Out Of My Element - Please Help

I appreciate the questions and feedback everyone is giving. It will be four adults and a two year old. I’m thinking of the Studio we had at Riviera. We could have done two adults in the Queen, two on the foldout and 2yo on the trundle. However, someone made a good point - a 2yo alone in a strange bed is a risk. (There’s enough room for a pack and play.) Something else that comes to mind is bathroom space. Four women. :thinking: That might get tricky with one bath. My niece is the hair/makeup queen and I believe the 2yo’s mom may be as well.

6 Likes

Get two rooms :slight_smile: I’d be looking at Pop for SL access or an AoA suite with 2 bathrooms. Poly is nice but likely only available for DVC rentals.

6 Likes

I agree, for 4 adults and a 2 yo I’d get two value rooms or whatever two rooms are within their budget. Personally I would not put a 2 year old or an adult on one of the CBR or POR type pull-down beds, but would on one of the deluxe 5th person beds as they are bigger and more sturdy, assuming the 2 yo wouldn’t fall off. I usually use chairs or something to create a barrier to prevent that even with my 6 yo! With two rooms, the 2 yo and mom could share one bed and the other 3 adults have their own beds, plus two bathrooms.

6 Likes

That’s why Poly was my deluxe resort suggestion. 1 toilet, but 2 showers and 2 sinks to speed up getting ready. Also they are the largest studios on property with plenty of room for a pack n play.

AoA family suite may be a good option too, but I think the pullout couch gets horrid reviews.

3 Likes

For good reason.

1 Like

Never mind, I was confusing the AOA and All Star Music suites.
All Star Music family suites are newly redone with a separate room with a queen and two pull-down double or queen beds in main room, and 2 bathrooms. But might be more expensive than just getting two regular rooms.

3 Likes

The only bed at AoA that is comfortable is the queen in the master bedroom. The others are manageable but not good.

Two rooms at Pop is often a good deal and not much more than the suites at the All Star Music. The prices are increased in many rooms when your adult count is higher than 2. Not sure about the suites but the other rooms that sleep more people which contributes to two rooms at Pop being a better deal.

5 Likes

I was going to say – it’s important to note that the AofA suites have one queen bed and two double beds (one pull-out couch and one Murphy table), whereas the All-Star Music suites have three queens - one bed and two Murphys (table and couch).

I’d go for the ASM suite, even with the bus situation, over AofA with a party of adults, due to the comfort of the beds. I also like the refurbishment better in general, and it’s cheaper.

5 Likes

Also, the pulldown bed is not up to the standards of the Pop pull down beds. I would go with two connecting Pop rooms over the AoA suite.

4 Likes

Maybe look onto renting DVC points for a 1 bedroom at Bay Lake. The room is spacious, has two full bathrooms and monorail/walk to MK and Epcot. In addition, this is one of the lower point (read cheaper) deluxe resorts to stay at. I really loved our stay there!

1 Like

++ @Jeff_AZ

We did a trip during the first week of December 2022 and stayed at an ASM family suite. I agree 100% with the 3 queens being a better choice and the 2 bathrooms and extra space were well worth the extra cost. Bus transportation during that week was simply not a issue.

3 Likes

With 4 adults, I’d want some more space and even a place to get away from everyone, or at least get away where there are not as many people. I’d do two rooms at Pop so each adult had their own bed and you’d have two bathrooms.

1 Like

Is the 2 yr old needing a bed or can they sleep in a pack and play or similar? I know at 2 it very much depends on the child.

We loved AofA family suite, Cars. I stayed there with 2 adults and 3 kids. It was very nice having sort of separated rooms (I think the parents’ room was separate). I think we had 2 baths but can’t remember well.

We also twice did the adjoining room thing, once at Sports and once at Pop. I don’t know what their policy is on adjoining now. At the time if you had more than 2 adults they wouldn’t guarantee it.

I’ve only stayed on property once - but I have a big family and travel a lot.

I’d do two rooms. Pick the budget you like best, of course, but two value rooms will offer more sleeping surfaces and more bathrooms and a little bit of a reprieve from All The People now and then.

2 Likes

I’m firmly in the 2 room camp as well, any way you can swing it. Aside from personal preference - I need space even from my immediate family, let alone extended family - I think the 2yo kindof makes it a necessity.

Disney can be overwhelming for older kids who can self-regulate, let alone a toddler. We found that our littles really needed quiet decompression time when they were that age. I’m not sure a single room with 4 adults in it (even close relatives) would cut it - it wouldn’t have for mine.

1 Like

Based on availability, I am suggesting AoA family suite, two rooms at Pop and AKL-Kidani Village one bedroom. No availability for All Star Movie family suite, or Deluxe at Poly. What are your thoughts on the Kidani one bedroom? I am suggesting it due to the lower price point of the Deluxe resorts, full kitchen, washer/dryer and two bathrooms.

ETA:

I am going to suggest OKW 1 bedroom also, which is $200 cheaper than Kidani. My thought with the one bedrooms is my sister and niece could share the bedroom and there is a separate space during the day for the two year old to sleep. Mom and baby can take the pull out couch, and I can take the pullout chair twin bed. I will be there three nights, tops - so I don’t mind roughing it.)

3 Likes

OKW rooms are huge and you do have the benefit of the boat to DS. Their quick service is abysmal with just a takeout window though.

2 Likes

I like the one bedroom at Kidani. I’ve actually only stayed in a 2BR but it is the same other than not having the studio. Having two bathrooms is great and it’s nice to have the extra pullout bed for another sleeping surface. Warning that it is relatively small. I think you’ll be ok though.

Seeing the animals from your balcony is amazing but if you get a standard view, it’s a lot cheaper and still a fun experience with plenty of viewing areas.

2 Likes

We’ve stayed in a 1 bedroom at Kidani, and it was one of our best stays. I love AKL so much, if the transportation was better it would be hands down my favourite. Then again, if the transportation was better it would probably lose a lot of the vibe that makes it awesome. Just mentioning because you said at the start transportation was a consideration. It would still get my family’s vote, but my kids are big enough now to Uber/Lyft without being stressed about the car seat.

3 Likes

New post up at Disney Tourist Blog:

3 Likes