No more virtual queue for ROTR?

(I was kind of running with it though. Disney keeps coming at us with dirty play)

1 Like

I’m in the same position. I got BGs both times we went last year (though, one time the ride never opened) and figured that wasn’t something I had to worry about for next month’s trip. I was planning to get a BG and rope drop Slinky, but now that may be out the window.

It looks like Lightning Lane is coming very soon and that I will end up buying it for one of these rides.

1 Like

Well, unfortunately, that tilts the balance more to on-site. Because that half-hour early entry will be critical.

Reminds me of Hagrid’s, how it switched back and forth between standby and virtual.

I don’t know what I think about this. People screamed that there wasn’t a standby line and now people will scream that there is. Hopefully not the same people.

ETA: I am the early bird in the family. While the family is quite willing to get up early on vacation, I could see them grumbling about what they perceived as excessively early UNLESS it was for Star Wars. So, my butt is covered on this issue.

ETA2: Our original plan was to do Disney one year after Star Wars was built to give time for the shine to rub off. Looks like that will have happened before Feb 2022 (our trip)

8 Likes

“We know our guests love choice and flexibility when planning their time in a theme park”

Sounds a little like:
“Built right into the My Disney Experience app, Disney Genie service will maximize your park time, so you can have more fun.”

It’s ALWAYS great news folks :joy:

5 Likes

Just FYI that they SAY this in Paris, but I have not seen those prices change a single Euro cent since I started watching. And Autopia is the longest line I stood in in all of Disneyland Park but somehow the cheapest one. We waited under 15 minutes (most) times for Buzz (yes we rode 5 times) and that is the most expensive one.

2 Likes

4 Likes

I have a feeling WDW 'Merica will do a better job matching price to demand. :wink:

4 Likes

…and I am now expecting them to debut Genie/Genie+/LL before 10/1.

Either they go back to the virtual queue for the crowds, or make money on the fact that a whole bunch of people will be there and they will almost all want to ride ROTR…and be willing to pay to do so!

5 Likes

I am wondering if they have moved the timeline up.

1 Like

Y’all better hush up about this accelerated timeline. I certainly hope not.

3 Likes

I think it will be a LL+ ride. With either a VQ again or standby.

I think this might be a way of testing out / showcasing what stand-by waits will look like in preparation for the LL+ option coming.

I

4 Likes

Lets assume you are willing to pay for the RotR LL, (whatever the cost may be) and you are staying on site. If almost everyone rope drops RotR during the extra morning magic 1/2 hour, you could have an easy start to the day: jump on SDD first and then probably get done two more rides (MFSR and TMM or RNR and TOT) before the off site people even step foot in the park. At what cost though…hmmmm.

2 Likes

I think that’s looking like our plan. ROTR will probably be more expensive and lead to more of the early rope drop crowd. I’m thinking rope drop Slinky and then head to MFSR and try to get an early LL+ for ROTR.

1 Like

I am people, but my position was prior to LL being introduced. I would like the opportunity to stand in line, but don’t want to compete with guests who paid. They will get priority.

4 Likes

Well if boarding passes don’t come back, we will just hop in line before closing our last night in DW, which we were planning on spending at HS. Since we are leaving the next day, the size of the line won’t really matter. I’m not paying for a lightening pass for 5 people.

3 Likes

I know. I don’t want to be a guinea pig.

5 Likes

Exactly. BGs can be stressful, but the first day of a change is going to be worse.

3 Likes

I do wonder how long it will take Touring Plans to get enough standby data. I would imagine 2 - 4 weeks…So, maybe, they could get it into an October update?

1 Like

I think they’re going to open this up to standby before $LL starts to build up a perceived “need” to purchase the $LL once visitors see just how long the standby line will be.

11 Likes

It’s also possible they’ve realised having two VQs going at once will over-load the system. And since they’ve announced a VQ for the opening of Remy then they’re suspending it for Rise for now.

4 Likes