Note J18

No, when we booked the WL I looked into what came with the coffee maker in the room and was surprised that it was powdered milk and not those little creamer cups. You are absolutely right- for that much money, there should be some real dairy available.

3 Likes

Except think of whatā€™s wasted already. How many half-used bottles of shampoo (etc) get thrown away every day. And thatā€™s got to be worse for the environment that throwing away unused milk. Not sure which is cheaper.

2 Likes

Yeah, and I forgot for a second about those creamer cups that last forever. So, I agree, they have no excuses!!!

4 Likes

I know some places have started using the dispenser type bottles that stay there, and probably get filled. Of course, some of us take the little bottles and bring them home for when kids, or whoever, run out of shampoo. I canā€™t use the stuff due to my allergies, but I loved the little bottles with Mickey Ears.

3 Likes

What a beautiful cabin!

I just grabbed a carton of half and half at the shop downstairs when we were there in May for my morning coffee. It was surprisingly affordable for being a Disney shop!

I still wish I could travel with my Nespresso machine though. Iā€™m so spoiled with coffee now.

2 Likes

French. Press.

Travels more easily. Brews way better coffee.

4 Likes

Iā€™m thinking about bringing my Keurig. What type of coffee makers are in AKL Jambo House (non-DVC)?

But with that Florida water? :face_vomiting: my in room coffee was disgusting. Even at the beach in SC last week we started using bottled water to make coffee. Lesson learned for next FL trip.

2 Likes

We bring filtered water with us. DH wonā€™t use plastic bottles, so we have gallon glass jugs that we fill at Earth Fare or Whole Foods. Itā€™s a pain to pack up, but we drive. If we didnā€™t have that option, weā€™d just order bottled water from a grocery delivery place.

2 Likes

Bottled water.

Wow! What a beautiful cabin! I drink skim milk in my coffee. I can usually find whole milk hiding for coffee in a Disney food court but with DVC I add it to my garden grocer order.

1 Like

When Iā€™m elected President of the USA, my first order of business will be to ban skimmed milk. ā€œHereā€™s something natural and delicious! Letā€™s water it down and make it disgusting and pointless.ā€ Itā€™s a crime against nature!

10 Likes

Oh my. Silly. You canā€™t be elected President of the USA. Your British accent would be a dead giveawayā€¦

2 Likes

Yes, but I look at whole milk products and I can give pounds so let me live in my own fantasy world- ok?

It isnā€™t watered down at all. That is a fallacy. They just skim off the fat. Nothing added, just stuff taken away.

I drank skim milk almost my entire life thanks to science. Now, thanks to science, we drink whole milk. Gotta love science. It is so wishy washy.

2 Likes

Yeah. Flavour.

Itā€™s like what theyā€™ve done at McDonaldā€™s in the UK. They took out the fat and the salt. So now youā€™re basically eating cardboard.

I canā€™t. Because in that world there are monsters. Like ā€œwhiteā€ chocolate. ā€œLetā€™s take something delicious and ruin it by taking the deliciousness out of it.ā€ White ā€œchocolateā€ is not chocolate. It is an abomination.

7 Likes

So now would not be a good time to tell you that in my fantasy world my castle is made of white chocolate? Ok- Iā€™ll mention that another day.

5 Likes

I knew I liked you.

3 Likes

We can get him a voice coach! They can work on that! I have been blindsided by more than one celebrity who speaks perfectly good American but turns out to be a Brit!

4 Likes

Yeah, the good stuff!

I drink 2% which is a fair compromise. But when I indulge and have the real deal.

2 Likes