No Idea šŸ˜³

Thank god I am not alone

2 Likes

I have literally opened conversations with my wife saying "You donā€™t have to have an opinion on this, but if you WERE to have an opinion you would have to have it now. "

To which she often replies ā€œwhatever you think is bestā€ā€¦ and then comments on the week before a trip :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Iā€™m starting to like the ignorance as it means no arguing and she thinks Iā€™m an expert when in all honesty Iā€™ll be winging a little bit but only the ā€œwingingā€ 15 minute break in my touring plan hahahaha

1 Like

My husband does the same. Always tells me he doesnā€™t care what we do or that he is tired of Disney planning. Then suddenly he has very strong opinions on what we are doing. Nope, I donā€™t think so buddy!

5 Likes

Sorry about your pain dude, but it is very comforting for me to be reminded that I am not alone in the world.

I leave in about 10 days and Iā€™m already prepping my ā€œYou have to trust me on this, keep walkingā€

This will be our 3rd trip using TP, and I still will get mocked because they doubt it actually makes a difference, next trip I may dump TP and visit Christmas Day intentionally just to prove a point.

6 Likes

It is definitely our burden to carry ā€¦ if you see a stressed out bald middle aged Brit ā€¦ please say hello :+1:t2:

4 Likes

Ah ok.

I work night shift and was just waking. This makes total sense now, but at that hour of the day my brain could not math.

3 Likes

Say Hello??? Thereā€™s no time for pleasantries, Iā€™m on a scheduleā€¦I"M A LINER!:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

12 Likes

Your a bit of a legend on here ā€¦ Iā€™m only grateful for your comments ā€¦ see you kinda like Yoda (in a nice way) :blush:

6 Likes

hahahaha war it is ā€¦ Iā€™ll send my stroppy DD14 after you lol

2 Likes

Just drop your plan one morning on this trip if you have to. It will be worth the pain.

I once organized a two week trip to Italy with some friends. Friends are harder to manage because they donā€™t take orders well. :laughing: We were in Rome, then visiting other parts of Italy for a while, then returning to Rome. About the third day, after endless complaints, I quit dispensing advice. And suffered quietly through some horrible meals (yes there is bad food in Italy) and arguments.

By the time we got back to Rome, they were much more congenial and compliantā€¦

4 Likes

Aww thanks.

I looked like Yoda when I first replied. Still kinda do. Itā€™s my night off so itā€™s jammies and bad hair all the way

4 Likes

Oh! I never would have done that math! Impressive!

2 Likes

Love this post! This will be me come the end of March :joy: Have a wonderful holiday, I hope your family appreciate you in the end!

2 Likes

They wonā€™t ā€¦ I will ! Thankyou all for your advice ! I promise to post some sort of misguided, alcohol fuelled trip report ā€¦

3 Likes

Good luck with your trip! Currently, DS28 is in Orlando with his wifeā€™s extended family, who are not planners! They will go to first park tomorrow, and havenā€™t bought tickets (they do all have MNSSHP ones). Heā€™s grateful he can call or text me as needed. Itā€™s his first trip as adult. I think there may be a future trip for DS, DDIL, and me to do it planner style!

3 Likes

Tell her to sit back and enjoy the Magic, and after itā€™s over, not to call you Harry Potter.

4 Likes

On reflection, I have to confess that my DS20 is even worse than your DW. I ask him, try to cajole him into making decisions and share his opinions, tell him what decisions I have made, hotel, restaurants etc (even Whatā€™s App the information )but if you asked him today when we are going or where we are staying, he would look at me and say, ā€˜When did you say we are leaving? Where are we staying?ā€™. He is very good on the actual trip though (now that we have passed the teenage years. ā€¦there was one trip where he always seemed to be trailing 5 steps behind, looking permanently grumpy, but he assured me he was happyā€¦I still wanted to ring his neck though). DD24 is the opposite ā€¦all over the planning and if I step out of line or go freestyleā€¦I will have her to answer to.

2 Likes

Same boat! I keep asking for family input and have a very reluctant sister who simply does not want to discuss. My words were ā€œfine but that means we roll with what I planā€.

If this actually plays out that way in January, it will be the first time in our 33 years of sisterhood that she will have ever taken my lead. I suppose Iā€™ll owe it all to Disney :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

My best friend is this way I plan for weeks months for our fishing trips. I ask him what his thoughts are (whatever you decide.) When we get there all of a sudden he has an opinion. He keeps asking when are we going again. Iā€™d like to say when you plan one. Next time Iā€™m just going to book for my family and when we leave Iā€™ll ask him where is he staying. DW and DD were not helpful in our planning I kept asking for their input and told them I did not want to hear any complaints. All I heard was where to next and it all went well.

3 Likes