OBNurseNH's Secret Star Wars Viewing Thread

yeah but did you lose your collective spaghetti when Bo Katan showed up?

5 Likes

Although, now Iā€™m confused. I thought when people talked about Clone Wars it was an animated series. Am I mistaken?

3 Likes

There was a clone wars movie, which was about as exciting as watching paint dry, which launched the Clone Wars TV Show(which was FAR better once it hit its stride ). Both were 3D Animated.

4 Likes

No :rofl::rofl:
I guess I wouldā€™ve done if I had a background story?

Talking of losing collective spaghetti. I did just that after finding Boba Fett in Aquaman (especially after totally not recognising him in the awful CGI in the opening scenes).

4 Likes

yeah. Same reaction. Especially when you realize Katee Sackhoff, who voiced her in the Clone Wars. Also reprises the role as the live action version. Literally a cartoon made real.

6 Likes

DH and DS have watched Clone Wars more than once. There was no losing of spaghetti.

4 Likes

I donā€™t believe in losing spaghetti. Pasta is one of my favorite things. I keep that stuff all to myself.

Well except that one time in college when I did lose some tortellini on the street

5 Likes

how embarrassing for them not to realize the significance of it. And you just outted them like that.

Ice. Cold. :rofl:

5 Likes

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/33120690.jpg

3 Likes

My two cents.

DH and I, separately, watched all of the movies in 2020. We had both grown up with 4,5,6 and watched half of Phantom when it came out. We never picked the saga back up until last year. I re-watched 7,8,9 with him when he watched them for the first time. He said it was very distracting.

I kept looking at his face for reactions and pausing to ask if he caught that last bit (he gets coding stuck in his head and I have to remind him to get back into the real world). Aside from my being a horrible movie partner, I inadvertently made it about me, instead of him watching it for the first time.

I then forced Mando on to him (I totally knew heā€™d love it, which he did), but I found myself being disappointed that he was way more into The Child than he was the storyline. And when I gave in and decided to be happy about him being into how cute The Child is, thatā€™s when he was finally getting into the storyline.

In our house, itā€™s best to pop that saga bubble together or separately, but staggered is weird. Read the forum, find your views, and the next time one of the movies come on, then you can watch it together and trade questions or notes.

At first I was panicked when the idea was first broached that he might be upset, but I have a feeling he will be excited that you put so much into this to surprise the family.

Personally, Iā€™d be a jerk and try to mislead. Iā€™d make a basket thatā€™s a mixture of Star Trek and Star Wars and pretend you donā€™t know the difference and give it to them the night before your trip. But youā€™d have to have an amazing poker face. Which I donā€™t.

4 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

Today at the local convenience store, one high schooler was training another at the cash register. We were making polite conversation and when the trainee rang up my purchases correctly I smiled at him and said ā€œwell done young padawanā€. They both looked at me like I was crazy. It made meā€¦sad.

5 Likes

I disagree when it comes to the movies. I think expanding with books, comics, or animation seems be acceptable to fans no matter how weird or bad it is (honestly, some is pretty bad). Once you move to live action folks canā€™t seem to move on from the original trilogy. I grew up on that trilogy and it shaped my childhood significantly, but we need to move on from the Skywalkers.

2 Likes

So, advice.

I meant to ask in my last post but got caught up in my own devious trickery and lamenting of my cruddy poker face. I digress. Again.

Clone Wars. If it helps to better explain 1,2,3 and some of Mando, which one should I watch? The cartoon on Disney+ or whatever the movie is. (I recognize whatā€™s her face from the icon next to the clone wars cartoon

1 Like

Sorry to raise such a stir and then ghost! Was not my intention. Obviously you know your spouse best. I would be uoset only because I would feel robbed of your immediate reactions. When we go see new SW movies on opening day; there are still parts that I will stop watching the movie just so I can watch my husbandā€™s face because that reaction will never happen again! Thatā€™s why, as disappointed as I am with the disjointed overarching story line of 7, 8, 9, I still left the theater each time with a sense of immense satisfaction as I got to bask in the exuberant, child-like joy of my husband at certain scenes throughout the trilogy (actuallyā€¦ i canā€™t remember any such scenes in 8, but if I were to rewatch, I might remember differently.)

But if youā€™re going to go off on your own and risk the wrath of your husband(whether knowingly or unknowingly) I think youā€™re doing it the best way. Itā€™s an exciting surprise! And it can be really hard to surprise someone youā€™ve been with for a while.

I would definitely suggest saving something to watch with him though. Rogue One. The Mandalorian. Something. Iā€™m sure heā€™ll love to bask in your newfound fandom just like everyone here has.

3 Likes

Definitely the series, although the movie is basically the first ā€œepisodeā€ of the series. We love the Clone Wars series, and have watched it twice now!

1 Like

Oh, and not that weird looking Clone Wars 2d micro-series that recently showed up under the vintage Star Wars collectionā€¦not sure what that is. I guess Iā€™ll have to check it out, though, since Disney + says it is ā€œessential viewing for all fans of the Forceā€ :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Are you serious? I canā€™t imagine anyone not having a child-like joy reaction to:

Spoilers
  • Kylo Ren killing Snoke + team up with Rey
  • Yoda showing up
  • Holdo maneuver
  • Luke dusting off his shoulder

bare minimum. Even if people have problems with the plot and or character regression, you canā€™t deny the epicness of the ā€œmomentsā€ that Johnson created.

9 Likes

The Clone Wars is not a simple watch. You have to watch at least a dozen episodes to get close to capturing the main arcs. The reddit page below puts each episode in chronological order and gives a ranking (with 7 being must watch down to 1 for skip). The first digit in the episode number is the season, in case that isnā€™t obvious. All episodes are on Disney+.

ETA: I counted 24 ā€œmust watchā€ episodes in the list, counting the ā€œMovieā€ as two.

2 Likes

Only because sheā€™s Starbuck?! And I missed her?!

1 Like