Paypal Cash Back on Disney Gift Cards

Update. My points are now back down to 6,000 :pensive:

I will update with any other changes

Booo- mine are too! And some other points I was expecting from a different purchase I made this week still arenā€™t even pending.

1 Like

Blarg

1 Like

Paypal must be reading this thread :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

I think it is a mistake. Double dipping refers to getting cash back points for using PayPal, and then also whatever points you get for using your rewards credit card. It shouldnā€™t be Paypal doubling their points.

Hi! Did this end up working for you with those amounts?

Oh too bad. I should go take my ā€œheartā€ off your earlier post lol. That stinks.

1 Like

I just placed an order for an assortment of $50 gift cards (these are what I give to any kids I bring to WDW- usually my kids but sometimes thereā€™s a hanger on/cousin/whatever). I also got a $200 card in the old reliable 50th celebration physical card. I used the PayPal link, and just my standard rewards CC (I believe itā€™s 1.75%)

I ordered $50 each in the physical gift card designs of Up, Monsters, Cars, the Child, Sorcerer Mickey, and Pirates.

So far the gift cards Iā€™ve ordered through PayPal have been in pending points at the 12% rate and Iā€™ve had success with:

$100 Sorcerer Mickey
$50 Retro Map

With Rakuten, I had success with a $150 e-gift card 50th design. (10% cash back for that one, but sometimes Rakuten does a 15% off so thatā€™s a good thing to remember! I can stack Rakuten with my Disney Visa discounts so thatā€™s usually my go-to if Iā€™m buying other random merchandise.)

Iā€™m going to assume the styles I just ordered wonā€™t have a problem, and I will just be sad if they donā€™t.

In other news, it looks like the SamsClub 10% off a $500 gift card isnā€™t offered this year? Iā€™m only seeing a $200 GC with 15$ off, so if anyone has been saving to buy the $500, I would jump over to PayPal deals and do it that way, I guess.

1 Like

I keep seeing people bringing up this yearā€™s Samā€™s $200 for $175 GC offer in groups, but lately thatā€™s a pretty meh offer! :smiley:

2 Likes

Caveat: i usually use lines, so Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™ve used proper forum etiquette by replying to the most recent post?

Anyone familiar with rakutens Black Friday deals? ShopDisney is 10% cash back at the moment. Wondering if I should hold out for a higher percentage on Friday.

(Canā€™t/wont use PayPal after they refused to close an unauthorized acct opened with my email address, without me first disclosing my social security number to themā€¦ Seriously. And no, it was not a third party scammer, it was straight up PayPal when I contacted customer service directly)

1 Like

Reply any old way, itā€™s all good. :slight_smile:

I havenā€™t heard any specific Rakuten deals myself but 10% is pretty strong, especially if you pair it with a rewards credit card.

Also check any Visa cards you have, they just refreshed their card linked deals: I have shopDisney 10% back on a couple and 15% on another. (Funnily enough my Disney didnā€™t have one!)

Those card linked deals will stack on top of a portal cash back because the show up as statement credits. But they also usually have smallish maximums, so you canā€™t go crazy with them.

I agree when PayPal asks for SSN it is annoying and can be concerning. But FWIW it is because of US income reporting laws which changed a few years ago with a threshold of only $600 cash back when it used to be $20K!

They are a gigantic company and their security should be as good as a bank site. (I havenā€™t had to offer my SSN yet, but think Iā€™d do it if I had to.)

Ah, I didnā€™t think to check cc rewards, thank you! Of course Freedom CB category is for PayPal :roll_eyes:, but will check my other cards. Appreciate your take on PP safety controls. If I were closing my own acct, id be more apt to provide SSN, but I have never done business with them so i was frustrated that I would have to violate my ā€œprivacyā€ to fix their problem of approving someone elseā€™s acct using my email address (somehow the acct holder got around 2 factor. no evidence to show they actually had access to my email acct).

Today it is 15%!!!

I donā€™t even need any Disney cash right now but that is hard to pass up!

:tada::tada::tada::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face:

5 Likes

My partner took one for the team and registered for PayPal. Itā€™s showing 24% CB for shopDisney. When you pass through the portal it confirms 24% but then on the top header it still says 15%. Anyone have luck today with 24%?

Itā€™s showing 15% for me. Still better than the 12% I bought at :slight_smile:

Mine shows 24% cash back in PayPal, but when I click through, it only shows 12% in the header. This is from the PayPal app. I havenā€™t checked the website yet.

Also showing 15% currently for me on the PayPal website:

1 Like

I had this question too - I saw it was 24% on a different site but mine only said 12%

Now it is up to 15%. I think I prefer Paypal to Rakuten, since it actually takes less time!

2 Likes

Saw several people in other groups say the 24% came through as 12% too. Seems to be a bug.

1 Like