Orlando Theme Parks provide proposed re-opening date at Orange County Task Force Meeting tomorrow May 21st EDIT

So according to that page, you can cancel and get a full refund.

It’s in the paragraph after the June 30th date.

What am I missing?

UO wants to open June 5th. I wonder what this means for Disney…

2 Likes

Have to believe that WDW will not want Universal to have a long period of time where they are the only game in town.

WDW just removed park hours through June 13th.

If they have to get Task Force to vote, next meeting is scheduled for May 27th 10 AM.

Would not surprise me to see WDW present their plan at that meeting.

3 Likes

The full refund is for check in dates from now until June 30th.
This paragraph after that says for check in dates after June 30th standard terms apply meaning that for my dates I will lose money.

Just heard UO plan (June 5) has been approved (unanimously) as presented and Orange Co. has done a walkthrough of their parks with no concerns. Disney, where are you? Get in the game!!

2 Likes

Is that OC approval and is that all they need? Do they need state approval?

Still need state approval, but DeSantis will rubber stamp it.

2 Likes

I decided I’m not comfortable liking that statement, but ty for the reply!

2 Likes

Form what I can see the Mayor of Orange County and the Governor of the State have to approve but they use the task force as primary check.

Listening to the meeting the Task Force seems to be taking this very seriously.

2 Likes

Here’s the reopening plan referenced during the meeting:

Safety protocols for Govt Relations_phase 2_final.pdf (902.9 KB)

Sorry, missed that bit. :slightly_frowning_face:

That’s bad IMO but I think the fact you couldn’t get there would help you get a refund. What’s the position with flights? Are they part of a package or separate, and are they still scheduled?

June 5th is 2 weeks from now. Hopefully Universal’s precautions are enough to keep guests and team members safe. Or, even if they aren’t, hopefully there will be enough data to understand what wasn’t safe and take appropriate action.

It honestly sounds like they’re going to run a very tight ship. They’ve got it all figured out – I thought they had a comprehensive plan that was reasonable to help reduce risk to TMs and guests.

1 Like

Our flights are separate (we’ve booked everything separately, which is problematic in this situation).
Virgin flights from Gatwick at the end of June.
The only option we have with them just now is to opt for an open ended ticket which is probably what we’ll have to do if it’s not going to be cancelled. We’re holding out for a cancellation to get a refund.
It’s so uncertain if the flight will go ahead or not.

Sorry @Nicky_S. I feel I’m overloading you with my specific situation. I was originally just giving an example of why some people might not have cancelled yet :see_no_evil::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Hopefully they will stick carefully to the plan, knowing if they don’t get it right the first time, they may face a very long shut down.

Presumably they are going to need to do everything they can to keep queues short so it might be a really great time to go for some people… It would need to check all these boxes for me though…

-No one moderate to high risk in our party or in the household(s) we would be returning to (the regrets wouldn’t be worth it “we should have known better”)

-Not coming from or through an infection hot spot (wouldn’t want there to be significant risk of bringing it with us)

-Community spread in Florida not significantly higher than where we’re coming from (wouldn’t want there to be significant risk of infecting people on way home)

-Willing to self quarantine as much as possible for 2 weeks upon return home

-Risk to travel party not significantly higher than the protocols we’re currently following at home (So this would currently be a deal breaker for me because we pretty much aren’t leaving the house at all right now and are re-evaluating that June 1 when we see how the numbers look. If we decide to let DS15 practice with his cross country team after that, that takes us a lot closer to being a similar risk. If we had a household member going to work anyway, especially interfacing with the public, the risk would already not be that different anyway.)

I think those would be our main considerations? We would probably avoid TS dining. I don’t want the servers coming that close to me with my face covering off (for their protection).

1 Like

I wonder how these new protocols will affect Express Passes at Universal? Will they be available? Or will all guests be using the same lines? I saw they eliminated single rider lines… so i’m curious.

The elimination of single rider lines had to happen. No purpose. They are intentionally leaving empty seats between parties, not filling them with strangers.

1 Like

I always wondered why we don’t use humans, instead of mice :rofl:

I was just on the Dibb checking out fastpass availability and things definitely look a bit better than when I made fp for early June but still not back to normal. I did notice something strange though. Neither Fantasmic or Rivers of Light show availability for fp after July 27. Do you think this may be indicative of night shows being cancelled upon reopening?

Personally I think getting people out of shows like that is a nightmare when trying to keep people socially distanced. I think they’ll be cancelled when parks re-open.

The fact that there are no FPs for then shows that maybe they’re now actively maintaining the system. And I’d expect FPs to start being cancelled at some point.

1 Like