OBNurseNH's Secret Star Wars Viewing Thread

He’s his own best friend!

1 Like

Just watched episode 7. I have to say, my one annoyance with short series is when the pacing is so weird that they leave a ton of stuff to resolve in the final episode. I don’t mind a slower pace but it needs to be going somewhere over that span. I guess it kind of has but we’re talking 5 or so that all teased what was finally shown. And there’s a lot left to tell with one episode to go, unless they are planning another season.

1 Like

We just watched (actually, I rewatched but on a big TV) episode 7 of The Acolyte. I’m trying to be ready for tomorrow’s finale. I finally caught a mention of something from the first adult novel in the High Empire series. The first three adult novels take place 100 years before this show. It was a very brief mention. I thought this episode showed how easy it is for someone to slip from seemingly good to not so good. Actions have consequences.

2 Likes

What was the mention? I have read one of the books (Light of the Jedi I think?) so may not recognize it but I’m curious.

1 Like

At about 3:10, Indara explains things to Torbin about the planet and says, “A hundred years ago, this planet was catalogued as lifeless, because of a hyperspace disaster.” The Great Hyperspace Disaster was the main event at the start of Light of the Jedi, and had many consequences which made up much of that first book.

2 Likes

Ok yes I did notice that! That was a nice tie-in.

1 Like

We watched the final episode of The Acolyte. This was the longest episode. It’s definitely set up for another season to follow, but that remains to be seen. More namedropping or other character tie-ins. This episode was interesting, with a bit more action and still more verbal sparring. I’m ok with how it ended.

3 Likes

I’m still processing how it ended! :sweat_smile::joy: I thought the show was great overall and really enjoyed this last episode. It was quite the ride!

I am the type of person who accepts the story the way it is and I don’t try to push back on the way things go. But it will take some time for me to process what happened and how it made me feel.

4 Likes

My absolute favorite moment was when Vernestra sensed Qimir and he went like “oh shit, gotta put my helmet back on!” :joy:

Overall I thought the show was ok. It could have been better as it had a decent story idea, but the pacing and editing was really frustrating to me. It had a lot of “this happens because plot” but I give Star Wars a larger berth because it’s kind of part of the deal. I liked Sol and Qimir a lot, and Osha/Mae were fine. I actually thought since it was revealed that they are the same person, they would somehow merge at the end rather than the whole mind wipe thing (which…huh? Since when is that a thing other than droids?) but again, plot requires that Mae be useful somehow to the Jedi.

4 Likes

Me, too.

1 Like

Just watched episode 7, pre-finale. I kept dozing off as most of it was just the first episode but with more perspective. Only at the end did it take a drastic turn from what we’d already been shown. I don’t get why the padawan wanted so badly to leave. Just homesick?

Looking forward to the finale though I have no idea when we’ll get to watch it

4 Likes

Totally agree with this. Though I also thought it was okay.

I was completely frustrated by Sol and never understood his motivation. But the Jedi sense of righteousness and stubbornness always frustrated me, so it didn’t influence my overall feelings of the show that much.

3 Likes

I found all their motivations questionable. This weeks was better paced and more interesting I thought!

4 Likes

I thought this series was pretty good. Not on the level of Andor or the first season of The Madalorian but I enjoyed it. My big question though is why couldn’t Mae leave with them? I know there is the whole “always 2, a master and an apprentice” deal, but she couldn’t she just hang out with them?

2 Likes

I enjoyed it too, and have the same question!

3 Likes

I think it’s because at that point she had failed/betrayed Qimir, and the only other option was for him to kill her. Not strictly because of any rule of two, but he wasn’t going to trust her.

3 Likes

I think we are supposed to see him as ambitious and wanting something more than to examine blades of grass (maybe kind of in an Anakin “I can handle more” way). I also think Aniseya messed with his mind during that first encounter and amplified those feelings in a way that he couldn’t shake. And lastly, plot. :joy:

3 Likes

Do you know this is his name from a book or something? We never caught that his name was given and even in the last episode the closed captioning still called him The Stranger!

3 Likes

Wikipedia is great for knowing character and actor names for shows/movies. That’s my go-to source.

2 Likes

It was the name they used in the early episodes when he was just hanging around Mae. Otherwise he was just referred to as The Stranger in the captions.

2 Likes