Olafsdad and wife trip report

The fried chicken is the main reason most folks go there.

1 Like

Possibly crab apples, according to a search of various palm fruits that grow in Florida (not sure why it came up with Amazon, I didn’t actually want to buy one, Google :woman_facepalming:t4:).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Malus-Golden-Hornet-Ornamental-Garden/dp/B07HM7FPMR/ref=asc_df_B07HM7FPMR/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=463045414014&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13089316473242370224&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007326&hvtargid=pla-980066050301&psc=1

2 Likes

Yep! That’s why we have an ADR there.

2 Likes

Uber from AKL to OKW 12, maybe about 10 minutes. Compared rates for both Lyft and Uber a few times this trip so far and the rates for Uber were about 2-3 cheaper each time. Room isn’t ready so we dropped bags and now on the Bus to DS for our Brunch @ City Works. So craving those Beignets.

5 Likes

Here at DS, a quick pick in front of the tree, Saw Mr. & Mrs. Santa cruising by (didn’t know that was happening so a nice surprise) and of course… The Beignets. So good

19 Likes

Ok Beignets didn’t disappoint but that was the appetizer. Here’s the main dish…

Labeled the “Sweet Child O’ Mine” (all of the brunch menu items are Rock n Roll themed) it’s description is as follows…“Stuffed french toast with brioche bread, Bailey’s cream cheese, Vanilla bean ice cream batter, Mixed berry compote, powdered sugar” Amazingly good.

17 Likes

Oh my that looks absolutely amazing!!

1 Like

Oh it was. And now I just hope im hungry by 7pm for my Olivia’s reservation. Lol. Right now I feel like I don’t ever want to eat again. EVER!!

But, we decided to take a long walk over to Saratoga and then walk over to OKW from there. So maybe the walk, (And the nap that will follow) will change my mind.

5 Likes

Let me know if you are able to walk from SSR to OKW. I wanted to do that in October and was told the path was closed. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I mapped it cuz I thought it would be arduous but it’s only a mile… but google maps just shows the path and time, not if the path is open :wink:

1 Like

I had also looked on google maps and when I dropped my bags at OKW, I asked where to find the path. The bell station folks told me it wasn’t open. I was going to walk to SSR and then to DS. I ended up taking the bus. I didn’t ask why it wasn’t open and wish I had!

2 Likes

Path to and from DS to OKW is not open. Main reason is there’s no way to provide temperature screening. We did walk from DS to OKW but had to go through SSR. 2 miles, not too bad and we needed to walk off that brunch. So you walk from DS to Congress Park SSR, from there you walk past Springs, Clubhouse area, Grandstand, and follow the signs to the Treehouses. There’s a paved path, once you past the first couple of Treehouses there is a walkway on your left. Take that walkway and it will lead you to a bridge…

after the bridge you will see a sign… take a right to head towards OKW.

Overall it took about an hour at a slow and leisurely pace. We stopped along the way to take pictures as well. And we we were coming from the West Side of DS by Cirque De Soleil (the furthest you could be from SSR via walking) and we walked to the Carriage house at OKW to grab our bags. Total distance was about 2 miles. Wouldn’t recommend doing it at night…

9 Likes

It’s a pretty walk though.

17 Likes

I’m glad it’s open now! I really wanted to try it. I did do the walk from DS to SSR and back. It was nice. Have you worked up an appetite for dinner yet?

1 Like

Thanks! I just book marked those directions!

2 Likes

Waiting on my Olivia’s to go order right now. We decided to split that Duval St Burger back at the room and save the fried chicken for lunch or dinner tomorrow :smile:

4 Likes

Depending on when the rain stops tomorrow we may reverse the process and walk from OKW to DS. If we do, I’m planning on taking some video and I’ll send you a link of a relaxing stroll :smile:

6 Likes

Duval St Burger didn’t disappoint

7 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Beautiful resort here at OKW. A tad crowded at certain times in the main area but just love the palm trees and the landscaping. We enjoyed the hot tub for a spell, spent a little time in the main pool (no slide for me, YET!!) was a little busy while we were there. I’m expecting tomorrow to be a little less crowded being Monday. We’ll see. No big plans for tomorrow other than the Chicken at Olivia’s and another stroll to DS (weather permitting). Those of you expecting more theme park stuff, I’m sorry :frowning: this trip was more about spending some time with DW and relaxing. We may just hit one or two before we leave. You’ll have to keep reading to find out. Lol. Gonna call it a night. Me and DW are gonna play some cards out on the patio.

I’ll leave you off with a few more pictures from today.

15 Likes