Orlando Informer Meet-up

I think skipping, dancing, twirling are all acceptable forms of traversing in an amusement park. I think Walt would approve too. You could share a documentary video showing us your joyful passage too.

6 Likes

I think that can be arranged!

3 Likes

I agree completely. Empty park in the dark is my happy place. Our first trip, security was literally walking behind us, slowly guiding us out of Hogsmeade, as we were the last people there. We also had the pleasure of an empty Diagon Alley at night experience. :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Thatā€™s pretty much my idea of a perfect night too! Iā€™m so happy you got to be last out, what an incredible experience.

1 Like

I booked it for Jun 4th so Iā€™ll get to try this outā€¦Fingers seriously crossed for some Velocicoaster action with a shorter line and in the dark!

3 Likes

I have to give security credit. They never rushed us. They made it clear we had to leave eventually, but let us take pictures and leisurely make our way out. This is my ā€œwe will illuminate the way if you promise to leaveā€ picture.

2 Likes

And my ā€œsecurity guard photobombā€ in DA.

7 Likes

Yeah, you see this crossed a line for me. I was in the Leaky Cauldron at the end of the evening and I left just after closing. There were about five guards in regular uniforms blocking the way deeper into Diagon Alley. Regular. Clothing. Completely destroys the magic. Not Impressed.

His smile :laughing::laughing:

2 Likes

They usually announce the next meet-up around the time of the current one. So be on the lookout in June for an announcement.

1 Like

Thank you. I appreciate it!

1 Like

https://meetup.orlandoinformer.com/maximize/extra-meal-improved-park-hours-orlando-informer-meetup-june-2021/?mc_cid=28d91d8693&mc_eid=2b2cc5f0fe

1 Like

oh wowā€¦ nice discount , thanks! I canā€™t find out where the ā€˜early dinnerā€™ is being held though. Itā€™s kinda sad that you have to pay for parking just to get into the City Walk area ;( although it is free parking after 6.

2 Likes

It said three restaurants in each park open only to the OIMeetup so Iā€™d best itā€™s the places they normally do for VIP tours? But three places per park so that means two other locations per park beyond the VIP buffet area? Weā€™ll definitely do this for the eating to beat the heat and crowds but Iā€™m happy that one of the parks went from closing at 9pm to closing at 7pm. That sounds much nicer. This was honestly cheaper than day tix with EP would be and it includes food so paying for parking doesnā€™t kill me but Iā€™m not a local like you :wink:

Edit: Maybe they are going to choose from restaurants that are currently closed or open seasonlly like Cafe La Bamba?

3 Likes

We are in discussions in our house right now. Leaving the DS-18 out of discussions b/c heā€™ll go if we do :rofl: Itā€™s sooooo tempting, but itā€™s Juneā€¦ and hot :wink:

1 Like

I knowā€¦I chose this time frame so DD13 could go and now she doesnā€™t want to. Wanted to go in April.

Edit: and I rented points at Boardwalk so itā€™s officially happening rain or shineā€¦canā€™t get that money back easily without going thru insurance!

1 Like

Question for anyone whoā€™s attended a Meet-Up: do you think an 11-year-old and her middle-age-mama can hang on the Friday night? And she is a HUGE Harry Potter fan, which would be our big reason for going - will she see all of HP World and get to ride all of the rides?

I was planning a Memorial Day trip for our family of four, but now I see this is an option, I may go this route for a mama/daughter trip and leave my 7yo son (who doesnā€™t love big coasters) and husband at home w/the dog.

1 Like

This may be a British English thing but Iā€™m not sure what youā€™re asking.

Do I think that you and your daughter can have a great time together? Absolutely. Just make sure you can stay awake late enough to really make the most of it.

1 Like

I did a mother/daughter trip to Universal Hollywood for Halloween Horror Nights and Disneyland Oct 2019 when she was 12 and now she wants little to do with me at 13. Iā€™m so glad we did that. Grab onto those chances.

4 Likes

I decided to do this. I had concerns also about no refunds. But all of them went without a hitch so I am rolling the dice. Will be nice to hang at the pool in the sun, then parks in the evening.

3 Likes