No Idea šŸ˜³

This is my DH. No interest in the planning process whatsoever, then a few days before the trip he asks ā€œhow come weā€™re not eating in x restaurant?ā€. Uh, because nobody told me they wanted to. Even our 4 year old is quite involved in the planning and always knows a few restaurants she wants to go to well before the 180 day mark, so why canā€™t he??

3 Likes

Yep, my DH does this too. All of a sudden, heā€™ll have an opinion. This trip itā€™s been before final plans are in place, but after I thought Iā€™d planned things out well. Of course, Disney is also changing things up, which has me questioning my original plans. FPP day hasnā€™t come yet and Iā€™m debating whether or not to completely change the itinerary. So, I kinda donā€™t blame him for being confused.

3 Likes

Perhaps you should tell her that sheā€™s staying at the Hollywood Tower Hotel.

Yes, I am occasionally a Terrible Person.

8 Likes

I know I have the Disney obsession bad when my Disney-obsessed wife starts looking worried when I go on and on about our Disney trip(s) and says, ā€œWow. You really ARE obsessed.ā€

My latest obsession is that I went through about 300 potential Homeaway rental properties and narrowed them down to 20 possibilities. I have sent my wife and kids each a series of voting run-offs where they can rank which they like better. There are four preliminary rounds, and then one final round. We are currently on round 2, about to start round 3. There are also tiers, because if my son and daughter-in-law decide they will come, then I have to pick from the 5 bedroom options.

Of course, I have a spreadsheet where I can average the votes, and optionally include pricing in the ranking as well.

Initially, I gave them 20 properties to rank, but they all said, ā€œDad, this is too many to choose between.ā€

I then said, ā€œI went through 300. The least you can do is go through the last 20!ā€

Well, apparently I was wrong. The least they can do is go through 5 properties at a time. :smiley:

8 Likes

You are so much my kind of Terrible Person!! :joy::joy:

3 Likes

I think I must have the most unusual DW ever.

I asked her a few times what sheā€™d like to do while leading up to our last trip - she said she didnā€™t really have preferences.

She didnā€™t give me any grief the whole trip about the plans I had made.

When I asked everyone what their favorite part of our trip had been, her first response was ā€œThat I didnā€™t have to do any of the planning!ā€

7 Likes

Ha! This reminds me of the way my DH and I planned our wedding. I looked at ALL possible vendors and narrowed them down to the top three choices. He then weighed in on only those top three and was perfectly happy with only having to consider the limited choices. We have now adopted this policy across most decisions in our marriage (i.e. which childcare to which to send our children, which apartment complex in which to live, etc.) It totally works!

The only decisions this policy does not work on is WDW trips! He is as all-in on planning as I am, so thankfully he is not opposed to conversations about potential ADR choices for our next trip at any time (even when, like now, our next trip is more than a year out!)

2 Likes

:rofl: I feel your pain

2 Likes

This thread is really awesome !!! :grin::grin::grin:

2 Likes

IDEA: You need to have this printed on the back of all the t-shirts you wear in park. :wink:

14 Likes

Now thatā€™s a great idea lol

2 Likes

But with keep walking first, in case she stops to read.

2 Likes

Good point. Too many words becomes the park-goers equivalent to driver distraction.

Keep walking.
Just trust me on this.

3 Likes

If my DH planned out a trip, this would probably be my response as well. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s gotta be the TP motto, right?

5 Likes

If @len makes a profit off this slogan, I at least demand a Dole Whip for my efforts (I should push for the spiked one)

5 Likes

Okay. Hereā€™s your business model.

1. You open an Etsy shop to sell this T-shirt.
  2. @len pays you a small ā€œadvertising feeā€ to including the Touring Plans logo/website on the sleeve. Of course, everyone who sees the shirt will be amazed and see the logo and immediately go and buy a Touring Plans plan and makes up for the small advertising fee!
  3. @larrielaine can actually make them for you, and will take a share of the profits
  4. You spend your minuscule profits on a Dole Whip.

What could POSSIBLY go wrong?

6 Likes

I may quote this in the book.

I did an interview recently with a well-known travel magazine (itā€™s not published yet), about how to save time in line at WDW. Literally the first bullet point in my notes was ā€œThereā€™s no simple adviceā€ followed by why crossing the park makes the most sense.

5 Likes

I believe we have an important obligation to help less fortunate tourists upgrade their vacations. Profit is simply a byproduct weā€™ve learned to live with.

11 Likes

This thread is awesome. Back in 2016 I planned our trip to the minute, and my wife said she appreciated that I did that, but didnā€™t want to and thought I was a little on the crazy side. After it was over, she said that she realized why I had spent so much time.

Fast forward to now- I told her she would have to ask off during Thanksgiving week next year and she said ā€œThey will think Iā€™m crazy asking off that far in advance. They wonā€™t understandā€ and I told her that even though they wonā€™t understand, it has to be done. Earlier this week she texted me and said someone would fill in for her that week. I texted back and said that I was getting really excited, and right away she said she was too and that I was wearing off on her.

She still has no idea about what our plans are that week - just knows that Iā€™m in charge and I will choose the right things for us to have the most fun.

5 Likes