Priority Entrance

have you done one? are they worth it?

Capacity usually occurs late morning to late afternoon. If you do get locked out it won’t be for the full day.

2 Likes

Good to know! Maybe by the time we get there from the airport and get checked in, crowds will have died down a bit.

Are you staying at a Universal hotel?

Yup, Royal Pacific.

1 Like

I have not. I was going to do it this year, but I’m not traveling until things get back to “normal”. I did ask on these forums about it and got a lot of positive reviews.

2 Likes

Thanks, I remember that thread, thanks for linking it for me. Since we live locally I wouldn’t have to fly but I don’t know how bad things will be in December…

1 Like

Then you can get into the parks even if they reach capacity.

2 Likes

Really?? Did not know this!!

1 Like

Yeah. Staying on property guarantees you entry even if they are closed to everyone else. A perk to staying at a resort hotel.

3 Likes

That’s great! I knew we had “priority” access… but didn’t know that meant guaranteed access. What a relief!

2 Likes

Yep. We were on property and had left for a break and then I saw the parks had closed. I was worried but they said hotel guests could still enter.

2 Likes

When you returned was there a separate entrance line for hotel guests? I haven’t found anyone who can confirm how it works when they hit capacity.

1 Like

There wasn’t a separate entrance. They just asked to see our room keys.

1 Like

That makes a great deal of sense. They can start the day assuming everyone in an on-site hotel will visit the parks, and then start counting up from there. Then if the parks hit capacity, they know that on-site guests are already included in the attendance number and can let them in.

2 Likes

Got an email from Universal today suggesting that, as a resort guest, I take advantage of early admission, go home at lunch and then return at night. That was our general plan anyway but interesting to have them encourage guests to do so.

3 Likes

That is interesting…

1 Like

Interesting you received an email about it. It is a good plan though.

I got an email from them today (I have an AP) suggesting if I wanted to come the next 2 weekends, I should switch to the much less crowded weekdays.

1 Like

When I asked about AP upgrades I asked about capacity and was told there are two phases of park capacity. The first is hotel guests and specific date ticket holders and the second which they have never reached is specific date ticket holders only…