Orlando Informer Meet-up

Just me and my daughter doing the informer. Doing a long weekend
We can’t wait!

2 Likes

We just bought our family the 2 night tickets! I’m so excited!

I haven’t been to Universal since 2010 so am utterly clueless and starting from scratch. Especially for how to plan for this type of event. :laughing:

So if we’re doing both nights, we will be able to pretty thoroughly cover both parks?

Is there anything key we wouldn’t be able to do? Or need to do during the period before it becomes a private party? (Or is there a solid reason we’d want to tack on an extra regular day?)

Any thoughts on Canana Bay vs the Endless Summer Resorts? (Without needing express pass, not seeing a reason to pay for the higher end hotels?). There will be 7 of us. Do any of the Universal hotels have something that sleeps 7 or is it going to be 2 rooms?

3 Likes

The only reason I could think you’d still want express is if you are going to use the 4pm entry (three hours before the event begins). Any shows that aren’t offered at night I’d do during that time like Bourne Identity, Animal Actors and the water rides in Toon Lagoon won’t be open at night.

1 Like

Cabana bay has a 2 bedroom suite that sleeps 8 I believe.

1 Like

And lastly I liked Volcano Bay so especially if you choose Cabana Bay I’d do a regular day ticket there and you can buy express pass for that park as well. It’s not as expensive as the other parks. I think $39.99 a person?

Edit: you can definitely do all the rides and shows offered for the event in two evenings without a doubt. And we might bump into you on June 4th, the Friday night.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll take a look at all that!

Yup sleeps 8. I thought it was really reasonably priced when I looked last year it just wasn’t available all our nights:

Sigh. Doesn’t appear to be available that weekend. Thanks though!

That was the same for us. I don’t think there are too many of them. The other rooms just sleep six at cabana bay and at endless suites. There might be a big suite like that at one of the deluxe hotels but I imagine the price would be really high

1 Like

It’s SO exciting that you are finally planning a magical getaway w/ your family :partying_face:

2 Likes

Ok, I’ve got a 2 bedroom suite booked at Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek that will hold us all. $250/night including taxes. A bit of a drive, but we get a balcony and a kitchenette along with a really nice selection of pools, apparently. We might do lunches at some of the Disney resorts since we’re over that direction. Decisions, decisions…

3 Likes

We loved Bonnet creek when we stayed there! Lots of room to spread out and a great pool area. We enjoyed it more than some of the Disney hotel offerings even. I think you’ll really enjoy it.

1 Like

Thanks! Anything you could tell me about the on-site restaurants would he helpful. I found menus for the hotel side ones, but not the timeshare side ones.

I booked through Extra Holidays and am trying to decide whether I’m up for the hassle/risk of trying to swap it out for one from a timeshare owner if I can get a deal.

My info would be dated at best, unfortunately. I remember staying in a one bedroom and feeling it was huge. I was just looking at the two bedroom condos they have there on property and remember thinking how similar in size they were to the room I remember, being spread out/space wise.

And I remember being very impressed with the kitchens. We were so blown away at what we could afford there versus a normal hotel room anywhere else in the city.

The best I can remember about the food was I don’t remember anything about it. Like, if it was horrible, I would remember that. Sorry I can’t be much more help!

1 Like

And this changed! Woot!

“As you likely already know, our Orlando Informer Meetup includes unlimited food and non-alcoholic beverages after the theme parks close to daytime guests. However, our guests have the opportunity to enter before then, and we like to make sure you can enjoy a meal before the unlimited food service starts. (Think of it as a meal before your meals!)

For the first time ever, we’re adding three “Bonus Bite Zones” in both parks (Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure) while they are open to daytime guests. These spots, home to theme-park staple food groups, will be for Orlando Informer Meetup guests only. You’ll be able to visit one of these six locations to enjoy one entree and one non-alcoholic beverage before unlimited service begins.”

https://meetup.orlandoinformer.com/maximize/extra-meal-improved-park-hours-orlando-informer-meetup-june-2021/

3 Likes

I can’t wait!

1 Like

I know that all sounds wonderful and you don’t have to eat up the event with dinner now. :-). I’m still crossing my fingers we get Velicoaster too.

3 Likes

I think Taylor Strickland and the rest of the OI staff have crossed all their fingers and toes too! That would be so amazing!

3 Likes

Just found this helpful article with a list of the December food offerings.

https://orlandoinformer.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360048886874-What-s-the-Orlando-Informer-Meetup-unlimited-food-menu-

2 Likes

Oh my daughter is not going to leave where the unlimited butterbeer is!

Edit: She’s decided to come with!

6 Likes