NEWS: AP Holder Resort Discounts Announced up to 40% off through September 20, 2020

I want that deal!!!

In the past, I was able to book multiple rooms with my AP (disclosure: this was at DLR, but I imagine it would apply to WDW as well).

The only one better was when a patient was moved from CBR to Poly at no upcharge due to overbooking at CBR. The client had originally wanted Poly until I gave her the quote. So that was super fun to call her and say guess what?! She kept asking me, ā€œAre you kidding with me??ā€

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

That is fantastic

They always say that you will need to show your AP, but in the many times that Iā€™ve booked rooms with an AP discount, I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever been asked for it. Iā€™ve often done online check in and gone straight to the room and itā€™s never been a problem before. Even when my brother checked in at the desk to a room that I had booked for him using my AP discount, they didnā€™t even mention it to him - and I only had the voucher then too. So, while thereā€™s always a chance they may want to see it, youā€™ll probably never even be asked for it.

Okay, since I helped save everyone so much money, I need some of advice.

For our trip at the end of July, WDW moved us from the YC to BCV at the same price. BCV is unavailable for the 40% discount. However several other properties are available for the same time at a lower price.

With the 40% discount for the same time period I can get:

• BLT for $13 less than my current total
  • Riviera for $27 less
  • Contemporary Resort - Garden View for $179 less
  • WL DVC for $282 less
  • I can go across Crescent Lake to the BWV for $260 less.

Never have stayed at any DVC property, any suggestions.

Iā€™d do WL

If you want to remain on Crescent Lake, I would switch to BWV. The only reason I would choose BCV over BWV is Stormalong Bay. My understanding is that it is not opening yet.

Otherwise, Iā€™d go WL.

Are these all studios?

BLT studios are much smaller than others.

And which WL villas? Copper Creek are the new ones in the main building, Boulder Ridge are the original ones in a separate building.

For me Iā€™d either go WL or Riviera.

These are all studios.

The WL Boulder Ridge is $282 less, Copper Creek is $248 less.

We did stay in a regular room at the WL five years ago and it was our best stay on WDW property.

How different are the DVC studios from a regular WL room?

Iā€™ve heard of Disney Fever but this is ridiculous. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Iā€™d go for BLT or BWV mā€™self.

BW easy walk to both HS and Epcot. With F&W happening, could be really enjoyable.

BLT for the view and walk to MK.

1 Like

Youā€™ll have a queen bed and a double pull out sofa bed. Some have the single pull down under the TV too.

A kitchenette with toaster, microwave, coffee maker and fridge.

How many of you are there? If itā€™s just two then there will be plenty of room in the BLT studio, but I gather itā€™s tight if you have the sofa bed down.

Did I really type patient?

LOL

Mixing up my work worlds

GUEST. It was a guest!

2 Likes

It will be myself, wife and 15 yo daughter. Would prefer to avoid the sofa bed.

OK, well the following studios will have the single pulldown, which I think are standard at 29 x 67 inches.

WL - Boulder Ridge only
BWV
Riviera

Neither Copper Creek nor Bay Lake have that option so you would have to use the sofa bed. Of course she could sleep on the sofa itself, without pulling it out.

I concur with BWV or WL, or just stay in BCV. Access to DHS and Epcot is a big factor for me, especially with the efficiency of transportation being in doubt.

Ummmm pm me, I might have you plan our next one!

Thx so much for this post. I was able to switch out CR garden wing standard (i.e. view of concrete ) for BCV studio for the same price , so i can walk to Epcot and HS.

If I go. Still watching the numbers

But thanks!!!

I am not too familiar with the set up of the studios at the Riviera, but we stayed in a 1 BR Villa at the Riviera in March. I absolutely loved it! Everything was so new and clean. The Skyliner access is so very convenient for EP and HS. The bus stop area for MK and AK is all under cover, which was great. Donā€™t forget that there is currently no monorail service to EP right now from the MK resorts, so being able to use the Skyliner will be a benefit. Not sure what you are looking for in theming, some people have been critical of the Riviera for what they think is a lack of theming. For us, it was perfect. Very bright and clean.