NEWS: AP Holder Resort Discounts Announced up to 40% off through September 20, 2020

Man I’m so jealous of you AP holders! Anyone want to take me along? I’ll sleep on the floor!

Hi everyone - I have a confirmed reservation at Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2 bedroom savannah view. Aug 1-4. Unfortunately, my family can no longer go and it’s non-refundable (DVC rental). We saved 2 years for it and are devastated. I’m willing to take a big discount just to try to get some money back…probably close to a studio price. Please message me if you’re interested. (If this post isn’t allowed, I’m sorry… I tried looking for rules but couldn’t find any!)

For whatever reason, MDE STILL won’t let me see any room prices for the dates I already have booked…but I was curious about prices for the same dates at Caribbean Beach Resort…basically we need three studio rooms. But, I can’t see on-line those dates.

If someone with an AP is willing to be every so kind, I’m wondering if you could look up at the AP discount price is for a CBR Studio room right now for dates August 7 through August 14.

Thanks ever so much!

$185.99 for water/pool view standard
$186.18 for Standard view 5th sleeper, $194.44 for Water/pool view
$228.61 Preferred view
$189.89 King bed, multiple view options

1 Like

What expiration date is reflected in your MDE for your AP?

The year 2030! :wink: (I haven’t activated it yet.)

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Could that be why you are unable to view the rates?

I can actually view the rates just fine…just not if I pick dates that correspond to the dates I already have reservations. So, if I pick dates of August 14-21 instead, I can get rates…but I don’t know if the pricing is the same for Aug. 7 to Aug 14 versus 14 through 21. Looks like they aren’t the same, but close to the same.

I switched yesterday from Pop to CBR for our two rooms, AP rate was about 170/nt per room for Standard for 7/30-8/5. Less than we were paying for Pop.

After some quick calculations and looking at rooms, etc, we decided that would could probably do CBR for about the same as we were going to do Pop (before the AP discount). So I dutifully called, and well…no more availability.

So, we’re staying at Pop! :wink:

Pop is a smaller campus though… CBR is sooo sprawling you could have ended up with a long hike to transportation or food courts.

I think you will be happy in either. Yesterday when I called in the morning they weren’t able to move mine or apply the AP discount. When I called back in late afternoon however they could do it. And I’m sure people will still be cancelling as they try to decide what to do. Keep checking if you really want to move.

I’m pretty happy. Saved about $700 with this AP discount on my room at the Contemporary starting 7/27. Woot!

Military room discounts are available again. Usually military are better than FL res. or AP discounts.

In other news, Shades of Green has extended their re-opening date into August 2020.

Shades of Green Tentative Re-Opening Date Extended Again and Again

Just received this email with offers from Universal, posting in case they are useful to anyone:
http://links.messages.universalorlando.com/servlet/MailView?ms=NDI5MjQwMzES1&r=MTA4OTEyMDQ2NTYzMAS2&j=MTgwMDc2ODMzMgS2&mt=1&rt=0

Someone wrote in one of the threads that WDW and maybe Universal are having trouble filling the rooms that they have opened (for limited capacity); maybe @OBNurseNH? Does anyone have a confirmation on this? Maybe I misread a post? I keep coming back to this in my mind… that even though WDW, Universal have done a phenomenal job to keep guests safe, ppl still are not traveling enough or willing to travel enough to fill the limited available occupancy.

We stayed at Adventura for 4th of July weekend. The people at the front desk said they were worried that the Hotel was so slow.
But it didn’t seem that dead to me

1 Like

I don’t know anything really about Uni

Much of that may have to do with the travel quarantines.

1 Like