Note J18

23 Likes

That’s an interesting observation. I think most people here in the US use some kind of creamer or non-dairy creamer. I use half-and-half. When I stayed at Pop in January and had brought my French Press, I just went to the quick service, purchased a small beverage (to receive the cup, and to not feel like I was stealing) and filled the cup with half and half. I stored that in my in-room refrigerator so as to have what I needed each day.

Easily Poly. Everyone knows accommodations at WDW are well overpriced (but we pay them anyway, and happily).

That place is GORGEOUS, Matthew! That view has me swooning! And three bedrooms? Who will travel with? Or will you and Calvin just enjoy sprawling throughout?

3 Likes

That’s a beautiful house. Looks like a fabulous place for a 50th birthday celebration.

1 Like

That looks amazing.
I always ended up buying a small carton of milk on the walk out of the parks at night. I am not a nice person without my coffee fix first thing in the morning!:japanese_ogre:

1 Like

That’s gorgeous! And I think we can assume it’s the Poly.

1 Like

He’s inviting us all. Party on.

13 Likes

Well, bust my buttons! I was hoping so!

6 Likes

Yup. 25% more expensive.

Well, as you all know, I don’t have any actual friends in real life, so I’m not sure whether it’ll just be the two of us (it was last time we went) or whether I’ll find some people to take with me. Preferably someone who can cook!

1 Like

As with many grocery items here in the US, there are so many different dairy options people prefer- cream, half-and-half, whole milk, 2%, skim, lactose-free, soy, almond, coconut, etc. And dairy doesn’t last very long, so I can see why they wouldn’t include it in the room. Much would probably get wasted. We’ll be getting a grocery order delivered and it will definitely include half-and-half.

Gorgeous house and grounds- looks like a lovely place to celebrate a birthday weekend. And the fact that Calvin can be there, too, is priceless.

2 Likes

Well, I fold.

5 Likes

Oh. I guess I’m not invited after all.

4 Likes

That looks incredible! It’s probably cheaper than the Poly for one night.

I would think that they don’t put little bottles of milk in the refrigerators because of the possibility of spoilage. Putting milk in coffee is not very common here in the US. I prefer heavy cream or half and half. It would be great if they put the little half and half cups. Those are shelf-stable. They are also more expensive.

1 Like

You and me can go somewhere else together and order off the menu :wink:

6 Likes

Did they replace the machine that didn’t work? Believe it or not, the coffee machine was one reason my mom insisted on bumping up to a deluxe. (nevermind we could have bought lattes everyday with the money we’d save in a cheaper room)

1 Like

No-one loves America or Americans more than me, but — oh good God — you people are nuts. I remember being in some restaurant at WDW during this year’s trip and listening in to the guy on the table next to me placing his order. Oh, wait! I remember now! It was breakfast at 1900PF. At the omelette station. He wanted an egg-white omelette — which quite obviously isn’t a thing. And then low-sodium ham (the chef had to go out back to find some) and all kinds of other nonsense. I was like, Buddy! You’re on vacation! Live a little. Jeesh.

12 Likes

Excellent plan.

2 Likes

I’m British. I stoically put up with it and didn’t say anything. Actually, I did mention it when I checked out. More for information and for the benefit of the next guest.

3 Likes

I paid £500 for one night. I think I’m entitled to something other than white powder.

3 Likes

I agree with you there. However, Disney obviously doesn’t care what we think.

2 Likes

Well, maybe US guests just don’t expect things like actual milk. Yet there was mouthwash and aftersun.

3 Likes