Note J18

My luck I would break the thing. I do use one at home sometimes. My favorite thing about my Nespresso machine is the milk frother :heart_eyes: My Starbucks expenditure has dropped so low they sent me an email. :joy: (I am always on the go, and while Starbucks isn’t my favorite, I know I can order a latte and not die later)

My mom always makes French press when she comes to stay (which is like weekly, I kinda run a halfway house it seems!). Soooo yummy!!!

1 Like

*raises hand

Can I join you two?! I HATE using the word white chocolate. Although it’s really great to make sure my buttercream frosting withstands Heat. But it is NOT CHOCOLATE PEOPLE.

Gah.

I love y’all. Seriously.

5 Likes

I kept all packaging including bubble wrap. It’s well protected during travel.

2 Likes

Behold, the Aeropress

5 Likes

And this is why liners are the best.

Now how to figure out justifying buying one when it’s not an essential item and I am on a MASSIVE shopping ban. :face_with_monocle:

All ideas welcome. :joy:

2 Likes

My dad would only put whole milk in his tea or coffee. I sat through many a speech where he imparted his complete disdain for half and half/creamer to all kinds of waitstaff.

3 Likes

Necessities are always an exception to such a ban, aren’t they…food, drink?? :sunglasses:

1 Like

But, it sounds like it is an essential item for your travel needs. And it’s not too expensive- it costs less than 10 lattes at Starbucks, so would basically pay for itself on a 10 day trip. (How did I do in the convincing department?)

My husband bought a La Pavoni manual espresso machine last year and has ruined me for lattes almost anywhere else. It’s already paid for itself with all the daily lattes I haven’t bought, but the worst part is, only he has the magic touch. I can’t make a good coffee with it to save my life. And it’s not portable, so when we travel, it stays home and I count down the days until I can get good coffee again.

1 Like

Come on, guys. White chocolate is appropriately named. It comes from the cocoa bean just the same. It is primarily cocoa butter. Now, I am a dark chocolate kind of guy. In fact, dark chocolate covered almonds are my night time ritual and the closest thing to a nightcap I come. And while I am not a huge fan of white chocolate, I would choose white chocolate over vanilla any day!

I make a delicious neopolitan cheesecake. Three layers. Two of them are strawberry and semisweet chocolate, as you would expect. But the third layers swaps the traditional vanilla for white chocolate. Much better!

2 Likes

100% disagree… white chocolate is awful.

I am all over the dark chocolate covered almonds though… have you tried Trader Joe’s Sea Salt & Turbinado Sugar Dark Chocolate Almonds? Best.Thing.Ever!!!

3 Likes

Speaking as someone who consideres chocolate to be a “flavor” and not one of the essential food groups, white chocolate is not my favorite to just eat by itself, but I have to say I have some pretty tasty baking and candy making applications…

2 Likes

I haven’t, but then I don’t generally like things where salt is in the name of the flavor. I am not a salty person. In fact, I am the type who scrapes the salt off his soft pretzels!

Anyhow, as @bswan26 said, white chocolate is good as a part of a larger confection. But I don’t usually eat it by itself, unless the brown kind isn’t available!

3 Likes

Definitely give them a try if you have the opportunity!

i need to know where that cabin is, always on the look out for somewhere doggy friendly . Im based your side of the pond

1 Like

Just to join in…I Hate White chocolate, in fact I don’t know how you guys (Americans) even like your own brown chocolate! :wink:
Got to have real milk in all hot beverages, love iced coffee (and instant) hate iced tea…
@BGK…always makes me laugh…even if I haven’t a clue what’s being said!
Cabin looks fab @profmatt… I’m no cook either, so I’m out…
A U.K. president…interesting :wink:

3 Likes

THIS! And I should add that I am American and only like the European chocolate. I guess I’m a chocolate snob :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Don’t get out near Trader Joe’s too often, but next time I’m over there, I’ll have to see what they have.

Since I mostly shop at Aldi, I generally buy their chocolate! We once ran into a lady from Germany (I think it was) at our local Aldi. She said she comes there explicitly for their chocolate since it is better than most of the stuff found in the grocery stores. I’m not sure how true that is, although I’m not a big fan of Hershey or Nestle chocolate. I won’t turn it down if offered, though. It is chocolate, after all! But it isn’t my first choice, for sure.

2 Likes

TJ’s also has a nice pack of three Dark Chocolate bars…with or without almonds. They sell them near the register. We generally have some of each in the fridge at home. For a long time I had the kids convinced that two squares of the dark chocolate candy bar were dessert! :wink:

Here’s an add on to this conversation, a bit of a word problem if you will. If anyone on this thread is at all good with math(s), perhaps they can advise appropriately.

I currently have enough half and half to last me one, max two, cups of coffee I am working three nights out of the next 5. Most times when I am working I get my coffee on my way in to work and so I usually don’t need to have a cup on those days. Really, that leaves 2 mornings left for cups of coffee, with perhaps just enough half and half. But maybe not. And as discussed above, there really is no substitute. Do I:

• Take a chance that I can stretch the current supply sufficiently

• Buy a new container, knowing most will get wasted as we go on our beach vacation

• Borrow some from work

Waiting anxiously for direction on this.

1 Like

Borrow some from work!

2 Likes