Orlando Informer Meet-up

Writes the person applying for club 33 :crazy_face::smirk:

5 Likes

Itā€™s possible but hereā€™s the problem: staffing.

Universal might not be willing to staff an attraction not officially open, especially if the ride still is having tweaks during the nighttime hours.

Iā€™d say go in not expecting it and be pleasantly surprised if it does open.

1 Like

Yep, thatā€™s the plan. Well, with pretty much any ride, really. But yes, even more so.

So I was reading some chatter about them reaching capacity at Universal today and people not getting in. And comments that is happening most weekends. I wondered if that could possibly interfere with our getting in at 4pm for the meetup, and got the following info:

3 Likes

Iā€™m sure it will be something like the hotel guest entry when at capacity. Last Saturday, the parks were at capacity and there were huge lines of people waiting to get in. They had TMs at the entry spot and we had to show them our room key and walked right in. The line for people waiting to get into IOA was backed up all the way to Studios :open_mouth: This was our first entry for the day, not a re-entry as we had just arrived and checked in.

3 Likes

Thanks for gathering that intel since weā€™re aiming for that 4pm entry too

1 Like

In case anyone was planning to try for thisā€¦

2 Likes

So Iā€™ve been reading a lot of the meetup tips, and here were some interesting tidbitsā€¦

In December they told people it would be 5pm entry but let them in much earlier than that. Iā€™m still aiming for a 3pm arrival for June, I think, so we donā€™t wear ourselves out, but might bump that up depending on showtimes.

And just be aware of some of this if youā€™re planning on shoppingā€¦

3 Likes

Thank you so much for that info about early entry. I think I will bump up our car service an hour. I had planned on getting there at 3:30. I still donā€™t want to get there too early because then I wonā€™t make it till 12:30 cuz Iā€™m old and we have Toppolinoā€™s Terrace Breakfast at 1110am I think so Iā€™d like to give us time to leisurely eat and walk around RR before we take the skyliner back to BWV. But this is really intel youā€™ve done! I am going to just follow you around so youā€™ll do all this work for me in the future. J/k! :wink:
Edit: I think this also makes the EPā€™s I purchased more valuable too. I had planned to knock out USF during the early part with EP since most of those rides are indoors and who cares if it is dark and cool outside to enjoy them and then I was going to take the train over when it officially begins and do IOA during the official event since there are more rides thatā€™ll be fun at night like Hulk, Hagridā€™s, Dr. Doom, Pteranodon Flyers, High in the Sky Train, Flying Hippogriff (and fingers crossed Velicocoaster and then weā€™ll probably take the train back for RRR after dark too since thatā€™s is the only outdoor ride over there.

1 Like

Wait a second! Will they let us ride pteranodon flyers without a kid during the event?!

I think so! But they have a VQ for it because itā€™s so popular.

2 Likes

Yes @sanstitre_has_left_the_building said so I believe

1 Like

The system was you had to get timed tickets to fly on a first-come first-served basis. I didnā€™t bother, partly because I didnā€™t know what time Iā€™d want to be there. I walked by PF during the course of the evening, but they were strict about ticket-holders only, even though there was no line.

Oh, but yes: no need to have a kid with you.

3 Likes

So if we walked by at the official beginning of the event would we be too late to get a ticket? Do we need to do this first thing?

As I remember it, you get the tickets at 5pm. (Which was another reason I didnā€™t do it. You have to go to a booth somewhere outside the park entrances and I wasnā€™t going to be around at that time.)

Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s no ticket, no fly.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info. I will ask when we pick up our tickets. This is one high on my list since I havenā€™t ridden it in years cuz I have teens.

1 Like

I just sent them a message how we get a ticket to ride because this woman caresā€¦Iā€™ll post their response

4 Likes

Awesome! Thanks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

:rofl::rofl:

1 Like

"Guests will have the opportunity to experience Pteranodon Flyers without a child at our Orlando Informer Meetup.

Due to the attractionā€™s capacity limitations, at our previous OI Meetup, we utilized a limited number of Virtual Line tickets that were distributed at random via a lottery system in advance.

Information for June will be included in our check-in email, which will be sent approximately 2 weeks prior to the Orlando Informer Meetup as well.
"

Edit: Iā€™m hoping this means we can do it from our phone instead of a physical line

3 Likes