Orlando Informer Meet-up

Has anyone attended these events? They sound amazing! It sounds like DAH on steroids! Parks open from 6pm - 1:30am - Unlimited rides & Unlimited food / non-alcoholic drinks / snacks & treats from around the park. They have a group rate at the hotels ranging from $70 - $100 / night!

https://meetup.orlandoinformer.com/winter/#ps-section-5

I read they’ve been doing it for years and was hoping anyone here might have a review!

2 Likes

I did one last December. It was superbly organised. Very impressive operation. Everything was a walk-on, except Hagrid. I didn’t time Hagrid but it was certainly under an hour. Far too much free food. And free unlimited Butterbeer!

Am very happy to recommend it without reservation.

12 Likes

Hmm, it does seem like a lot of fun! We already are staying for 5 days this December with Express passes from RPR. Wonder if the extra cost would be worth it for us. Those tickets are expensive, and no AP discounts.

1 Like

Probably not, if you have five days of EPs.

It’s a great event, but more for people who want to get everything done in a short amount of time.

1 Like

I think you’re right. It would be perfect for our next WDW trip if we wanted to spend one night doing a Orlando Informer event.

2 Likes

That being said, the lines are shorter than EP lines are. Because there aren’t any lines. Though who knows how busy daytime UOR will be in December.

1 Like

I love y’all but you tempt me with ways to spend more money! I looked this up and it sounds like a better deal than MVMCP. MVMCP wasn’t that exclusive and what included food?

3 Likes

It totally is.

2 Likes

I haven’t done their meet ups but I heard good things. They haven’t been doing them for 10 years (site isn’t even that old) but they have been doing them for at least 4 or 5.

1 Like

It states “10th meet up” not 10 years of meet ups. It appears that they do 2 sets a year (one in spring and one in winter), so we ar more looking at about five years of meet ups.

Just dreaming of going to a Meet Up and then Epcot’s Flower and Garden…:heart_eyes:

Thanks for clairfing! I edited it to “years” now. :smile:

1 Like

I just bought tickets for my husband and I the first weekend! We are doing this for our 10th Anniversary. I have heard so many good things about this event.

3 Likes

If Florida can get it’s COIVD numbers down to reasonable numbers or there’s a treatment, I’ll see you there! :wink::mask:

2 Likes

We have done 2 separate Orlando Informer events. One in 2017 and one in 2019. Both were great! The first was specific to the Harry Potter areas the second was all of both parks. Very low wait times and a ridiculous amount of “free” food.

You can get a small break in ticket price if you buy two nights as opposed to just one. If you are adults or have older kids this is totally worth it. They generally go from late evening to early morning hours so taking little kids might not be the best idea.

1 Like

It’s probably just a pipe dream, but I’m reading about the June one. The last time we went to Universal Studios was 2010, so we are way overdue and I haven’t kept up at all.

Our family are definitely night owls. If we went just for the two evenings, would we be able to see pretty much everything? Is there anything major we would be missing?

We could sleep in late, spend the afternoons at the pool, then arrive at 5pm ready to do all the things. Is the free food available starting at 5pm or not until the parks clise to the public?

Did anyone go to the December one?

Orlando Informer Meetup hours:
You can enter and enjoy the attractions beginning at 5:00 pm on the date(s) you select.

Friday, June 4: Universal’s Islands of Adventure will close to the public at 7:00 pm. Universal Studios Florida will close to the public at 9:00 pm. Our Orlando Informer Meetup will conclude at 1:30 am.

Saturday, June 5: Universal Studios Florida will close to the public at 7:00 pm. Universal’s Islands of Adventure will close to the public at 9:00 pm. Our Orlando Informer Meetup will conclude at 1:30 am.

https://meetup.orlandoinformer.com/june/?fbclid=IwAR06R9zZbVic_xoBVoX-WWJJRoMKgyKtbT6T4cOJO3rt2CQdCtSikhjJeOY_aem_AfFkqrKekCJcP04wZVkl5zIlXV0QQKwiLUBwhk-XzQwH6duiGcaBNVBFjvYPEN-ixP715A3f_nuiIvjpt0oiOp65sCOx8Z6PnriOPNFaHJEyJF9Jz9_5vlvFuAcIRlsQdAE

1 Like

This is also a dream of mine! Everything I’ve heard is that these are amazing and you have so few lines that you can get a ton of stuff done in a very short period of time. Unfortunately, I can’t answer your question about the food, but I believe that @sanstitre_has_left_the_building (is that still his name?) might have done done one of these. Or did he only do the VIP tour? I find myself living through him vicariously so often I forget what he’s actually done and what I want him to do! :rofl:

1 Like

I dug around in the Terms and Conditions tonight and found it:
“Food & beverage service will begin BY 8 pm and conclude at 12:30 am”

So yeah, do need to spend quality exclusive access time on it, unfortunately.

But the real reason i was digging in the Terms and Conditions…
“No refunds of any kind. Registration is non-transferable. Event may be cancelled or modified at any time.”

Sigh. Life’s just too uncertain right now to put money down on something like that. But I may keep daydreaming about it anyway…

2 Likes

He’s done both.

Rude.

2 Likes

Mr M. Do you recommend this event ?