Out Of My Element - Please Help

My sister wants to take her two year old granddaughter to the World along with the Mom and my niece.
She asked if I wanted to tag along for the trip happening in November. I will be there first week of October, so my lodging budget will be busted. I can room with them, so there was no way I am turning down the offer. Need your help/suggestions with where to sleep a party of five. I am typically solo, so not sure where to start. I was thinking a one bedroom, but she said she’s fine with a room that “sleeps” five. I don’t think she understands what sleeps five means and will end up wanting her own space within a few days of the trip. Looking for suggestions for both (one bedroom as well as sleeps five.) Things to keep in mind:
There’s a 2 year old involved. (Breaks/Naps)
Transportation (My sister and niece hate the buses)
Access (They will want a variety of food options, maybe club level, etc.)
These considerations scream Deluxe Resort to me, but I could be wrong.

4 Likes

Deluxe does check a lot of these boxes, but to comfortably sleep 5, especially if you want separate rooms, you’d have to do a 1BR, which will be more expensive.

Other options would be:

• Poly studios are really big and can sleep five and has two bathrooms. Great transportation options and close to MK.
  • AofA family suites – a cheaper option that could get you separate rooms, plus Skyliner access.
  • All-Star Music family suites: basically two hotel rooms for a little less than the cost of two. Downside is only bus transport.
9 Likes

My immediate thought is CBR. Skyliner to 2 parks, dining options are good at the hotel, plus RR is walking distance and all of Crescent Lake is a skyliner ride away.

2nd option for 1 room would be Polynesian studio. Sleeps 5 and has 2 shower rooms plus Monorail access to 2 parks and several resorts for dining options.

5 Likes

You people are my people!!!

4 Likes

Duh! I forgot about the family suites. Those are great options, AoA especially for the accessibility.

1 Like

Now pleaaaaaaase tell me this is the week after Thanksgiving. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

I can pretty much steer her on whatever date … :laughing:

5 Likes

Oh so there’s a pile of us there the first weekend of December arriving sometime the week prior which is November…

3 Likes

Are the Fort Wilderness Cabins not available
When do they start replacing them?

Just found the thread for this. It’s reported that all bookings thru 2023 will be honored.

Just to clarify, is your niece your sister’s daughter / mother of the 2 yo / an adult? As in, total room count is 4 adults and 1 2YO? For whatever reason I was reading the niece as another child at first.

Asking because most of the “sleeps 5” rooms have a pullout chair or pulldown small Murphy bed (Boulder Ridge, maybe OKW?) so trying to think through physical sleep arrangements and who shares a bed with whom. Not sure how OK the 2YO is going to be sleeping alone on something they can fall off of, so I assume she shares with her mom (the niece) (or at least my kids at that age are getting up to snuggle in the night in an unfamiliar place so if your niece was sharing with one of the other 3 adults, it’s 3 to a bed…). If 2YO and niece share, there are 3 other adults to split between a bed and the 5th sleeper but the chairs and Murphy bed singles I have seen in videos are probably too small for an adult. 1 bedrooms are the same if there is one bed and a pullout couch because total “real” bed count is still 2. Any rooms with 2 queens and a pullout couch (rather than chair)??

2 Likes

I will say that with your 2 y/o travel buddy you can sleep the 5 of you in a room that would normally just sleep 4 if she’ll be in a pack n play/crib type sleeping situation. We slept 6 in a Poly room when my youngest was 2. Two people in each bed, one child in the pull down bed and the toddler in a crib. It was tight but we don’t spend a lot of time in our room outside of rest/nap time so it was manageable.

I don’t know your budget but the studios in the Riviera are really spacious and have great storage under the beds. I think my 4 kids and I have stayed in studios at BWV and BVC. From what I remember the ones at BWV felt more spacious….

4 Likes

We did this as well when the youngest was 2. Two adults and four kids and we felt like there was plenty of room.

2 Likes

I guess the question I would pose for consideration is it works when all of the other bodies in the room are your children and spouse, but if you throw other family adults in that sleeping arrangement does it work the same? I know you accounting analytic types like to isolate variables :blush:

Maybe other people’s families are more flexible in smaller spaces, but for mine at least, somebody’s not getting much sleep if I throw my mom and grandma and aunt into the mix with my kids. I would prioritize space over being “deluxe”, or if deluxe for the sake of deluxe is a priority, increase the budget to get more space. Or at least get zzzquil and eye masks for everyone :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Absolutely, this is something each party will have to decide for themselves. A studio is fine for a family with small kids. It may not work for a family with teens or small kids who seem to take up a lot of space. :joy:

And definitely if the party is not related to each other, they should strongly consider whether having separate rooms (whether a suite or completely separate) is the way to go.

But if you’re going to do a single studio, Poly in my experience feels very spacious.

5 Likes

To answer someone’s question / comment about the sleeper chairs. Both my boys sleep on them OK at well over 6 ft. They’re like a single bed / twin.

3 Likes

Well - another option here would be CBR - these rooms do sleep five, but would not be as roomy as the options Jeff listed above. It would likely be cheaper, however.

Access to Skyliner - which also opens up different dining options. You’d only have to take the bus to two parks and your niece would probably think the SL was it’s own ride.

ETA - I missed @LTinNC82 ’s note above! What she said :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Is the CBR 5th-sleeper pull-down bed the size of a twin, or smaller? It looks pretty small in some pics.

1 Like

It’s smaller, maybe 5 feet-ish. We just got back from a stay at Yacht Club and have most recently stayed at CBR prior. YC’s couch folds down (not pulls out, it’s more like a real bed) to a full sized twin bed. CBR’s pull down 5th sleeper is more for a child/small adult.

2 Likes

I honestly have no idea - my 4.5 foot kid slept on it fine with room to spare, but I did not give it a try.

2 Likes

Not cheap, but I think there are club level rooms at Wilderness and Boardwalk that have 2 queen beds and a pullout. Or many of the deludes have 1 bedroom suites that sleep 6.

2 Likes