OBNurseNH's Secret Star Wars Viewing Thread

Jeff, you would be so proud of me. I haven’t even watched the prequels but knew that we were seeing Order 66!

3 Likes

:clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

(But you should also watch the prequels! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

3 Likes

Absolutely true!!

3 Likes

I thought the same initially but just read a review of the episode that said the reaction could be the Armorer realizes this means the prophecy has begun. (About how the mythosaur will rise and bring a new age of Mandalor, or something like that) It’s interesting anyway and makes me think there is an arc to this season after all. I’ve been confused but patiently waiting.

5 Likes

Yes. The armourer doesn’t reveal much. Quite stoic :laughing:

4 Likes

No one can reveal anything in this show unless they’re talking to Grogu. I kid, I kid, but it’s kind of true. :rofl:

3 Likes

I just watched today’s pair of Bad Batch episodes. They are the last two episodes for this season. Many ingredients of a typical cliffhanger. Some good action scenes. Some drama. Cameo appearance. A not-unexpected-rat. Our heroes in jeopardy. An unexpected connection (I had been wondering about this person’s true attitudes). I can see where the bad guy’s project is trying to aim (as had been speculated in another’s post). I just wish this had ended with a bit more hope, such as a glimpse of an ally’s status. And now I understand the episode’s title, which I thought was a bit of a change compared to what it’s styled after (i.e. they’re not in the same vein after all). I look forward to the next season, and to hopefully some triumphs.

2 Likes

Since I’ve been watching the new episode of The Mandalorian each week at 5 AM before the family gets up to start the day, I’ve been hesitant to post anything since I could be posting spoilers.

I will say that this season has been a disappointment in comparison to the first two seasons but this week’s episode is better. This episode starts to bring things introduced in previous episodes altogether.

The Pirates return and make their presence felt.

This week we get to see The Armorer is a really badass warrior.

Fans of Star Wars Rebels will be excited about this episode.

Several characters from prior episodes return this week.

The New Republic is really in over its head in trying to govern.

We find out more about the fate of Moff Gideon.

The Mandalorians are moving on up and away from large creatures trying to eat them.

Looks like the title for the remainder of this season should really be pluralized and changed to “The Mandalorians”

7 Likes

I’m glad I’ve watched all of that series! But that series is from a few years (and three movies) before The Mandalorian. I love how characters keep showing up throughout the many movies and shows.

4 Likes

Skipping last couple of comments.

Watching episode 5 RN.

@Jeff_AZ what do we know captain Teva from already?? Was he in the prequels? Which fight??

3 Likes

Captain Teva first appeared in the Frog Lady episode of The Mandalorian and later in another episode.

4 Likes

Ah ok.
Thank you :+1:t2:

3 Likes

I’m not watching until tonight at least and so I won’t be unblurring for a while.

3 Likes

Sorry. I shouldn’t have tagged you.
I always just assume that you’ve seen things I haven’t :wink::laughing:

2 Likes

This alone makes it all worthwhile. Best episode of the season for me (possible tie with episode 3). I really can’t criticize much about it but if I had to pick something I’ll say that Kane should really have a mustache to twirl. We get it, she’s up to something. :rofl:
I’m finally looking forward to what happens next instead of patiently waiting. Yay!

Edit: also, I’m really impressed at Tim Meadows pulling off his role without me only hearing his “Ladies Man” sketch. He did great here.

Ugh another edit: Considering Kane’s line about how sometimes people have to be shown the way (paraphrasing), could the entire relocation of the Mandalorians be a plot? Have they just been drawn out by (not sure…the re-budding Empire?) unbeknownst to both them and Karga in order to attack? The link between the pirates and the Empire seems to be planting a seed.

4 Likes

Blurs regarding The Mandalorian Season 3 Episode 5…

I enjoyed episode 5 :+1:t2:

I popped in with my Q above while watching because
I was struggling to place Captain Teva. I actually thought that he was familiar from episodes 7/8/9 but thought that can’t be right because he’d have to be younger in Mando than those. That’s when I wondered if he’d been in the prequels. I didn’t consider that we’d actually seen him in Mando until he was on the (unusually quiet death) beach and Din made reference to a previous encounter.
Thank you @cherokee_jacket for clarifying that for me while I was watching :+1:t2:

I’m still loving the Anzellans. They’re just the cutest. :heart_eyes:

There were so many things in this episode that made me think of Galaxy Quest. One of the pirates really looks like the bad guy from GQ…

And then the Mandos doing their Thermian-style salute thing to Greef Karga…

I was lolling. As soon as they did that I turned to DH and said ‘Never Give Up, Never Surrender’ :rofl::rofl:
Have they made that gesture before? I haven’t noticed it being quite so Galaxy Questy before :thinking::rofl:

I thought it was a bit of a stretch to go straight to assuming that Mandalorians had freed Mof G just because a piece of beskar was at the scene. That shit wouldn’t fly if this was a legal drama! :laughing:
Loads of people have beskar - Boba Fett, Timothy Olyphant, not to mention how much the empire must still have from the great purge :woman_shrugging:t4:

However, with that seed planted, I wonder if Katee Sackhoff will end up trying to unite with a group of Mandos who turn out to be in cahoots with Mof G.

Oh and I called it on her helmet removal, but I certainly didn’t think it would be Armourer approved :smiley::laughing:

6 Likes

Ooh, sinister!!!

2 Likes

It was so hard not to come into this thread all day!! :grin:

Yes!!

:rofl::rofl:

This was a great episode, aside from the low screen time for Grogu!

So we’re all in agreement that Kane is still working for Moff Gideon right?

Is it possible the other Mandy’s were just hired to break him out?

3 Likes

I keep thinking of more things. I did not see it coming that The Armorer would bend the faith. I knew she seemed to realize that the prophecy may be coming into play, but i wasn’t thinking it would make her rethink the hardline stance. I was a lot more sure that Bo-Katan would adopt the hardline stance.

5 Likes

I’m watching now and just waiting for [spoiler]

Colonel Tuttle to tell Captain Teva he can help, if he can set him up with some ladies. :rofl::rofl:

5 Likes