to check any Visa cards you have on your Chase portal - several of mine have had 10% or 20% cash back offers at shopDisney, but you have to add them to the card before use. They usually max out at $5 or $10 max, but every $ counts!

Also, be sure not to confuse Disney+ offer with the shopDisney one - they confuse my eye every time I see one.

And last thing: I can verify that when I used my Disney Visa I got the 2% cash back on my Premier Visa on top of the PP cash back. Also worked on my other rewards Visa cards too.

2 Likes

I have almost exclusively done the 50th e-cards on Rakuten and Paypal and they worked. I have an excel sheet with the original numbers so I can keep track and note what card I transferred the money to. Other physical cards (Chewy, vintage map) did not work on Rakuten - I have not tried on PayPal

I would divide the purchases up in case something doesn’t work. But too many GC purchases in one day can trigger a temporary freeze by Disney.

On Rakuten the money goes into the account quickly, but then they process the payment everu 3 months. For all the cash back accounts I think the delays help protect against returns.

2 Likes

I don’t know if it was you or someone else who flagged some flash Chase offers of 20% off at Best Buy and Home Depot for up to $100 spending and $50 spending respectively. I was able to order $100 in Disney GC from BB online and chase gave me $20 back and $50 in person from home depot and got the $10 back.

This is a great option and different from buying GC with GC. I would not have thought of it if someone had not pointed it out.

3 Likes

Wasn’t me, but I did see someone mention those in a points FB group - and then I always immediately forget about those alternate stores for GCs! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I just start to conflate it with not being able to use those store’s gift cards to buy gift cards. But I was so happy to get 20% off $150!

2 Likes

From my experiment, I charged $150 in gift cards and about $100 in merchandise in the same transaction. ShopDisney separated the charges (prob due to shipping dates, I don’t know) but PayPal still has pending points for the sum total of the purchases, pre-tax. I ordered physical gift cards, in the sorcerer Mickey (100) and the retro map (50) design. I received the physical gift cards in the mail within a week of the order.

1 Like

I am due to renew my AP. I am thinking of getting gift cards approximately the value of the renewal. According to the Disney website, I can buy the renewal using gift cards.

See any potential problems with this plan?

I haven’t renewed an AP personally, but I don’t see any hitches in that plan at all! :slight_smile:

1 Like

For the record on this thread: My shopDisney purchases continue to drop into my Paypal cash.

Last week I transferred the balance I had waiting in Paypal to my bank savings account - I don’t like leaving them sitting on the cash back portals long.
My Sep 8th purchase just moved from pending to my balance today.
I’m now waiting out other Sept 19th and an Oct 4th purchases in pending.
Once those come in, I’ll transfer out again, then lather, rinse, repeat.

Other Info
Over in a thread The Facebook there was one person who reported their purchase never showing in pending - really not sure what the deal is when that happens. Operator error? Browser or site glitches?

Still, have to say the number of reports I’ve seen of Paypal - shopDisney GC purchases not showing up has to be just a couple vs the dozens or more that have worked.

I’d just say, when going through Paypal, Rakuten, or iBotta to shopDisney - try to make the shopping jaunt as simple as possible. Click on the cash back portal link to get to shopDisney then buy the stuff you are buying in one shopping visit.

Don’t try to stack multiple portals - While there may be the very random odd times it might work, you really can’t do something like click through Rakuten, then click through Paypal and make a single purchase at shopDisney and expect either cash back portal to track properly. It will very much most likely break the tracking cookies.

And don’t forget to check your Visa cards for any card-linked shopDisney % cash back. Those will stack on top of the cash back portals because they are given as statement credits by Visa and are completely separate from the portals.

3 Likes

On September 7, I had purchase 3 egift cards and they all went from pending to Paypal rewards points today.

1)$50 baby yoda egift card using chase credit card through the PayPal portal. This posted just fine.
2) $500 Tada Mickey Mouse egift card and $500 WDW 50th egift card using Paypal portal. This posted just fine.

#1 gave $5 cash back from Chase, $0.50 from Chase 1% rewards, and $4.50 from Paypal rewards, so a total of $10 back from $50 gift card.

#2 gave $10 from Chase 1% rewards, and $90 from Paypal rewards, so a total of $100 back from $1,000 gift card.

Definately am getting more back on this next round of purchases as I’ll get 5% back from Chase rewards and 9% from Paypal. Should have also waited until Paypal was 12%, but didn’t realize they varied it at the time.

3 Likes

OK Rakuten is at 11% today. I’m going to go try some gift cards through there and see what happens. Worst thing that happens is I get a gift card.

1 Like

Gonna try this too… Rakuten

I just had success with today’s 11%. 12% total with my 1% on my card. The 50th e card worked, have the cash back.

2 Likes

Excellent. I see that it’s in my account as well.

Paypal split my mixed bag (gift cards, merchandise) into two charges, but then the points went to pending for both so I’m not worried about it.

Rakuten just gave a cash back on the total charge, so that’s good. This will help pad my Big Fat Check…

2 Likes

I did a Macy’s shopping trip one day when it was 20% cash back. It somehow accidentally doubled that (the syatem seemd to think Inspent exactly twice as much as I did). That was VERY nice padding in my check!

2 Likes

That kind of thing happens to my husband all the time lol. :slight_smile:

2 Likes