OBNurseNH's Secret Star Wars Viewing Thread

Well this, and also he has never tried to “make me like it.” He has never really even asked me to try to get into it. It’s a running joke in our family- that and HP.

5 Likes

That wasn’t the reason people hated 8, at least not the vast majority. Expanding the universe has never been a problem for the fandom. Books upon books covered expansions and challenging long-established tropes of the universe.

6 Likes

DH didn’t like it for that reason.

2 Likes

If my DH did this with something I loved, I’d think it was brilliant. I’d just want to put them straight on to watch together when we got home.

5 Likes

Thanks for that vote of confidence

4 Likes

You’re welcome!

3 Likes

I hadn’t thought of that, BUT…

If he ends up disappointed not to have been with you while you watched, just let him read this thread!!! I feel like we’ve been with you while you watched :+1:t2::rofl:

8 Likes

mmmhmmm.

“Honey, I wish you woulda told me. I feel like you left me out of this important step for you!”
“It’s ok, dear. I let Interweb friends know! Y’know…instead of you. Cause that’s something well-adjusted people do, right?”
“…So… I’m going to sue for custody of the kids…”

…what could go wrong?

6 Likes

Wow. That escalated quickly.

6 Likes

Star Wars: Serious Bidness™.

6 Likes

Of litigious proportions?

What have I waded into.

4 Likes

litigious is you getting off easy. People have been murdered for less. MUR-DURED!

The only thing more dire is Star Trek. But the good news is … …you can out run most Star Trek fans :rofl:

6 Likes

tenor

5 Likes

Speaking of… where are we at right now? Like… still half way through 9? And Rogue One and Solo are next up, right?

Holy … I just realized you’re in for the Mandolorian yet.

hmmmm i guess she has to watch Clone Wars (not the movie… that is pretty much skippable) beffore Mandolorian?

3 Likes

Halfway through 9. Should make some progress tonight. Otherwise it will wait for Saturday morning. Then I understand I am supposed to watch Solo and then Rogue One.

Then Mando?

And I saw about Bad Batch coming 5/4. Which I read over and over as Bad Bitch for several MK ites quite confused by why Disney would release something with that title.

5 Likes

Mando is probably fine after that.

If you’re a purest, and depending on time, I would say Clone Wars first so the cameo’s that happen in Mando make sense. (and I misspoke. You need to watch at least the beginnings of the Clone Wars movie to know who Ashoka is… but then again, you could just be told and derive all you need from that.)

4 Likes

When you watch Rogue One, see if you can find the reference to Episode Eight.

3 Likes

Noted.

2 Likes

Remind me when I start it

3 Likes

I’m sure you’re right, but having not seen Clone Wars, I didn’t find it’s characters in Mandalorian confusing in any way.

3 Likes