New MK Nighttime show "Disney Enchantment" and EPCOT Harmonious to premiere October 1st

I’ve told this story before, but all my stories are interesting, so it’s worth a re-telling.

I saw HEA for the first time on the first night of my first visit to WDW. I booked the Plaza Gardens dessert party. I stood at the railing at the back, as instructed by the experts.

Just as it began some girl started dancing to the music. Not on the spot. No. She danced to the left and to the right, constantly crossing my field of view. It was wildly distracting and irritating and I really wanted to say something to her. But all I could think was that you cannot tell a child to stop dancing at Disney World. You just can’t.

9 Likes

So you slapped her in the face and just silently wagged your finger at her.

British Politeness: Always on Display.

6 Likes

Thank you! Although you can’t help it if you are tall. What I am saying is that if you feel it’s necessary to put your 9-year-old up on your shoulders because “she deserves the best view possible”, at least find a spot off to the side! But no, they consistently stand right smack in the middle of Main Street, not caring who is behind them. We stake out our position about an hour ahead of time, and it never fails… 2 minutes before the show starts, up goes the kid. :laughing:

3 Likes

No, I did what all British people do when we are enraged.

I tutted. Quietly, and to myself.

And then bitched about it afterwards.

12 Likes

I guess my latent British DNA is more influential than I thought, because that’s pretty much what I would do too! :joy:

3 Likes

It’s like a rite of passage at Disney, i think

1 Like

Oh, I forgot to mention — sorry — I hate the new outfits. I like the gold shoes, but the weird blue colour is awful.

1 Like

The ONE time we saw HEA we ended up sort-of in front of someone in a wheel chair. Together, the crowd-control-lightsaber-wielding-cm, my DH and I teamed up to make sure that we kept a small piece of the space just to the right of the tape-lined walkway clear to ensure that this person could see the castle once HEA had started.

No fewer than FIVE separate people tried to sneak into the space and stand right in front of the poor woman during HEA and we kicked them all out. It was infuriating because it was completely obvious that by moving into the space you would block the woman’s view and that the space had been left intentionally.

So, you cannot tell a child to stop dancing, but you sure as heck can tell an entitled adult to keep on walking to let the person that has been waiting for 45 minutes watch the show.

12 Likes

I’m not sure it is the blue color, but I do think the new outfits seem off somehow. Like…it looks like a (human) guy dressed up who plopped a Mickey head on top. Okay, I get that’s all Mickey EVER is…but there is something particularly disjointed with this outfit compared to others I’ve seen.

Yes. I just looked at it and that’s exactly what it is. The cut of the clothes is a bit slimmer, the jacket is shorter, and the Mickey head is actually smaller I think. I’m not sure if it’s just a POV thing or what. None of the other characters seem off like Mickey does.

I reeeeaaaalllly hope this isn’t our big announcement for today. I mean, I guess it is a “big announcement,” but it’s not one I’m excited about. Please announce the return of FPs or dessert parties or AH events. Please!!

1 Like

If you enter for Boo Bash at 7, you could still catch the daily HEA before Boo Bash “officially” starts.

Just wanna say: wasn’t my trip, but thanks for that all the same. :heart:

2 Likes

I was under the impression that there would be no HEA on boo bash dates.
I assumed, I didn’t read that anywhere.

Frankly I’m just happy he has PANTS and not that weird not-shorts-not-pants length his birthday outfit was. THOSE bottom clothes were HORRID.

HEA will happen on Boo Bash dates, prior to the park closing for non-BB guests: https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/happily-ever-after/news/15jun2021-disneys-fireworks-plans-for-july-4-and-disney-after-hours-boo-bash.htm

2 Likes

Here’s my issue with Harmonious. Wind. The moment it is windy it’s going to be a mess. Even without the wind it looks like a mess in the concept art! But when it’s windy aside from water blowing everywhere whatever patterns they’re going for, water curtains, etc will just be a mess. I would love to know who thought this thing (especially the permanent barges in the lagoon) was a good idea.

3 Likes

Oh, don’t worry. Disney plans to install giant fans all around the perimeter of the lake to counteract any effects of natural wind in the area… :wink:

1 Like

Fixed it for you.

9 Likes

I think I’m so traumatized by the very mention of those things that I completely glossed over that pic. Now that I see it I still effing hate it. I don’t care how many nostalgic songs they throw in there I am just not going to like that show.