Our First Fully Vaccinated Trip Home!

So would the filet mignon on the surf and turf be worth the up charge at Narcoossee’s? We have our ADR for there!

It’s only the DS11 twins, really. The rest of us are vaccinated + masks so should be really low risk.

I could get them shirts that say “If I can hit you with my light saber, you’re standing too close!” to go with the weaponry :laughing:

4 Likes

I definitely think so. When you go fancy, go fancy you know?

3 Likes

Funny I heard the table next to us order that exact thing. She definitely thought it was. Not sure what cut the surf and turf normally comes with. The filet was good but not sure it was THAT good.

Our plan is to go fancy but split entrees so we don’t hurt ourselves.

Roughly 4 entrees and an app for party of 7, I’m thinking? (Or 3 entrees + 3 apps)

Haha! That would be awesome!

1 Like

Sirloin

1 Like

Ok, yeah. It’s probably way better than a sirloin.

2 Likes

Their shrimp and grits app is very good and fairly large so definitely plan on getting one or 2 of those. I don’t know your usual eating habits, but that doesn’t seem like enough for 7 people. Higher end places usually have smaller plates than your usual places serve too. I would probably do an app or soup/salad per person with 3 or 4 entrees to split.

2 Likes

I’m guilty of swinging my cane around :pensive: and it did work. I didn’t hit anyone but they did back away. In my defense, it was not premeditated, I was startled and reacted.

4 Likes

Well, we do have 4 light eaters. Not me though! :joy:

We can always tack on desserts too.

Last year, we were on the 6 night 1 QS/1 TS dining plan and didn’t pace ourselves well. We were basically food saturated with 1.5 days to go!

2 Likes

Oh, yep. DM will have hers. I’ll let the twins carry it for her. :joy:. (We went ahead and just bought her a wheelchair!)

2 Likes

And I literally said, “ if I can touch you with my cane you’re too close”

3 Likes

Oh yeah I can see that for sure.

Also, I suspect if I tell them 4 entrees and an app, it will end up being 4 entrees and 3-4 apps. :joy:

2 Likes

Well we will have 2 ECVs that may help us out plus a cane I could accidentally swing around. Lol.

4 Likes

You should put swangers on the ECVs! :laughing:

1 Like

I’ll just hold out my unfolded cane! :joy:
And do my best Dalek impersonation!

3 Likes

Got here right at 11. Not the best parking, but we’re in no hurry.

First food stop was honey bistro. Tried chicken Flatbread and spoon bread.

They were both very tasty. The Flatbread had a stronger mustard taste, but otherwise, no complaints. The spoon bread was very soggy and very full of whole corn. It was like soggy hushpuppies without the strong crust on the outside. The taste was good, just an off-putting texture.

We then went for the Popsicles at refreshment Port. These were particularly yummy. But melted fast.

Caught the princesses while eating Popsicles.

9 Likes

Frozen lemonade with blackberry moonshine. Very tart!

7 Likes