Orlando Informer Meet-up

I just purchased the two night tickets for me and my sister as well! I’ve been tempted by this event for years, and finally decided it was time to pull the trigger. We have done DAH at HS before, but this feels like that on steroids.

5 Likes

It is :smile:

4 Likes

@sanstitre_has_left_the_building Do you recall what form(s) the meetup credentials were? We are only going to Universal for the two nights of the meet up and staying offsite so will only have the meetup whatever’s, no other tickets/passes.

I’m asking because I’m seeing all these recommendations for having lanyards at Universal, but I also saw a mention of meetup wristbands so didn’t know if we would still want lanyards?

I’m planning to have a bumbag for my phone, keys, ID, and credit cards.

2 Likes

That being said I seem to remember a thread in their Facebook group saying they had supply issues and may be using something else.

But the events are ridiculously well run. If you need a lanyard, there will be lanyards. They think of everything.

3 Likes

This was in my confirmation email from OI:

“You’ll only need a photo ID matching the name entered at purchase to check-in to our OI Meetup and receive your credentials. Our check-in area will be located in Universal CityWalk, between the two theme parks. We’ll email all of the details to you by May 21”

So I’m guessing we’ll find out more about how they’re identifying participants sometime b4May21

2 Likes

:joy: But I ordered lanyards before I realized we might not need them and they are only eligible to be returned until April 16. I’m so conflicted… :joy:

2 Likes

This is the downside of being an over-achiever😂

2 Likes

I’m anxiously awaiting the announcement of these dates!! <3

Pop quiz.

Meet-up or UOR VIP/private tour?

Also, how are you feeling? Better I hope.

1 Like

I’m going to answer the pop quiz of how @sanstitre_has_left_the_building is feeling :wink:

BETTER! at least it’s hopeful thinking that’s true :wink:

2 Likes

My instinct is: Meet-up. Cheaper, loads of free food and drinks. Virtually no lines. You set the schedule

My misery was really only that one night. I was back up to 90% the following morning and 98% the following day. Arm still sore today and slight dip to 95%.

5 Likes

Lanyards are good for holding a locker tickets or room keys to open lockers before and after rides.

2 Likes

And phones for water rides if you get the phone ones like we do.

1 Like

Zip block bags for the win for water rides.

1 Like

How early does one need to arrive for this event to get in at opening? Right now I have car service to drop us off 30 min (3:30pm) for the 4pm start but is there a long line to get in, or for wristbands, etc. Should we aim to get there at 3pm or earlier?

1 Like

@sanstitre_has_left_the_building???

We’re aiming for 3pm at the latest because we have nothing else scheduled those days except resort time and light eating. But I have no personal experience to support this.

1 Like

I don’t remember when I arrived. There was a line. But it moved fast.

What you need to remember is that the people who organise these events are ruthlessly efficient.

3 Likes

I might bump mine up till 2:30pm pickup/3pm drop off. I’ll sleep on it. :wink: We aren’t renting a car until we head to the beach so I’m just getting a car service. We also don’t have anything planned except I was going to book a breakfast at brunch time (11-1130am) so we can sleep in and be rested.

1 Like

:heart_eyes:

1 Like