Note J18

Oh my God. We are soulmates.

6 Likes

To paraphrase the late Ron Ziegler, press secretary to the equally dead former president Richard M. Nixon, that statement is inoperative.

4 Likes

There he is! Was just thinking of you! A little Deacon Blue as I readied myself to to to the ballgame. (Not the Red Sox)

2 Likes

Cats come and go at the oddest times.

6 Likes

We stayed at All Star Sports and had a great coffee maker with real ice cold milk. Itā€™s called the food court. DDP gave us refillable mugs and all the coffee my wife could drink. Now Iā€™m sure this will make some upset but I canā€™t stand coffee, the taste or the smell. I have made millions of pots of coffee I worked for the busiest coffee store WAWA had at one point in time coffee rush started at 4am and did not stop till 10am. I might win some favor with my friends from the UK with this, I love a good cup of tea though. Tea any way, plain, wilk, sugar, sweetener, honey, hot, cold, iced, just not hot with lemon or chi.

1 Like

Maybe it was my years in the Navy drinking sludge, but Iā€™m pretty easy; as long as it tastes somewhat like coffee, and smells somewhat like coffee, Iā€™m OK with it. Of course freshly burr-ground 100% Kona or Blue Mountain brewed at precisely the correct temperature for precisely the right amount of time using only fresh spring water is wonderful, but I wonā€™t turn my nose up at Folgerā€™s made with tap water if thatā€™s whatā€™s available. There is one exception - I CANNOT stand instant coffee. I donā€™t care if itā€™s NescafĆ©, Tasters Choice, or Starbucks - thereā€™s a chemical taste that I just cannot do. On a daily basis I drink my coffee black, but if Iā€™m out at a coffee shop Iā€™ll have a mocha or a latte - or maybe just do a cafe au lair. Coffee must be hot; I have no use for iced coffee or the ā€œcoffee milkshakesā€ that are so popular at coffee shops.

3 Likes

I am not a coffee drinker, either. I much prefer a big glass of ice water in the morning. I do love hot chocolate. So the closest I get to coffee is mocha (with an extra shot of chocolate). I like hot tea as well, but no sugar or honey.

1 Like

LIES!!! Thereā€™s this persistent urban legend that Disney ā€œhotelsā€ are full-service venues with climate control, running water, electricity, and food service. Just look at the number of chat threads beseeching the wisdom of those who trod the dangerous and lonely road before as to the places one might secure the basic necessities of life before stepping off into the terra incognita of WDW.

While I last stayed deluxe in nineteen-dickedy-doo, I have perused the Instagrammophoneā„¢ and seen that the Polynesian Tiki-Tacky Retirement Palace is using for guest accommodations the very Boy Scout tents from Camp Aquila in New Milford, Connecticut, my troop helped strike in the fall of 1984 when the Council sold off the land. And they were old then!

8 Likes

What does this ramble have to do with coffee at the food court?

3 Likes

Joe, meet Kitteh. Play nice. Youā€™re both friends of mine.

5 Likes

Iā€™m trying but I read it 4 times and Iā€™m still lost need some help understanding thatā€™s all

2 Likes

Excuse me, Ms. DVC Stooge. Your Disney apologia wonā€™t stand in the way of brave truth-telling.

4 Likes

Lol, are you the only one allowed to call @BGK ā€œkittenā€? Whenever I ā€œseeā€ him I think ā€œ King Catā€.

2 Likes

brickface

7 Likes

See? Regal!

2 Likes

^^^^ Thisā€¦:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Oh myā€¦I have missed the roar of the KING KAT!! :rofl:

4 Likes

Then youā€™re doing fine. :wink::crazy_face:

2 Likes

KitteH not kitteN

He is the King Cat tho

2 Likes

White chocolate, while poorly named indeed, is delicious.

3 Likes