OBNurseNH's Secret Star Wars Viewing Thread

Put it back!!!

Then highlight the text, click the gears in the top of the text box, and click Blur Spoiler

(because youā€™re right and thatā€™s what I meant in my reply!)

3 Likes

This isnā€™t a spoiler but since the question is blurred Iā€™ll do the same. I think it was back in the first season, we are told that Grogu is 50 years old.

Also, completely agree with this! Itā€™s getting a little silly.

[quote=ā€œShmebulock, post:2537, topic:76621ā€]
The Mandos need to relocate. If something isnā€™t coming at then from the water is coming out of the sky :roll_eyes:
[/quote]

And I find it hard to believe that the kid wasnā€™t immediately killed/consumed since he was to be food. They had time to run an entire rescue mission with an overnight.

6 Likes

Guess I missed that :rofl:

3 Likes

It definitely stuck with me because itā€™s so weird. Species specific aging process, I guess.

4 Likes

Thanks! Itā€™s been rolling in my brain since we watched at lunch!

2 Likes

Anyone else familiar with the Darth Jar Jar fan theory? This episode is just going to fuel that fire :joy: My husband said this was a very redeeming role for him, considering all the jar jar hate. That Jedi was such a badass! Iā€™m sad he winds up dead. Iā€™d love to see more of him. Wouldnā€™t be opposed to a new show! I love all the giant monsters theyā€™ve shown in this whole series. Itā€™s just the best. So exciting.

5 Likes

I knew he looked familiar!

7 Likes

This was quite possibly my favorite episode of The Mandalorian ever! Such a feast for prequel lovers like myself.

As others have mentioned, the Jedi who saved Grogu from Order 66 is Ahmed Best, the actor who played Jar Jar Binks. The Jedi character ā€” Kelleran Beq ā€” was created for Jedi Temple Challenge, a ā€œLegends of the Hidden Templeā€ spoof that aired on YouTube in 2020, hosted by Best. He is a canonical Jedi. Iā€™m so glad Best gets this redemption moment from the haters. He is such an awesome guy and didnā€™t deserve the hate.My gut tells me that Grogu is being taken to Naboo (that was a Naboo ship with royal guards of the type that protect Padme). And he says heā€™s taking them to ā€œfriends.ā€ I saw someone I trust speculate that he may be going to Gungan City, which would be perfect.

Loved the whole episode!

8 Likes

Iā€™m glad too. I never had anything against the actor, I just canā€™t stand the character and that was completely in the writing/directing.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s completely fair.

Just for background on why I sometimes am super defensive of the prequels and their actors:

Best has shared that unkind words people had to say about his character negatively affected him, whether intentional or not. At one point he was even suicidal. His experience (and that of other actors like Jake Lloyd, Hayden Christensen, Daisy Ridley, and Kelly Marie Tran) have made me realize that celebrities are people and so Iā€™m much more careful about what I say publicly (Twitter / social media) about a character or actor. It can really affect their mental health.

So in addition to liking the prequels, thatā€™s another reason I try to spread positivity about these particular characters and films, cause they are close to my heart and I want the people involved to be appreciated.

7 Likes

I think Iā€™ve said it before, but just to double downā€¦

I really appreciate the level of knowledge you bring to this thread @Jeff_AZ.
Please donā€™t hold back. I love this level of detail and learning new bits of trivia.

I would never in a month of Sundays guessed that the new kick ass jedi was the same actor as Jar Jar.

For the record, I have never not liked Jar Jar, even from first watching episode 1.
Iā€™ve always said that the most annoying character in SW is C3PO. He is so mean to R2 and does my head in.
And, just in case Anthony Daniels is reading this I will add that, I have huge respect for him embracing the role across decades and although Iā€™m not a fan of C3PO, I AM fan of Anthony Daniels :+1:t2::star_struck::star_struck:

6 Likes

But some are people who canā€™t act :woman_shrugging:t4::rofl::rofl:

And if Hayden is reading this then please donā€™t be offended. Youā€™re still doing a better job than I could. :grimacing::+1:t2: And take heart from the fact that @Jeff_AZ loves you enough for the both of us :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

7 Likes

:+1:t3::+1:t3::+1:t3:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Yea itā€™s one thing to dislike characters or movies, but attacking actors is absolutely disgusting. Itā€™s unfortunate how toxic Star Wars fans can be and I absolutely hated how Daisey Ridley and Kelly Marie Tran were treated :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: I stopped reading a lot of online discussions at that time.

Iā€™m sure casting him was partly taking a stance on this and itā€™s very cool he was up to it!

7 Likes

Havenā€™t checked in on this thread for a while, but I am loving the Bad Batch! I hate to compare, but so far Season 3 of Mando has not given me the ā€œfeelsā€ like the Bad Batch has. Iā€™m a bit behind on this thread, but looking forward to reading everyoneā€™s thoughts.

3 Likes

Aside from the Order 66 scene, I think this was quite possibly my least favourite episode :rofl:. Just shows that you canā€™t please all the people all the time. I am so grateful to be experiencing all the Star Wars content we have access to now (not so long ago it was only a few movies), but goodness this episode did not sit well with me. Felt like Grogu was being used for ā€œcute merchā€ appeal and I am really over the megafauna battles. We are half way through this season and Iā€™m struggling to grasp an overarching story for this season. Itā€™s a bit all over the place, and I think the writers have lost their way :face_with_peeking_eye:. Bad Batch on the other hand is getting better and betterā€¦ā€¦

6 Likes

I just shared with DH about Kelleran being Jar Jar.

His reply: meesa didnā€™t know

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

8 Likes

Where has he been? We donā€™t know. But in the very first episode, Mando took the job to find someone that was 50 years old. So we know heā€™s old. Obviously his kind age much slower than the rest of us. Remember he was surprised that it was a child?

Edit: As usual, I should have read to the end before responding.

5 Likes

Lol at DH!! :rofl::rofl::+1:t2::+1:t2:

2 Likes

Itā€™s always worthwhile for you to demonstrate your Star Wars knowledge! Iā€™m impressed! :+1:t3::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl:

3 Likes