No more virtual queue for ROTR?

https://twitter.com/ScottGustin/status/1438580218747228165

3 Likes

WOW, this is huge! No more early morning board group rush (at least for ROTR) looks like Remy will take that spot,

The official word from Disney Parks Blog.

1 Like

Well, I guess that is off the table on the 26th. Thanks for posting.

2 Likes

Makes you wonder how much of the queue is going to be paid LL passes now

7 Likes

:astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

1 Like

Wow! I’m not sure how I feel about this.

On the one hand, I’m glad they’re at least trying this, even if they reinstate it the next day. It’s quite possible the wait will be reasonable. Maybe even the same length it normally is after you report with your BG.

On the other hand, since I’m confident in my ability to get a BG, it was nice to have that comfort in not having to worry about that line. I guess we’ll see how it goes.

8 Likes

Do we know how much the “one off” lightning lanes will cost? I assume that will be the bulk of the capacity for this going forward, right?

3 Likes

Guess this thread gets to be retired!

Feel like your child has grown up and is moving out of the house? :smiley:

5 Likes

Same boat.

Loving the idea of not needing to play the lottery at 7AM…buuuut not loving the idea of needing to wait a lonnnnng time to ride it now.

6 Likes

Ahem…

9 Likes

is HS really THAT dead right now?

2 Likes

Wonder what it might look like when it comes back.

Will it part of a bigger overall program through Genie+ ?

1 Like

just a guess…

12 Likes

I will be very curious to get data on this, but I suspect most people will not cough up the dough to pay for LL+. It could be a similar ratio to Express Pass at UOR.

2 Likes

Yep. Just the other day the Virtual Queue stayed open from 1 to 2pm

1 Like

Well, crap. That’s our HS day.

4 Likes

Ok so how insane is rope drop going to be now?

2 Likes

Guinea pigs! :joy:

2 Likes

I really need major planning items to stop changing …daily.

Dd20 and I arrive in 14 days and hands down this has been the most difficult trip to plan for, even moreso than when I traveled w/ a 2yo and a 6.5yo (both REALLY picky eaters). What is open/closed, IT issues, not making ADR windows open when they are supposed to, Early Entry, extra late hours for deluxe, $$$ parties with limited dates, etc. This switch is just icing (frosting?) on the planning chaos cake.

Hopefully with it starting on the 23rd we can get a handle on how to plan for ROTR before my DHS day on 10/3.

12 Likes

Maybe a little better? Split off more people from SDD.

7 Likes