Offer Submitted! edit: Again!

They can actually give you any use year so they are playing games. If the 2021 use year has not come yet, you get 2020 and 2021. If it has passed (like April) you only get. 2021.

3 Likes

I’ve seen a couple of posts where people have said they will no longer sell current use years where the banking window has passed.

So someone wanted a September use year but was told they couldn’t get 2020 points because the banking window had closed. They can get an October use year with 2020 points if they close before the end of the month.

Presumably the alternative is that they can buy the September use year but only with 2021 points.

It could be because of the extra points in the system right now that they aren’t doing the late banking at the moment.

1 Like

They could offer them as unbankable. But I suppose that doesn’t help with current points glut

2 Likes

That is crazy.

How many millions of points were used to book the dvc cruise on the Wish?

2 Likes

No idea but not as many as you might think. Only one person had to be booked on points and it could be a 3rd person.

I did a rough calculation on the number of points in DVC recently and it’s huge. 50 million plus if I recall.

2 Likes

I just looked. There are 1,254 rooms on the Wish. The lowest staterooms (interior) were between 101 points for a baby and 160 points for an adult?

1 Like

Bummer! I hope you find another deal. Are you thinking of direct? I was listening to the My DVC Points podcast and they seem to think Aulani is a great deal because dues are so low. And depending on what type of room you want to book and where, you should still be and to use them at WDW.

1 Like

That’s about 126,000 - 200,000 points for those who are searching for their calculator.

I’m still going resale since I won’t go every year so AP discounts, etc. aren’t a big benefit to me. Aulani is one of the 3 resorts I’m looking at. The others are AKL and SSR.

1 Like

For a starting point. That is not any oven view or concierge rooms. That is also the minimum (one person per cabin)

1 Like

Oh no here comes the math.

https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/blond-woman-getting-bored-portrait-boring-look-65021350.jpg

1 Like

I’m sorry your contract got sucked up by Disney @Jeff_AZ. What a bummer. DH has been pushing lately to buy a BWV contract resale for our couples trips. If I’m going to do the boardwalk area though, I’d rather BCV because of my food allergies. It’s quite the debate around here. Especially since we’ve never stayed in BCV. If we bought at BWV it would have to be enough points to get a 1bdrm so I have a kitchen. Over at BCV we could stay in a studio and I could just go to the QS location every morning and get mickey waffles. If the boardwalk bakery would just offer allergy mickey waffles, it would really be great. The last thing we actually need is more points, but the whole buy where you want to stay thing is a big deal nowadays. Transferring a reservation at 7 mos can be a hassle, esp because I won’t walk.

1 Like

Why can’t my DH be pushy like that?

3 Likes

I don’t know when I became the practical one in our relationship. :laughing: Of course, I say this as I’m currently in the process of making a 30 page disney vacation planner in photoshop while ithemepark 4k video walkthroughs of the parks plays in the background for ambient noise…

4 Likes

Hmmm…a 10 min morning walk around Crescent Lake to go to BC QS wouldn’t be too terrible, though…a little “me” time perhaps?

“Sorry, you wanted BWV. You get the the kids dressed while I get my necessities.” :laughing:

2 Likes

I found the point chart for the Wish! This is per person

https://cdn2.parksmedia.wdprapps.disney.com/media/dvc/catalog/resorts/cruise/2022_Charter_Point_Chart_FINAL_5-13-2021.pdf

Crazy!

1 Like

So I’ve started down the rabbit hole. I may go once a year, so maybe AP matters, but it’d likely just be me every year (and whole fam every other). But if you buy resale now do you also not get shopping/dining discounts? I’m confused about that.

And then if you buy resale can you use those points at any property pre-Riviera within the 7 month window. Or can you only use at the property for which you purchase?

1 Like

If you buy resale today you would, in theory , not get merchandise or dining discounts (although there are reports sometimes you might get them by accident)

As long as it is not Riveira you can use your points at any other current DVC resort at 7 months if there is availability .

1 Like

So help me on this. I’m in sales. What is the value proposition of buying direct? “Pay us a 30% premium and you can maybe have access to these tangential perks that may or may not be around next year anyway. Oh, and you can use your points at this one new hotel we just built, which is beautiful and has a skyliner, but doesn’t offer any other distinct advantages.”

At 150 points and a $30-50 mark up per point, you’d have to spend $45,000 (presuming DVC gets a 10% discount. If it’s 20 or 25% that obviously comes down.) on shopping and dining to get back the “discount” you miss out on by purchasing resale.

So what exactly is the benefit right now of buying direct? (Aside from the immediacy)

2 Likes

It depends when/how you do it. The newer resorts will have new buyer incentives and 50 year contracts. Per point, those contracts end up at times being cheaper than some resale contracts. I bought in at CC for just about what I could sell my contract for today. (Small point contract that gave me full benefits). Some owners bought in years ago for 25 points.

I think the OKW direct vs resale prices are listed on another thread. The price difference (is it generally $35 these days) combined with the generally longer direct contract (15 years) makes it a good direct choice if that is what you want.

If you are going to finance a contract regardless of direct or resale you will also have to add those costs into the cost?

It is 125 points for direct benefits. The numbers were much more beneficial when you knew you could buy a gold AP for around a $400 savings annually for each member of your family. Many families did think a $1600 discount annually was a benefit that would save them more money over the length of the contract (plus the 20% merchandise/dining discount or TiW).

I guess the biggest direct benefit these days is booking Riviera?

The biggest benefit might just be that you can buy direct exactly what you want. Sometimes you make a decision from you heart.

2 Likes