Our Day by Day Trip Report - The trip that came just in time

So far, we have been able to ride Nemo, Figment, and Mission space, but not much else. Can’t say that Three Cabelleros is a 6 min wait when it takes 25 min just to get into the building. Crowds have picked up, so we stopped for a quick treat at the Alps stand. Not bad, the tart was delicious!

12 Likes

So…I had to stop the updates in the park, as I left my external battery charger in the room. My phone started dying so I had to stop posting.

Lunch at Tutto Italiano, front row on LWTL (nice), and a 30 min wait for Soaring at 8:30.

We got in a couple more rides, but it wasn’t easy. Today was, well, busy. That’s hard to say in this Covid environment, but capacity felt excessive. And the mask/distance compliance was iffy at best. Not counting all the people sitting to eat and drink (which is allowed), the number of people not wearing masks properly or at all was only about 75%. Now that number is based on a “people watching” stint at a table in Italy, so it’s not scientific. But it seemed accurate with what we saw all day. The CMs couldn’t have kept up with all the non-compliance. I’m more hopeful for tomorrow, but we will see.

Here’s some more Epcot photos, but we have an early start for Animal kingdom tomorrow.

16 Likes

Greats pics! Have fun at AK!

Our view on the way in to Pandora at 7:45. We opted to go to River Journey first, as loading is immensely slower than FOP. And hoping to go against the crowd.
Let’s see if we regret that decision.

9 Likes

Standing in front of some beautiful scenery waiting for our first ride.

12 Likes

Well, we might regret this. This is a pretty significant line. I would say we could just wait until later when FOP slows down, but if Epcot yesterday was any indication, that may not work this weekend. So we are taking our chances in line now. We will see how this goes.

2 Likes

Oh, and she is waving about as always…

14 Likes

45 min + 90 sec later and we’re moving on. A nice ride on a Safari sounds good.

6 Likes

Love this dole whip breath mask. Etsy?!

Homemade :slight_smile:

Set up an Etsy shop when you’re back home. I’ll buy some from you for our January trip!!

1 Like

YAY!!! Loving these posts! Thanks for sharing! So glad you get to have this fun time with your sister! My family all just piled on the couch together to experience this with you. Almost feels like we’re there!

1 Like

I wish I could! I actually already have an Etsy shop for other stuff (not t-shirts or anything), but I don’t think I can get my hands on anymore masks. My sis and I each have a new one for every day in the parks, including Universal. I try to keep posting pics of them since we worked hard on them and we think they are so fun!

4 Likes

We were able to tackle Dinosaur before the crowds took it over. Seems like they sped it up a bit. We both had to hold on tight this time.

Satuli Canteen for an early lunch. Didn’t take pics but we had the blueberry mousse cake, pongo lumpia, and night blossom along with some hearty meals. Feeling set to go tackle Everest now!

4 Likes

Oh, and I forgot to post earlier. We had the BEST safari I’ve ever experienced today. So many close animals!

18 Likes

Wow, those giraffes were CLOSE! Love it! Makes up for the longer lines today.

3 Likes

Wow!!! So close! That’s amazing

1 Like

Just finished two straight rides on EE. That was so much fun! Second time we were put in the front row. First time in the front for both of us, since we are usually “back of coaster” people. It’s cool seeing all the other parks from the top of the mountain.

Next, we are going to give FOP another go, cause why not?

10 Likes

Loving all the photos. Bummer about the awful mask compliance.
Hope you’re having a great day today!

More great photos! Like the masks and ears!