OBNurseNH's Secret Star Wars Viewing Thread

Ah ok. I felt like not ever knowing his real name was going to be significant. Like maybe he was Sol’s brother or something, but then we never found out his real name.

2 Likes

I liked the name given throughout the internet, Smilo Ren. Because of his helmet. And Darth Bortles because of his character’s obsession on The Good Place.

2 Likes

This is what we called him because of The Good Place :rofl:

2 Likes

I really need to see season 2 because this last episode was unsettling!

Now I should add, I liked the series because it was unsettling. It challenged many preconceptions about the Jedi and the Republic while also building on established lore.

But one of the things I like most about Star Wars is that it is a story about hope. This series felt a little like Revenge of the Sith but without the original trilogy redemption arc, which could be still coming. So it’s a bit of a downer without knowing what happens to Mae / Osha.

4 Likes

I liked this part a lot :grin:

2 Likes

Wow! What a finale! I’d be pretty confused if I didn’t have a very Star Wars sexy, I mean savvy, husband.

I was also confused on why Mae couldn’t go with them, and the conclusion was the same- the stranger would have to kill her because of her failure.

It’s so weird how the Jedi are, more and more often, being portrayed as a cult and the “bad guys.” I told my husband, “the original trilogy didn’t make the Jedi out to be like this! My DH’s response? “There were three of them” :joy:

I gasped when what’s her face lied to cover everything up. Bad bad bad! The Yoda cameo was not a big deal to me. Like. Duh. Yoda can show up in ANYTHING pre-OG trilogy.

And lastly, “Cad Bane?!” said I. “No,” says DH. if you don’t want to wait for the next season and want more background on THAT GUY, other than reading spoilers on the internet, you can read Darth Plaguies from 2012 (Legends) and/or Secrets of the Sith from 2021 (Canon)

2 Likes

Just kidding. Secrets of the sith is a an illustrated children’s book on dark side users. If you want to learn some of the lore, you’d be best off reading the novel Darth Plagueis

1 Like

I’ve read the Legends book. It is pretty good. But I don’t mind rewriting history a little.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Not Stars Wars this time, but the NY Pops film score concert next Spring has potential!

4 Likes

So no Acolyte season 2. I think it was affected heavily by the people who decided the show was terrible before it even began, which is a shame. I think they did too little with the episodes they had (looking at you, flashback to what really happened that took 5 episodes to actually complete :joy:) but they had set up some interesting paths and I was looking forward to seeing it through. It also had some characters I found interesting and some great fight scenes.

5 Likes

Agreed. It would have been interesting to see where this went next, and explored more into how the twins came into being. Some fans were put off by the portrayals of Jedi as not always extremely good. I think this series being set in the High Republic was a big disconnect for people who only know the time period covered by the nine main movies and all the other recent Disney+ shows. It was sad that Rebecca Henderson’s character of Vernestra Rwah had such a small piece, since Vernestra is one very significant character that carried forward from several of the High Republic books (but I hadn’t got that far in my own High Republic reading :flushed:).

2 Likes

It’s not like the publicity around the show didn’t make clear that this was going to be a different kind of Star Wars. I get it, but I also feel like it’s a lot of this:
Fans: We’d love to see new stories instead of what feels like rehashed ones involving the same characters all the time.

The Acolyte: exists

Fans: Not like that!

3 Likes

I’m sad that it was cancelled, but I’m hopeful that some of these characters will show up elsewhere and that we’ll eventually get more to the story of Plagueis.

They took a lot of risks in the show. I appreciated that. It wasn’t a carbon(ite) copy of Star Wars. It went in unexpected directions and shone a light on the darkness. Very interesting.

But ultimately it was a little uneven and the main characters (Osha and Mae) were not super likable, tbh. I wanted to like them, and sometimes I did, but then they would make really weird decisions and it left me scratching my head. I was much more interested in Qimir, Sol, Jecki, Indara, Torbin, and Mother Aniseya.

Sigh.

1 Like

I watched all four episodes (that’s all there is) of Lego Star Wars: Rebuild the Galaxy, which premiered yesterday. They were interesting, but it can also be a bit confusing to keep track of who is who. Not only are they Legos (and some characters look very similar to others), but this series mostly takes place in an alternate galaxy where some of the good guys are now bad, and bad ones are now good. Maybe it’s another attempt to have shows that blur the classic distinctions between good and bad. Darth Jar Jar? Jedi Vader? It does use many of the familiar voices - Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Ahmed Best, and Billy Dee Williams, for example.

2 Likes

We watched this last night and we all loved it! Very lighthearted / funny without taking everything too seriously, but still carried weight when it mattered. Very cool visuals, too.

2 Likes

This was amazing :sob:

1 Like

I loved this! I saw it yesterday but should have thought to share it here.

Rey’s theme is one of my top 3 favorite Star Wars themes. (The others are Han Solo and the Princess and Across the Stars.)

1 Like

Yea it’s in my top 3 as well!

1 Like