Out Of My Element - Please Help

That article is right on time.

3 Likes

If you want to see the Kidani 1BR, here’s a video for you. I timestamped it for where they show the pull-out chair, which as I said before is rather short, but hopefully ok for you.

3 Likes

Those bed options in the 1 bedroom at Kidani look terrible, especially for adults! If I stay there with my kids, it will have to be a 2 bedroom just for the beds. Yes, we are all spoiled. :rofl:

5 Likes

Since my family is a party of 6, I’m stuck with the 2BR regardless. The bed situation is just one happy side effect of that. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Now that you mention it we had a pretty small child on the chair. Didn’t get any complaints from the bigger one on pull-out couch. She was probably just happy not to be sharing.

3 Likes

It will be rough, but I’ll be at Disney. I’d sleep in the shower. :laughing: Thanks for the video.

3 Likes

She chose Kidani and it’s booked. It’s unbelievable because this woman plans nothing … ever.
I advised her to get it done by week’s end and she did it late last night. She took my advice on getting MM (lots of pics of the baby.)
It’s a six night trip, but she only got four day park tickets and no park hoppers. I need to pick her brain on that one. If she booked a package, wouldn’t she be forced to get a minimum five day ticket?
@LTinNC82 - she had to work around my niece’s schedule and picked the week of 11/13. But I might see you in October? :pray:t5:

I will be back to ask all the questions about traveling with a 2yo. Traveling with a group, etc. Feel free to chime in whenever with whatever advice. :blush:
The next important question - Where’s the website to go for the cutie patootie Princess dresses and outfits? For the baby!!! :laughing:

5 Likes

The answer to this is no :slight_smile: you just have to use your tickets within the required timeframe. https://plandisney.disney.go.com/question/theme-park-ticket-every-day-stay-resort-hotel-using-500679/

In this case, you have 7 days to use them. We had a 7 night stay (non package) and had 4 park days.

2 Likes

And to add - it’s probably a wise choice. If the weather is good, the little one will love the pool/splash pad.

2 Likes

That will be a great trip!

1 Like

Been to WDW with two year olds. More than once.

First time was a 2 yo and a 3 yo. But with something like 7 adults and a helpful teen. That trip was mostly uneventful as we had fairly typical, compliant kids, with better than average language skills. We expected nap times happening at lunch times. We hoped for and got nap time in strollers. Learned to swerve into a shop when noticing a nap in progress. :smile: Also paid attention to snack times. Popcorn, ice cream, raisins. full tummy = happy kid. We were astonished when the 3 yo went 5 days w/o a nap. When he crashed finally, he slept all afternoon. One adult was happy to chill with him while others did other afternoon stuff already planned - mostly non-park stuff.

Second 2 yo was with 4 adults and one teen. This was a neuro divergent kid with little language acquired. Opinionated, curious, not prone to napping. We had forgotten the swerve into store when napping axiom. The noisy Cars thing (parade?) at HS woke the just finally asleep in stroller kid. :confounded:

The best thing I learned about this kid’s trip is that most folks are more compassionate about an unhappy tyke than you’d expect. About afternoon #2 we’d boarded a Friendship to go to Morocco for a Marrakesh supper ADR. Since arriving at WDW the 2yo had not been happy about riding in the stroller but we insisted at Epcot. All across the Lagoon the 2 yo exclaimed, “want out!! want out!!” Mom and the teen were mortified. I was sitting a few rows away and heard mostly aw, poor little thing amongst my seat mates. No negative comments. Before we got to the food ordering part of our supper, the 2 yo was fast asleep. Good long nap. And after that we heard no more objections to riding in the stroller. :thinking: A lot of the fussing in the Friendship was due to fighting sleep. This can’t really be avoided and doesn’t annoy the folks nearby as much as it does the immediate family. This is not what I’d call a meltdown. This 2 yo also has a LOUD normal volume. Mom particularly was constantly admonishing to use indoor voice. I was in the bathroom when a mom beside me was “shhh” “shhhhh” “shhhhhhh” while her toddler was enjoying the echoing of its loud babbling. I cracked up when I heard mom speaking in French as they left the stall. Embarrassingly loud toddlers are universal.

One last experience. While riding back to our resort one early afternoon the few passengers on the bus included an extended family group with a little girl of about 20 months. She absolutely would not comply with sitting during the trip. Vocally insisted on standing. Another passenger and I were chatting with the family about the odd behavior of the otherwise well behaved kid. We all eventually tumbled to the solution about the same time: the poor kid didn’t want to poop in public which would happen if she sat down. She also kept trying to get behind the seats - which helped us figure it out. There’s really nothing like a bunch of strangers sharing toddler pooping stories on Disney transport. :smile:

3 Likes

Don’t for one second think we don’t know you’ll find some cute auntie and me stuff to wear in the parks! I think AKL is the right choice. It’s going to be great!

I am not going to make October now. Changed to labor day weekend. Too many to try and catch up with a plan around and that just worked best. We’ll meet up again some day!

4 Likes

The list seems to be growing. :rofl: What resort did you pick?

5 Likes

You’ll be there too?? :rofl: I’m staying at BC my first night solo then @Flavita and I are booked at Pop.

4 Likes

Maybe? I am thinking about it. You know I am easily enabled. @Flavita too? Oh geez I really do need to make this happen. What dates are you there?

4 Likes

31-5

3 Likes

The enablers here are on fire! I somehow have 4 trips to Disney booked - Sept 2023, Dec2023 , runDisney 2024, Fall 2024. DH is absolutely losing it.

8 Likes

You MUST! :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Mine is so used to it he just shakes his head and no longer questions the madness.

6 Likes

With happiness, right? :rofl:

3 Likes