NEWS: AP Holder Resort Discounts Announced up to 40% off through September 20, 2020

If you look at the park availability calendar, only DHS one week after opening has reached capacity. These discounts are pretty aggressive for a reason.

https://www.disneyworld.eu/availability-calendar/

I am wondering how many people are holding packages just in case they end up going, but will probably cancel 7 days before.

Also, are there heavily discounted DVC points right now? I would imagine owners might be in an use it or lose it situation without being able to go, so something like this would be expected.

Based on The DVC Rental Store, and David’s, it doesn’t appear there’s a ton yet. The most discounted are those for stays starting like next week. But after just another week or so, the pricing (cost per point) jumps back to almost normal. So, I think if you want to find a DVC rental deal, you will likely need to find a deal about a week out.

1 Like

I was reading the Rental Store have something like 1500 confirmed rentals listed, David’s has around 1000.

So to be clear, these are actual booked stays which people are trying to offload. So you would need to take them as they are, no changes. Not the same as requesting points to rent.

the reason the price hasn’t dropped is probably because the brokers don’t want to reduce what they get. But I can’t help but think there are going to be a lot of disappointed owners or renters, depending on whether these are trips an owner is no longer taking, or ones that a renter has put up to “sub-let” as it were - with the owner’s permission.

2 Likes

:raising_hand_woman:

2 Likes