Olafsdad and wife trip report

Yummy! I love both Kidani and Jambo! So glad you have a night there. Did you see lots of animals?

2 Likes

@Olafsdad, I don’t think I could ever find the words to express how much joy you and your wife have brought me today.

9 Likes

Indeed, so beautiful and peaceful.

1 Like

OMG, @PrincipalTinker. There aren’t enough “Thank You’s” to express how thankful and grateful we are for your act of kindness. (My wife’s words but I’m in total agreement)

8 Likes

That pool is calling my name. Think I’m gonna go for a dip before I hit the shower and call it a night. It’s been a long day.

13 Likes

Be sure to try the slide! :wink:. I did and it’s fun!

4 Likes

Lol, I did!!! Couldn’t resist. There was only 3 other people in the entire pool. Same # of lifeguards as guests. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome Home! Enjoy your trip! How was the walk to Kidani? We’re contemplating Jambo in April but the closed restaurants are giving us serious pause. Also, do you know if the Jambo gift shop has a coffee station since the Mara is closed?

1 Like

Walk wasn’t bad. 10 minutes at a leisurely pace. First timers here and we zigged a couple times we should of zagged but it’s well lit at night and we enjoyed the stroll. As for gift shop at Jambo, it’s not open. No restaurants and no QS. Only thing we found open was the pool bar. Good turkey sandwiches but very limited otherwise. And we overheard another guest saying it’s only open on Fri, Sat, and Sun. There is a continuous internal shuttle that runs to and from Kidani and Jambo if you choose. Overall, it’s very quiet and not crowded at all. Right up our alley as this trip is adults only and all about relaxing and taking it all in.

5 Likes

Alright Jambo everyone!! Gonna call it a night. I love sunrise walks and I’m bushed. Travel days always wipe me out. The excitement and anticipation keeps the adrenaline pumping…until it doesn’t. Lol. Hard crash.

Anyhoo. I edited the title of the thread and dropped the “day 1” so I can continue adding updates to the same thread. Can’t promise I won’t slack off but I’ll try to keep it going. Tomorrow we switch to OKW and the only plans we currently have are a brunch at City Works (Mmmmm Beignets) can’t wait :smile:

12 Likes

Had to add a pic from the flight. The clouds were very fluffy this morning

10 Likes

You must also try the slide at OKW! It is fantastic! My favorite that I’ve tried so far. I only did it 10 times. :joy:

8 Likes

Sounds like a dare to me. Challenge accepted, lol

4 Likes

Mornin’ all. Had my nice peaceful sunrise walk (my favorite way to start the day)

An empty lobby at sunrise was spectacular. So serene and beautifully themed.

23 Likes

Good lord that’s all so beautiful. Sunrise is my favorite too.

3 Likes

Looks beautiful, I have to stay here someday!

1 Like

Ok folks, plans today are we are moving over to OKW for 2 days. Gonna catch an Uber from AKL over to OKW, drop the bags off and head to DS for Brunch @ City Works. We also have a late dinner ressie @ Olivia’s (never been but hear good things) looking at menu I can’t decide between the Duval St. burger or the fried chicken dinner. Decisions, decisions…hmmm. what do y’all recommend?

3 Likes

I have heard the fried chicken is very good.

Enjoy your day!

1 Like

Anyone know what type of fruit is growing from these trees around the walkway of the pool?? DW was curious.

1 Like

That’s good to know. Thanks for sharing! One of the benefits for us in Jambo is the hotel-style with coffee and quick serve breakfast at the ready. Knowing that it’s not an ordeal to go over to Kidani is helpful. Enjoy your day!

1 Like