OBNurseNH's Secret Star Wars Viewing Thread

Behind the scenes! :rofl:

3 Likes

Not if you work with the PA I work with who is OBSESSED.
It’s worse than being Rick Rolled on a daily basis.

4 Likes

Me too! More so than I was for Boba Fett and Obi Wan :grimacing:

2 Likes

Thanks for mentioning this one. I just watched it. Wow. All the feels. It helps give even more depth to some of the characters. The way Obi-Wan (series) connects to all the past (episodes 1-3) and the future (4-6) … this BTS was powerful.

6 Likes

:rofl::rofl: There is actually some kind of BTS "Permission to Dance " thing been added for D+ Day :woman_shrugging:t4::rofl:

3 Likes

Settled in to watch the preview of Andor and the bts for Obi-Wan. Albert was excited for some Star Wars! :joy:

7 Likes

That’s his MF catnip toy in case you don’t recognize it!

5 Likes

Just watched it and kept choking up through the entire thing - Disney is so damn good with these!

5 Likes

This abbreviation always throws me till I remember what we’re talking about. :rofl:

11 Likes

Watched both last night, and they were so good!

1. I can’t wait for Andor. It looks as good of quality and scope as a movie, except it’s going to be 2 seasons of 12 episodes each. We live in a blessed age.

2. The Obi-Wan BTS special was beautiful. Really brought home the emotional impact of the series, which was more intimate than Andor, but so special to watch for prequel fans.

8 Likes

Both are correct! :wink:

4 Likes

I agree! So excited about Andor.

4 Likes

DH and I just watched the first three episodes of Andor (they were released today). I look forward to seeing the rest of this series. It made sense to have the premiere be 3 episodes (about a half-hour each) since it had so much backstory it was trying to tell and it didn’t really kick into high gear until well into the third one. The setting is a much grittier, dirty industrial setting, and the music matches that. My favorite part was about the 28 min mark of episode 3. I hope we get to see some of those people again.

(Continuous rhythmic banging by villagers)
Maarva: It gets you, doesn’t it?
Pre-Mor Officer (looking out the window): Shite!
Maarva: That’s what a reckoning sounds like. You want it to stop, but it just keeps coming.
Pre-Mor Officer: I told you to shut up!
Maarva: It’s when it stops, that’s when you really want to start to fret.
Pre-Mor Officer: Why? What happens then?
Maarva:… crickets…

4 Likes

I only watched episode 1 but :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

I love it so much already!!! I just can’t wait to see the rest of it. I won’t binge 2&3 though. I like the slow burn. I like the anticipation. If I spread them out enough, then I’ll be all prepped and ready for when ep 4 comes out

5 Likes

I loved it! Definitely a bit darker than anything we’ve seen in Star Wars, but not too much. I agree it sets things up in the first two episodes and episode three is where it really gets going. Wish there was a new one tomorrwo! :joy:

4 Likes

I guess I watched a different show? Cause I was friggin bored almost the whole way to the point where I nearly turned it off. 3 episodes and NOTHING HAPPENED until the last 2 minutes of the last 2 episodes. Actually, not even the 2nd episode because as it was wrapping up, I actually sat there thinking “wait, that’s it?”

When it first started off, I thought “ooookay! Here we go! :smiley:” but then it just puttered into stagnant storytelling. Ugh, and then the pointless flashbacks. Yes, we needed to spend almost a full 30 minutes on figuring out why Aunt Petunia is considered “his mom.” And that …Bix(?), Bricks(?), Biggs(?) (I had headphones on and I still couldn’t hear her name clearly cause they mumble so much) was his sister. :roll_eyes:

I don’t care about any of the characters so far, not even Andor. Doesn’t help that they mumble or don’t say their names. The one I care about the most is the droid of all things.

No wonder they released all 3 at once, nothing happened of interest past the first 5 minutes and the last 2 minutes.

I mean, it’s not all bad, the sets are really cool looking and the acting is fine. Special effects are great (but that’s to be expected more than anything at this point).

I hope it picks up, cause this is more boring than Boba Fett.

4 Likes

I totally agree with you on that. Like I’d said in my post, “It made sense to have the premiere be 3 episodes since it had so much backstory it was trying to tell and it didn’t really kick into high gear until well into the third one.” If they had shown just one per week, I think they’d lose more viewers. But I will stick with it just to see it through, and hope it gets better.

2 Likes

I agree with you except the “so much backstory” thing. There was no backstory (certainly nothing that was that important). Everything that was needed could have been summed up better and far quicker than how they handled it. The whole “love story” was pointless and had zero pay off. Did ANYONE feel bad for either of them when it ended? I sure didn’t.

There was a lot of world-building, which I usually love …until you realize we’ll be likely abandoning this planet for the rest of the series outside of maybe a quick pop in to “check in on the family”. So it’s all wasted effort that could have better been spent getting the overarching story going instead of establishing “this place is a dump.”

You know what this origin planet SHOULD have been? Batuu. It looks almost the same, and they’re leaving anyway, so it could have just been a different part other than BSO.

(Which, btw, I found hilarious when the old guy was basically complaining about paying for parking. My mind immediately drew a correlation to him complaining about the Parks, especially when the cost was just about what it is for preferred parking :rofl: . “They want us to pay money to come and spend money.”)

4 Likes

Valid point. I should have said “So much TIME spent on backstory.”

4 Likes

4 Likes