OBNurseNH's Secret Star Wars Viewing Thread

I need more @Jeff_AZ and his blind optimism for all things Star Wars. Less of @Randall1028’s harsh criticism

6 Likes

Ha ha. I am used to people having negative opinions on Star Wars, and they’re welcome to have them.

I personally love the slow burn, getting to know the characters and building up exposition. This series has done such a good job of making me invested in a completely new set of characters, and has done a lot of world building beyond even what we’ve seen with other movies and shows to date. There is so much to explore in this sandbox of a galaxy and I’m here for all of it! :blush:

4 Likes

I liked Andor a lot and didn’t think it was slow at all. Boba felt much more slow burning.

4 Likes

It’s amazing to think that Book of Boba Fett, Kenobi, and Andor were all made by the same studio and take place in the same galaxy. The styles are so completely different from each other. Obviously they have different creative teams and Andor was shot more on location and sets compared with the Volume for the other shows, but still. I find the diversity of textures and tones to be so rich. We are hashtag blessed.

3 Likes

I hadn’t seen Rogue One since we saw it in the theatre the first week it was out.

I got my latest COVID booster yesterday (first Moderna and the bivalent!) and it kind of knocked me on my keister today, so I came home early and watched it before we start Andor.

I completely forgot what an absolutely great movie it is.

And I think the full Jyn Erso Hope Suite might be one of the best pieces of movie music.

6 Likes

Absolutely. I love it so much - all the music in Rogue One is so good.

2 Likes

3 seconds in and I have chills

4 Likes

Are they multiplyin’?

5 Likes

I’m loooooosing controool :man_dancing:

3 Likes

I just watched today’s episode of Andor. I liked it a lot. Lots of quiet discussions and strategizing by the various key groups - Andor, Mon Mothma, and Imperials. Oh, also the disgraced security leader from last week. I really look forward to seeing how the rebels’ plan plays out. As far as settings - there is such a contrast (scenery, clothing, daily activities) between the rebels and Mon Mothma. She has such gorgeous, smooth clothing and home! I’m seeing a trend in Andor’s personal life - plucked out of one place and plopped into another, very different, situation where he’s not in control.

3 Likes

I just watched today’s episode of Andor (#5). Be patient, it’s a quiet one without much action. But you can tell that things are building. The tension. The suspense. There had better be a heck of a doing when the plan all comes together! An…ti…ci…-…pation!

3 Likes

We are making our way through Andor. I’m enjoying it but not loving it. I definitely find it slow and ambling.

We just watched an episode last night I think it’s the one that @mkmuzzy refers to from their post 11 days ago based on the disgraced security leader mention. Episode 4: Aldhani

I wonder if anyone else thought it interesting, or if I’m just “too woke” by now (best way I can think of to describe it) that the white man pitted the woman and the black man against each other (Security Bureau). Just a random, probably not plot-critical but more real-life, observation.

5 Likes

It is definitely building up to something.

3 Likes

I’m loving it!! It’s my favorite Star Wars thing since Rouge One!!

4 Likes

Is that anything like Rogue One or more like blushing singleton

6 Likes

:rofl: I’ve been thinking it might be time to get my eyes checked again

3 Likes

Andor 6… OMG this was good! I could already feel the suspense in the last episode and it was so well carried into the mission. I was shaking for most of what was one of the best episodes in any of the SW series.

5 Likes

I love Andor! It is a lot better than I had anticipated it would be.

Each episode has pulled me right back into the feels and atmosphere of Rogue One. The scenery is amazing.

I think the slow pacing is done to give you a sense of how the early rebels feel. The feeling of hopelessness. The powerhouse of an empire is in control and everyone is demoralized under the rule of the empire. Any movement for the rebels takes an extreme amount of effort when they are fighting against the momentum of the empire at this stage.

I did not think I would care about Cassian’s backstory, but I was definitely wrong.

I can’t wait for them to develop a series telling me the back story of Jyn Erso.

5 Likes

This

3 Likes

This episode was SOOOO good! And I’ve loved all of them. This one was especially tense. Masterfully done. I can’t wait to find out what happens next.

I think Jyn is my favorite character from RO but I adore Cassian and was really interested in this story, especially since it is telling the parallel story of Mon Mothma (which is one of my favorite parts of this series - Coruscant is my favorite planet in Star Wars).

I can’t give it enough stars. Appropriate.

7 Likes