Paypal Cash Back on Disney Gift Cards

I got one with Mickey and Friends 100th anniversary, and then one Fireworks Fantasy.

1 Like

excellent! I never caught that it repeated on the date. Hereā€™s hopingā€¦

Follow upā€¦as of this morning (not true yesterday), my ā€œrewardā€ is showing up as $65 instead of $115 in both the app and on the website. :confused:

Do you know if you have to use your Best Buy card for this?

BOOO! What is that about?

I have no idea. To them, it was showing as two different orders, which I donā€™t getā€¦it was a single purchase with two cards in it. They must do some behind the scenes magic. But at this point, I donā€™t know if it is a temporary glitch, or legitimately they cancelled one of the cards. And if they cancelled one, will they cancel the other? And if they do, Iā€™ll be really annoyed since the ONLY reason I bothered doing this was for the discount/reward. I have all year long to wait for other discounted offers from other places.

2 Likes

Lost trackā€¦ Rakuten or Paypal? Iā€™ve never used the Paypal discount/ rewards and am intrigued.

Rakuten.

no - just check the website the morning of the 22nd and see if they have any discounted cards for sale!

1 Like

Paypal was great last summer all the way up to Black Friday in November.
The cash back that week were mostly pulled back for many, then the % off at Paypal for shopDisney completely went away.

Just this week was the first time I saw PP had 6% off at shopDisney again, but I havenā€™t seen any reports on people trying gift cards since November.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll share an update.

I purchased $500 in Disney Gift Cards on shopDisney through PayPal on 11/16/22 when the cash back reward was 12%.

My account immediately showed 6,000 pending points. A number of days later, it showed 12,000 points. Then it went to 0 pending points in a matter of a couple weeks (and still displays that now). I contacted PayPal various times with not much help or answers.

Today I was told:
"The order is still pending, and that could be a reason why the reward is still pending.

As a 1 time courtesy, I have gone ahead and issued you a total of 600 Gold rewards. We appreciate your patience on this.

The 600 points are on my account already. I may still contact them again in a month if I donā€™t hear anything.

2 Likes

How is the gift card order possibly still pending 4 months later?

I donā€™t know what to believe anymore. Iā€™ve been told so many different thingsā€¦

1 Like

Update on 2400 pending points I had for PayPal of 2 GC purchases from mid-Feb at 8% Cashback. (I bought a physical 100 yr celebration card AND a 100 year e-card and both worked.). PayPal Points converted to cash today! $24 back. I stacked that with a Citibank PayPal Cashback offer and ended up getting $300 total of gift cards for a net of $261, so not bad for a small bit of effort.

For me, all the Cashback has been working lately. It only did not work during that Black Friday ā€œsaleā€. PayPal is still sitting at a 6% for ShopDisney at the moment.

6 Likes

Thanks for the update. Glad to kmow it seems to work again. I will be watching the cash back percentage and give a go again.

3 Likes

Have not seen any significant cash back percentages on paypal recently. I was able to get $200 gift card from Sams for $185 today. Max 2, email delivery, if anyone was interested. Not bad at 7.5% off.

2 Likes

Ooh, Discover is at 5% for wholesale stores, so that would be a very nice stack.

3 Likes

I was just coming here to say that-- I linked thru Rakuten and they actually gave me 1% off on the SamsClub order (pending, of course- but it shows cash back so Iā€™m hopeful for that $3.70 :slight_smile: ), I got 2 GC and used my discover to pay, so it washed out to around $350 for $400 worth of GC.

1 Like

Is there a way to load the e-gift cards onto MDE to use in the park?

Unfortunately, canā€™t add GCs to MDE.
Workaround is to charge all to room, head down to resort desk later and ask them to use GCs to pay off your charges.

Note, They will charge your credit card at some threshold so you wonā€™t want to wait until end of trip.

(The $ threshold for them to charge you credit card on file is different for Value, Mod, Deluxe and I canā€™t recall what they are.)

1 Like